Layers.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

So Thursday after class Hyunggu was at a fancy store with Chaeyeon. They were there to buy a suit for him to wear to Jiyeon's birthday party. 

- I don't know why are we taking all this trouble. Let's just choose a black suit. - Hyunggu said a bit frustrated. 

He was still surprised that letting Chaeyeon choose his outfit was the way she wanted to be paid for the favor she was going to do for him. 

- Let's just go for the black suit. You like black, so that's a better option. - Hyunggu repeated. 

- No, my sweet Angel. - Chaeyeon said. - Where's the fun in that? I told you I wanted to guess your taste in clothing and everyone likes black clothes so we won't choose that color. - Chaeyeon said as she kept going over all the suits. 

- You told me you wanted to play a game. If I had known it was to guess my taste in clothes, I would've told you way earlier what type of clothes I like. - Hyunggu complained and then sighed as he spoke again. - Do you really like this game? Have you played it before? - 

- Yeah. I used to do this with my dolls, but that was really just guessing my own taste. Then I moved on to do it with my boys but I know them so well that I get right on the first try and it's not that fun anymore. But since I'm still getting to know you, it will be interesting to know what kind of clothes you prefer. Is it more Hyunggu style? Is it Kino style or Angel style? I don't know. I need to find out. - the girl explained smiling. 

Hyunggu still didn't exactly understand what was fun about it but let her continue to see every piece of clothing. 

- Well, at least after you choose a suit, you can also help me choose a present for Jiyeon. - he said later. 

- You don't have to buy her a present. - Chaeyeon replied. 

- I know, she said that. But, isn't it the right thing to do? It is a birthday party after all. - 

- Okay, Kino. What birthday present do you want to get for a girl who is incredibly rich and probably already has everything she wants? - she asked.

- Good point. Fine, then maybe I can give her a handmade present. - 

- Oh, because that's not going to send mixed signals to a girl who likes you but that you don't want her to like you. - 

- Another good point. - Hyunggu answered and Chaeyeon smiled again. 

- That's why you don't have to buy her a present. And we just... oh, I've found one. - Chaeyeon excitedly said as she grabbed a suit that made Hyunggu frown. 

It was a floral print baby blue suit that even though it wasn't precisely ugly, it was way too flashy for Hyunggu. 

- I don't think it's appropriate for a birthday party. - he said but Chaeyeon didn't listen. 

- In Jiyeon's garden, there are so many beautiful flowers, you'll blend in perfectly with this. - 

- Yeah... just keep looking. - 

An hour later and after visiting different stores, Hyunggu was convinced Chaeyeon would not get his taste right. He wondered if she was doing it on purpose and choosing extravagant suits so he just kept looking at the black suits being certain that would be the last and final option. But then Chaeyeon came up to him holding a grey striped suit. 

- I have a winner, don't I? - Chaeyeon asked mischievously and didn't even need Hyunngu's response to know. 

He immediately liked the fabric and the fit of the pants. Chaeyeon just had to add the perfect shirt. If he wanted a black suit so much, then she'll just give him a black shirt. 

- And five points for Chaeyeon. - she claimed after Hyunggu tried on the suit and smiled pleased as he looked himself in the mirror. 

- Yes, you do get five points. This was kind of fun. - he agreed. 

- I told you. - Chaeyeon added as she stood beside him. She linked her arms with his and helped him fix his tie as they both stared at their reflection. 

- The suit definitely looks good on you. And you two look great together. - An employee calmly said. 

- Oh, we're not dating. - Hyunggu replied. 

- Yes, we're just friends. - Chaeyeon told her. The employee just smiled awkwardly and left. 

- Okay, so am I allowed to play the same game? Can I guess your taste? - Hyunggu later asked. 

- What? No. I already have the dress I'll be wearing. A black dress. - 

- A black dress? Where's the fun in that? - he repeated her own words. 

- It's not about fun. You know I only wear black clothes. - she defended herself. 

- I don't know. I have a feeling you like every color and that you wear different types of clothes. - Hyunggu firmly said. 

Chaeyeon stared at him for a while and then nodded with her head. 

- Alright, I'll give you the chance to guess. If you get it right, I'll wear the dress you choose for the party. - 

- Really? Do you promise? - he asked and after paying for the suit he headed to another store. 

Hyunggu spotted the black dresses instantly but went to a different direction. He also passed by the pastel colors thinking that probably almost every girl would be wearing those colors and he knew for sure Chaeyeon would not like to wear the same thing other girls would be wearing. 

So instead Hyunggu went for the brighter colors. He offered Chaeyeon several choices, different shades of colors. Blue, purple, and all the others. But then he saw the better one. 

It was a red dress with a stripped back,  a cute ribbon on the side and a circle skirt with layers underneath. It was the prettiest dress in the store. Or that's what Hyunggu thought.

- I think I have a winner. - he said proud of himself but the expression on Chaeyeon didn't change. She looked at the dress and sighed. 

- Nope. Sorry, Hyunggu, but this isn't it. I told you I only wear black. - she said with a bored tone.

Hyunggu had to accept the fact he had failed the game and Chaeyeon patted him in the back to encourage him. He gave up and the two went to eat ice cream later. 

- Sorry, we just wasted another hour trying to find a dress you didn't like. - Hyunggu said as he enjoyed the green tea ice cream. 

- It's okay. I liked what you said, though. - Chaeyeon responded and Hyunggu was confused. 

- What did I say? - he asked curiously. 

- That you have a feeling I like other colors. Even though I told you I wear black and you've seen me wear only black clothes, I like that it didn'

Please log in to read the full chapter