I Have A Shot.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

And then she kissed him. 

Yes, that did happen. But, we should go back into the story to understand why.  

That weekend Yeeun passed her time still thinking in what Eunwoo said. She was struggling to understand her own feelings. She was confused and later on just resorted ignoring it. It's better when you can't see it. 

So that Monday morning she got to school early as usual and headed to her classroom to read yet the loneliness and silence only made those thoughts to return. She went to the school's patio where a few students were already there. 
Yeeun sat on a bench and continued to read until the noise of people talking almost in front of her interrupted her. 

- Are they really dating? I thought that was just a joke. How could Jungkook date her? - 

- They are dating. I'm also shocked about it. - 

- They were on a date last Saturday in Underworld. But, you should've seen the clothes she was wearing, so embarrassing. - 

Baekhee's laughter was so recognizable Yeeun didn't have to divert her gaze from the book to know it was her. She didn't need to look at them to know they were talking loudly on purpose for her to hear them. 

"Ignore it, Yeeun. Just ignore it." She said to herself as she focused on her book. "Don't let them get to you". 

But ignoring them just annoyed Baekhee more and the three girls kept talking until they got closer to her. 

- And doesn't she attend the school with a scholarship? - 

"What?". Yeeun rolled her eyes thinking how pathetic and low it was for Baekhee to try to pick on her because she had a scholarship. She decided to go, hearing their stupidity was not worth it. However, the girls followed her and Yeeun finally turned around to face them. 

- What is your problem? - she asked them with a calm voice but got only more mocking in return. The girls laughed, Baekhee more than the rest. 

Yeeun held tightly the book in her hands as she took a deep breath. 

- I don't have a problem, Yeeun. Actually, I think you're going to end up helping me. - Baekhee said and her friends agreed with the same smirk on their faces. 

- What do you mean? - Yeeun asked later as she didn't understand. 

- It's quite simple, don't you get it? If Jungkook can get over Chaeyeon and date a girl like you, then... - Baekhee left her sentence unfinished as she looked Yeeun up and down with disdain. 

It was how Yeeun understood her words. Baekhee didn't believe she was at the same level as Chaeyeon, whether it was about physical appearance or just overall. But she did believe she was above Yeeun. She believed her inferior. Baekhee thought she didn't have a chance with Jungkook when he was interested in Chaeyeon but now that he was supposedly dating Yeeun, Baekhee thought she did have a shot.

Yeeun bit her lips with anger. She saw the three girls and thought she could easily fight them. But fighting won't do any good, she knew it perfectly. Once already she retaliated and it became worse. Yeeun remembered it clearly. She remembered seeing her mother crying and that was enough to make her smile softly at Baekhee. 

- So this is why you're doing this? - she asked with more confidence. 

- Doing what? - Baekhee asked back with fake innocence.

- You're attacking me to make me back down. You want me to break up with Jungkook. -

- Actually, no. I'm sure whatever went through Jungkook's head when he decided to date you will soon be over. I'm attacking you because I dislike you. - the girl answered but Yeeun was not fazed. 

Baekhee was lying. Before that, she had been nice to Yeeun and the only reason that could have changed overnight was her supposed relation to Jungkook. If Baekhee had acted better and not like a whiny little brat whose toy was taken from her, Yeeun's response would have been different. But she tried to hurt Yeeun's pride, so she was going to hurt hers. And she knew how. 

-  In the end, you can keep crying about it. But, it doesn't change the fact that Jungkook is my boyfriend. - she said as she turned around feeling proud not without seeing Baekhee's hurt expression on her face. 

But behind her stood Jungkook, who was quietly observing her. She felt nervous but then decided that if she was going to do it, it was better to go all the way. She walked determined to him and put her hands on his head as she lowered it to hers. 

She kissed him. 

She was kissing him. 

She was kissing him for a few minutes and then it all exploded in Yeeun's head as she realized what she was doing. She took a sept back and saw Jungkook slowly opening his eyes and staring at her with surprise. She was surprised herself and tried to talk but just managed to blurt out random words until she finally formed a decent sentence. 

- Are they gone? - she asked. 

- Who? - Jungkook asked back as she turned around once more to see Baekhee getting away with her friends before she returned her attention to Jungkook who was looking at her lips. 

She was even more nervous now seeing his bewilderment and tried to explain herself. 

- I... I... I kissed my boyfriend. - 

"Did I really say that?" she thought to herself and looked at him with horror. Jungkook was just staring at her with a frown and touching his lips with his fingertips. 

- No... what I meant to say is that I... - 

- That you kissed your boyfriend. - Jungkook said now with a big smile that she gave back awkwardly. 

- I have to go. - she muttered and ran away from him as fast as she could trying to find the best place to hide. 

She couldn't go back to her classroom, she couldn't go to the patio or any other place. She waited by the gates of the school hoping Eunwoo would be there soon and upon spotting her, Yeeun dragged her to the gym where she told her everything that happened that morning. 

- Ah, I'm so embarrassed, Eunwoo. What am I going to do? - she asked with a shaky voice. 

Eunwoo didn't answer anything, she was too busy holding her stomach and laughing out loud. Her laughter was echoing in the empty gym and Yeeun felt even more miserable. 

- I'm glad you think it's funny, but I'm dying here. How am I going to face Jungkook now? - 

- I'm sorry... I'm sorry. - Eunwoo said as she calmed down. - I just... I can't believe you did that. - 

- I know, right! What was I thinking? Well, I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to get back at Baekhee and her mean words. - 

- No, I understand that part. But, why did you have to kiss him exactly? -

- What? - 

- Well, you two are pretending to date each other. If you wanted to hurt Baekhee, you could've gone to Jungkook and, I don't know, hold his hand... or hug him. But you went in and kissed him! Why? - 

- Because th-that was better than punching Baekhee and I really wanted to. - Yeeun said. 

- That doesn't answer my question. Yeeun, do you think that maybe you had another motive? Don't you think that maybe you wanted to kiss him? - 

- What? No, of course not. - Yeeun hurried to reply but she had a hole in her stomach while saying it. Because of how embarrassed she felt, she didn't think about the other emotions she had when she kissed him. 

Or she just didn't want to think about it because she didn't know what those emotions were. She never felt like that before and it was all new to her. 

- Okay, if that's what you say. - Eunwoo said and then bent over to get something out of her backpack. She turned around to Yeeun with the object in her hands and spoke happily. 

- Smile for the camera, Yeeun. - 

Yeeun was startled by the shutter of a camera and she reacted too late for the smile that Eunwoo ended up laughing at her expression. 

- What are you doing? - Yeeun asked and Eunwoo smiled briefly before answering. 

- The camera belongs to my dad. When I was little he used to take pictures of me and mom but he didn't have time for it once he started working at the insurance company. But I do have time for this hobby so I've decided to take pic

Please log in to read the full chapter