Changes.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

And that's how the third story ends...No; I'm just kidding. But we will be skipping forward.

- Graduation day! Graduation day! - 

Chaeyeon yelled excited in her bedroom. It was the day she and Jaehyun would be graduating high school. The past months passed by so fast for Chaeyeon. She couldn't believe she will no longer be a high school student. She will be a University student. 

She barged into her brother's bedroom yelling about their graduation but she stopped when she realized he was talking on the phone. 

- It's okay, I understand. - he was saying. -  I'll... I'll try to go soon... I... I will figure it out. It's alright. I'll call you later. - 
Jaehyun hung up the phone and sighed as he sat on his bed. 

- Let me guess. You were talking to Eunwoo. - Chaeyeon said. There was only one person who could make Jaehyun be that sad.

- Yeah. It turns out, she can't come. - Jaehyun added as he laid on his bed. 

Well, Chaeyeon had to admit that all those months since Eunwoo moved away didn't pass as fast for Jaehyun. Only two weeks after Eunwoo left, Jaehyun went to visit her and she came to visit them not too long after that. They continued to visit each other but it was starting to be more difficult for them to do so.

- Well, cheer up. It's our graduation day, Jaehyun. - 

- You're quite excited. Aren't you a bit nervous about all the changes? - her brother asked. 

- What changes? - 

- What changes? All of these. Everything is changing, Chaeyeon. -

- You're so dramatic, Jaehyun. Things will be the same. We'll just change schools. - 

Chaeyeon left Jaehyun's bedroom once she heard her parents' voices in the living room. She headed there yelling one more time. 

- It's graduation day! - 

- Wow, Chaeyeon, since when are you so loud? - Her mother asked with a smile. 

- Let her be. She has every right to be loud. Today marks one-day closer for my daughter to become a successful lawyer. - The father claimed proudly. 

- And it will be a piece of cake for me to become a lawyer. You can already brag to your friends about it. - Chaeyeon added with a cheeky smile. 

It was at the age of ten that Chaeyeon watched a movie with her Dad and she decided she'd become a lawyer. Dr. Jung supported the idea and along the years, he waited patiently for it to happen. 

So father and daughter were the most excited during the whole time the ceremony lasted. Jaehyun was also happy but Chaeyeon knew deep inside of her, he was upset that Eunwoo couldn't be there. 

At least they still had their friends, Chaeyeon thought to herself. And she didn't hesitate in taking as many pictures as possible with her now old classmates and her friends. With Younghoon, Jiyeon, and Minho. And with her twin, of course. 

- Hey, congratulations. - Jungkook said. Yeeun was next to him and she also congratulated them. Seokmin was with them too. 

- Yeah, I'm happy you graduated. And I would be happier if this was my graduation day as well. But it isn't thanks to Jeongmin. - Seokmin sighed. 

- It's okay. Next year will be our turn. - Jungkook reassured him. 

- Don't worry about Jeongmin. I heard the family had to move because he couldn't get in any school. Not with those records. - Minho said. 

- I heard that too. - 

Chaeyeon turned around and saw Hyunggu standing behind them. He was holding a bouquet. 

- Congratulations. - Hyunggu said and gave the flowers to Jiyeon, his girlfriend. 

If there had been a change in her life it was that one. Hyunggu and Jiyeon were dating. 

- And congratulations to you too. - Hyunggu said again as he handed another bouquet to her. Lillies, her favorite.

Well, that wasn't exactly a change. Because even if Hyunggu was dating Jiyeon, he still treated Chaeyeon the same. And they still hunged out together all the time. 

- Come, Hyunggu. Let's take a picture with my parents. - Jiyeon said as she took him by the hand and walked away. 

- How thoughtful of Hyunggu to give flowers to his girlfriend... and to his other girlfriend. - Seokmin said as he pointed to Chaeyeon. Everyone laughed at that but Chaeyeon pouted. 

- Shut up, Seokmin. I hope you don't think about telling a joke like that in front of Jiyeon. - Chaeyeon scolded him. 

- I'm funny, not stupid. - he defended himself but Chaeyeon still glared at him. 

- I have an idea. Since it's our last day here, can we play one last game? - Younghoon suggested. The others were quick to agree and Chaeyeon went along.

- Don't mind what Seokmin said, he's just fooling around. - Yeeun said as they both sat on a bench to watch the game. 

- I know but he has to remember Hyunggu and I are just friends. - 

- Right. We know. - 

- What's happening? - Hyunggu suddenly standing beside her. 

- We're playing for the last time. You're joining, right? - Jungkook asked him. 

- Sure. - he replied and took off his jacket to give it to Chaeyeon at the same time Jungkook gave his to Yeeun. 

Chaeyeon didn't find anything weird about it until she turned around and saw Yeeun and Jungkook glancing at each other, a silent "told you so" between them. Hyunggu also noticed and he couldn't help but ask. 

- What? Why are you looking at us like that? - 

- Because they find strange you're giving me your jacket. You know, because of the tradition of the school.- Chaeyeon answered. 

- But, the tradition is to give it to someone special. You're my friend so it still applies. And I'm not a sports player.- Hyunggu added to which Chaeyeon nodded her head. 

- Yeah, it also applies to a friend. - Jungkook said and went to play.

Hyunggu turned to Chaeyeon then. 

- Do you find it strange? - he asked. 

- No, not all. We're friends. We're best friends. - she said and Hyunggu smiled before he walked away. 

It was true... at least in some part. Sports players giving out their jackets to someone special could also apply to friends. Jaehyun used to give his to Eunwoo, though that was not the best example considering Jaehyun claimed they were never friends but Eunwoo was always someone special for him. 

But there was a time Younghoon gave his jacket to Chaeyeon and they were friends, then, it was not a big deal that Hyunggu gave his to Chaeyeon. But there was one clear difference, Younghoon didn't have a girlfriend, Hyunggu did. 

And it became even more evident when that girlfriend, Jiyeon, came to sit next to Chaeyeon to watch the game. She glanced over to the jacket Chaeyeon had on her lap but didn't say anything. Chaeyeon thought about giving it to her, but, wouldn't that make it seem suspicious? Why did she have to give it away? 

Please log in to read the full chapter