Love.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- I think I'm falling in love. - 

Hyunggu, who was in the kitchen preparing breakfast, had to step back from the stove to look at Chaeyeon. 

- I'm getting better at making these pancakes but that's not the praise I was expecting. - he said smiling. 

Chaeyeon smiled herself and took another bite of the pancakes Hyunggu was preparing. He was right. He was getting better. 

- I'm serious. - she said later. - I met a guy and I think I'm falling for him. - 

- Wow. That's... - dumbfounded, Hyunggu didn't know what to reply. He opted to ask about the guy instead. 

- His name is Wooyoung and we met a few weeks ago at the coffee shop. - 

-  A few weeks ago? Why didn't you tell me? -   

- I didn't want to jinx it. I'm always telling you about guys I find cute and then I get disillusioned so fast. I know it's because I'm picky, but, I didn't want it to happen again. - 

- You're not picky. You know what you want and you don't waste time or let others waste time with you. That's not a flaw.  - 

- Well, I know I won't be wasting time with Wooyoung. My feelings for him are quite serious. I've told him I want to introduce him to my boys. - Chaeyeon said happily. 

- So your feelings are serious. It's great news, Chaeyeon. I'm happy for you. Which of your three boys are you going to introduce him to first? Is it your brother? - 

Chaeyeon smiled even more. She had waited the whole morning to talk to him and tell him about Wooyoung. She was excited about it for one particular reason. 

- You, Kino. I want Wooyoung to meet you first. Why do you think I'm telling you first about this? - 

- Wait, hold on. Are you calling me one of your boys? - Hyunggu asked surprised. 

- Of course, you are one of my boys! - 

- Really? This is... I'm honored, seriously. So, does that mean you'd take bullets for me now? - Hyunggu . 

- Oh, Angel, you're so cute. We all know you'd take a bullet for me first. - Chaeyeon said back and continued to eat. 

Hyunggu watched her in silence as he drank from his coffee. He didn't deny what she said because it was true. It had been a long time he had realized how much he cared for her and all the things he'd do for her. But that was a given, right? Because she was his best friend. 

- Anyway; tell me which day you have time so we can meet. - Chaeyeon added. 

- Are we going on a double date? - 

- Yeah. It'd be fun if we take into account how we go on double dates all the time. - 

- But this time with our actual partners. - Hyunggu said. 

Chaeyeon smiled. They went on double dates with Jungkook and Yeeun, even though sometimes Hyunggu went with Jiyeon, it was mostly the two of them. It was like that because Chaeyeon and Yeeun were closer to each other. 

Right then, Jiyeon came out of her bedroom all dressed up and ready to go, to which Hyunggu was frowning. He asked her where was she going. 

- I have to go to school. I'm sorry, honey. I know you cooked breakfast and all but, do you remember that project I told you about? Well, some issues came up and we need to make some arrangements, so... I'll make it up to you tonight, I promise. - Jiyeon told him and kissed him goodbye. 

- Take good care of him. - she said to Chaeyeon before she closed the door. 

- See? That's what I want. - Chaeyeon said again once they were alone. 

- What do you want? Spend the night with your girlfriend and see her leave early morning back to school while you stay in her apartment? - Hyunggu complained. 

- Come on, Kino. You know she worries about school. We all do. Besides, I'm talking about being in love, being in a relationship. That's what I want. - 

- Then, let's hope this Wooyoung guy is the one. - 

Days later, Chaeyeon was sitting with Wooyoung in a fancy restaurant as they waited for Hyunggu and Jiyeon. Chaeyeon could notice her boyfriend was nervous and she took his hand to calm him down. 

- And you're saying this guy I'm meeting is your best friend, right? - he asked her. 

- Yes. But don't worry. Hyunggu is the best, you're going to love him. - she told him. 

- I'm more worried wondering if he's going to love me. - Wooyoung said. 

Chaeyeon kept quiet with that. She didn't want to say she was also worried about it. Her feelings for Wooyoung were growing fast and deep but Hyunggu... Hyunggu was her best friend. He was her person, her Angel. His opinion on Wooyoung could change the way she saw him. 

But the moment Hyunggu appeared, she knew things would be okay. Hyunggu was not like he used to be. He didn't hide nor lowered his head and he came in with a big smile to meet Wooyoung. The two quickly started a conversation that flowed effortlessly. Wooyoung and Jiyeon already met thanks to their parents so that was not a problem. The night went perfect. 

And when it was over, Chaeyeon and Hyunggu were sitting on the hood of her car by the riverside watching the stars shining on the dark sky. 

- So, I have to ask. What do you think of Wooyoung? - Chaeyeon said and bit her lips waiting for a response. 

- I like him. He seems to be a nice guy. - 

- I'm glad you like him. Because I am falling for him more every day. - 

- I can see. And you know what I was thinking about. I was remembering when you told me I'd be the first to know when you fell in love. You kept your word. - Hyunggu said. 

- I did, didn't I? I'm the Little Devil. I keep my word. -    

  - And now that you're in love your feelings won't change in a heartbeat. Now you'll know what it is like to be happy when your loved one is happy. - 

- That's true, Kino. I can finally know what you were talking about. And you know what being in love also makes me want to do? - Chaeyeon asked with that mischievous smile. That angelic smile. 

- What? - Hyunggu asked back, cautious of what that smile meant. 

- It makes me want to sing. - 

Hyunggu couldn't hold his laughter when he heard her answer. That wasn't what he was expecting her to say. 

- It makes you want to sing? Really? - 

- Yeah, really. It makes me go... "I wanna stand with you on a mountain, I wanna bathe with you in the sea. I wanna lay like this forever..." - 

By the time Chaeyeon finished singing, Hyunggu was not laugh

Please log in to read the full chapter