Insane.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaehyun watched attentively how Eunwoo gathered around all of their friends right next to the campfire. He was far enough to not hear the conversation but he knew what she was telling them. It was the same confession she had made to him just an hour ago. 

He could tell the exact moment Eunwoo said she was moving away when he saw Yeeun's reaction to the news. She seemed a bit shocked by it. Just like he had been. 

He noticed Chaeyeon immediately turned her eyes to him and Jungkook did it too. Jaehyun lowered his gaze and then stood up from his seat as he heard how their friends began to comfort Eunwoo, assuring her it would all be alright and that nothing would change. 

He wasn't so sure and that is the reason he went directly to his tent and left everybody behind. A while later, Seokmin came with the same smile as always.

- Aren't you going to eat anything? - he asked Jaehyun, but he just refused with his head. - Don't you want some ramen? -

- No. I'm not hungry. - Jaehyun answered. 

The two boys stayed in silence for a few minutes. Jaehyun knew the other was waiting for him to mention something about Eunwoo but he didn't want to. Or he just couldn't. 

At last, Seokmin gave up and decided to speak himself. 

- Isn't it great the news about Eunwoo? - 

Jaehyun stared at him with a frown. 

- Great? Which part do you think is great? The part where she's going away to a different country and we won't be able to see her every day now? - 

Seokmin let out a sigh and shook his head in disbelief. 

- I mean the part where she wants to achieve her dreams. Or maybe that's just me feeling like that. -

Jaehyun thought about it for a moment but didn't change his mind. It was still not the best news for him. He needed another push. 

- If you want to achieve something, you have to go for it. For Eunwoo it is literally to go for it. I mean, what are you willing to do to become a doctor, Jaehyun? - 

- Study hard and do extracurricular activities to prove I'm worthy in my college applications. But it doesn't sound as difficult as to move to another country. - Jaehyun smiled. 

- See? Well, we all do different things for our different paths. It doesn't mean one is less than the other. - 

- Yeah, I know. Like you and your dream of becoming a detective. Is that still what you want to do? - Jaehyun asked. 

- That's right. Mom is not so crazy about this dream but I am. And I will do it. - Seokmin replied with confidence. Then he turned to Jaehyun again. - It wasn't Eunwoo's dream to become a photographer before, right? What used to be her dream? What did she want to do? - 

Jaehyun looked at the ground as he recalled the times Eunwoo asked about his plans of becoming a basketball player. He knew the answer. 

- She just wanted to follow me. - 

"She just wanted to follow me," Jaehyun repeated to himself in his mind and suddenly everything made sense. He realized how selfish he was being by getting upset over this. 

It was selfish to be mad at the fact that Eunwoo had changed her wish of being next to him all the time to something else. To something that was better for her. Something that she was definitely passionate about judging by all the pictures she had taken in just one day. 

She loved it. She loved taking pictures. And he knew she also loved him. But just like Seokmin had said, it doesn't mean one is less than the other. It was just a decision she made.

Seokmin was right. It was great news. And he wasn't going to ruin it for her. She didn't deserve it. What she needed then was his support. 

So Jaehyun left his tent and went out to find Eunwoo. He found her chilling with the rest of their friends as she was once again taking their pictures. 

The girl lifted her eyes and met his. She didn't move nor reacted but Jaehyun smiled at her. He was telling her it was okay. He was telling her that he understood.

Monday came fast for Eunwoo, faster than the other days. The rest of the weekend at the haunted mountain was rather peaceful. She spent it now with a cheerful spirit as her burden had been taken off her shoulders. 

So there she was on the last day in school, listening to the teacher explaining to the rest of her class about her moving. 
Some of them were surprised and others were happy for her right away. She thanked them for their good wishes and told them she would never forget them before she proceeded to take a group picture to keep in her album. 

During lunchtime, she ate in one table with all of her friends. Neither of them said goodbye to her just yet. They still had time for that. They just talked like any other day. 

She did go to the principal and to the teachers' office. She told them she was grateful for everything she learned in all the years she was a student at Sevit High. 

After class, she went to the gym and watched the practice for the basketball team for the last time. And Jaehyun gave her his blazer. Like always. For the last time. 

- Hey, I heard you're moving to Tokyo. - Hojun said to her when he approached. 

- I am. The weirdo fangirl won't be here anymore. - she replied with a smiled that he gave back. 

- You can just be the fangirl of another basketball player in your new school. - he answered. 

- She was never a fangirl, though. - Jaehyun answered approaching as well. 

- Yes, I never was. I was just a  girl that Jaehyun knows. - Eunwoo added as she grinned.  

-  So, are you done for today? What was the last day in school like? - he asked again. 

- Quite underwhelming. I was expecting a feeling of loss and sadness. But it's not like that at all. I'm actually excited. - Eunwoo said. 

- That's good. - Jaehyun said but Minho also spoke. 

- Or maybe it hasn't sunk in yet. - 

Eunwoo pursed her lips but Jaehyun held her hand. 

- Don't worry about it. Everything is going to be okay. - he said and she believed him. 

She was honestly happy how Jaehyun had taken the news. Sure, he was surprised about it at first but he quickly understood it. And Yeeun did as well. It was because of it that she was excited about her leaving rather than sad. So she didn't waste time to ask to take a picture of the whole team along with Mr. Jeong. 

- So, I'll see you later. Right? - Jaehyun asked her and she nodded. 

- Yes. I mean, there are things I have to help my parents with the moving. But we will see each other. - 

Eunwoo waved at him and went home. She was still smiling. Because she knew they'd still see each other. 
But things weren't that easy. For the rest of the week, Eunwoo was so busy she barely even had the time to answer her phone. 

She had to sort out what of her furniture and belongings she will be taking with her and which will be donated to charity. They had to basically clean their whole apartment and with more than ten years of living there, you can be certain there were many things to clean. 

On Wednesday she flew to Tokyo to visit with her parents the house it would soon be theirs. It just needed her approval, her father said. 

She liked it. It was a beautiful house but it was not in a building. It didn't have the view of the city and it didn't have the neighbors from downstairs. It didn't have Jaehyun. But other than that, it was okay. 

On Thursday, she met her Japanese tutor. An easy going woman, who assured she will be speaking the language fluently in six months. She liked that idea. Because she didn't want to lose more time as she had already accepted she'd have to wait a year to enter school while she adapted to her new environment. 

And then on Saturday, being back in Seoul, she could finally see Jaehyun when their parents arranged a farewell dinner party. 

The adults spent most of the time talking about their old good times and telling stories of their past. When it came down to their inside joke, Eunwoo almost spilled her drink. 

- It's too bad. It seems my wish won't happen now. We won't be in-laws as we planned to be. - Dr. Lee said. 

- Don't lose hope yet, Mother. Anything is possible. I'll wait for her. Maybe next time we're all together it will be to arrange our wedding. - Jaehyun replied, leaving everyone shocked as it was the first time he responded to the joke.  He would just smile and nod along before.  

Chaeyeon laughed about it and Eunwoo blushed, feeling a bit flustered. And just like that the parents finally realized of their kids' feelings to one another. 

At the end of the night, Eunwoo could talk to Jaehyun. Not alone because now they were being watched. 

- Are you coming tomorrow, right? - she asked him. 

- I'm sorry. I won't be able. - he replied. 

- What? But... but all our friends are going. It's another farewell party for

Please log in to read the full chapter