Timing.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The week after the exams passed slower than the previous days. The tension and pressure of the students that could be felt throughout the whole school were replaced by anxiety for the trip. But for Eunwoo, the pressure and anxiety still laid on the fact of having to inform her friends she was soon moving away. 

Well, to the rest of her friends because the past weekend she had come clean with Seokmin. 

- What do you think? - she asked him in Underworld when they were away from the rest.

- I think is great. - he said. 

- Really? - 

- Yeah. I mean, you're following your dreams. That is great. -  

- I know. I just feel bad that I won't be seeing and talking with all of you and... -

- You do know phones exist, right? And there's also this thing called the internet that helps you talk to people living in another country.- Seokmin said and Eunwoo laughed. 

Of course, she knew it. She knew she could call them and video chat with them all the time. She was already planning coming over on vacations. She did know it was not the end of the world, but still, it was hard for her. 

- I'm so excited about this trip. I didn't really go on trips on my past schools. - Yeeun said to her.

It was the day of the trip to the haunted mountain. The students were at school, lining up to get on the school bus.

- We go every year. But this is going to be more fun for me. - Jungkook answered her and all those around them rolled their eyes. They could get a bit cheesy sometimes. 

- It will be fun. We have planned many activities. - Jiyeon said.

- Activities? But this trip is to relax. - Younghoon complained. The rest agreed with him. Eunwoo included.

She wanted to enjoy this trip. She wanted to spend time and have fun with her friends. Take memories of them. That's why she was taking her camera with her. 

- Those lovebirds are going to sit together so, should we sit together? - Seokmin asked as he stood behind her.

He talked loud enough and all their friends heard him so the teasing was expected. Eunwoo saw how Jaehyun, who was close but still at a certain distance, turned to them curiously before he looked away. Seokmin also noticed it and he hurried to speak. 

- Stop it. I don't mean it like that. We're just friends. - 

Eunwoo was about to reply to his request but Chaeyeon came forward.

- Actually, I'm going to sit with Eunwoo. Because of that thing you wanted to talk to me about. - she said as she linked arms with her. 

"What thing?" Eunwoo thought to herself. Chaeyeon couldn't have possibly discovered her secret. I mean, she was the little devil but she was not a mind-reader. 

- But I thought we'd sit together. - Jiyeon said confused.

- Oh, sorry. But now you can sit with Hyunggu. - Chaeyeon told her. 

- Uhm... but... I... - Hyunggu nervously started saying but he shut his mouth when he saw Jiyeon blushing. 

Eunwoo then understood what Chaeyeon tried to do and felt relieved for not having to confess of her moving just yet.

- Are we in kindergarten? Let's just sit wherever we want. - Minho said as he got on the bus followed by Jaehyun who didn't say anything.

On the bus, however, everyone ended up sitting where they said they would. 

Yeeun was seated next to Jungkook. Jaehyun was sitting with Younghoon. On the other hand, Seokmin was sitting with Minho. And Hyunggu did sit with Jiyeon.

- Eunwoo! Come with me. - Chaeyeon yelled at Eunwoo and she smiled pleased. 

An hour into their trip, the bus was filled with students voices laughing, talking, and some were even singing. For the first time, Eunwoo was the quietest. She was just observing everything, trying to memorize it. 

She saw Seokmin and Minho were laughing as they talked to two girls sitting beside them. Jaehyun was listening to music with his headphones on and Younghoon was playing a game on his phone. A game of teammates because it seemed Hojun was playing with him from his seat. 

Yeeun and Jungkook were sleeping with their heads resting on each other. Mr. Jeong was paying keen attention to them and all the other couples sitting together. Those couples included Hyunggu and Jiyeon. Though, Eunwoo knew they were not a couple. Well, at least she thought so. Then she saw Hyunggu looking at Chaeyeon and mouthing something to her. 

The girl just shrugged her shoulders as she smiled. Whatever they were saying, they could only understand it themselves. But it looked like he didn't really want to be seated next to Jiyeon. 

Eunwoo turned to Chaeyeon.

- Can I ask you something? - 

- Sure. - 

- Does Hyunggu like Jiyeon? -  

Jiyeon reminded Eunwoo a little bit of herself. She was following Hyunggu and everyone knew she had a crush on him. Yet the boy hadn't really shown a special interest in her. 

- Well... - Chaeyeon trailed off without replying and the way she got lost in her thoughts made Eunwoo asked her another question. 

- Do you like Hyunggu? - 

- What? No! Why does everyone keep asking that? - Chaeyeon answered. 

- I was just curious. - Eunwoo said. She didn't mean to upset her. 

- Okay, I'm also curious. Do you still like my brother? - 

Eunwoo turned to Jaehyun for a second and caught him staring at her. She smiled. 

- When did I not like him? - she responded. 

- Then, what are you waiting for? It's all about the timing, girl. - 

- Timing? - 

- Yeah. You could start liking someone else. Or Jaehyun could. You have to seize the day. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? - 

That's right. Who knows? Or in this case, who could have known weeks ago that Eunwoo's family would be moving away? Eunwoo certainly didn't. She thought she'd be there to see Jaehyun graduating and going to college and that later she'd graduate and go after him. Things really do change in a heartbeat.

When they arrived at the mountain, the view of the trees and the small town was the first thing that Eunwoo noticed. She bit her lips with excitement thinking about all the beautiful pictures she could take. 

- This doesn't look like a haunted place. - Yeeun said beside Eunwoo. 

- I know. - Minho said as everyone observed their surroundings. 

There was a resort right next to them and there were tables placed all around. There was even a basketball hoop, which Jaehyun was quick to notice. 

- After the incident with the hikers, more roads and signs were added as well as resting areas. It became a touristic place soon. - Younghoon explained. 

Before anyone could say more, Mr. Jeong called all the students and gathered them around. 

- Okay, it's time to set up the tents. I have prepared the teams already but you have to remember this isn't a race. It's not about who does it first or better. It's about teamwork and communication. It's about whether you want to sleep comfortably or not. - Mr. Jeong said and began to call the teams. 

He divided all the students into pairs, separating males and females. You'd have to set up the tent with your partner and do different types of chores with them. In other words, you'd have to spend some quality time with your partner. 

And that's precisely the reason Yeeun was surprised when she was teamed up with Baekhee. The two girls had not spoken to each other since the day the latter was malicious toward Yeeun. 

Eunwoo stayed in her place even after Mr. Jeong called her name because she wanted to see with whom Jaehyun would be paired up. And she wasn't disappointed. 

- Jung Jaehyun and Lee Seokmin. - Mr. Jeong said. He was quite the observer and he could tell when people didn't get along well. In this case, he had noticed Jaehyun and Seokmin were not talking to each other.   

Eunwoo, just like Chaeyeon and many others, had no bad blood with her classmates so she finished setting up her tent very fast and just took her camera ready to take pictures. She was happy the place didn't look haunted and that instead looked beautiful because it was perfect for her. 

She went from tent to tent capturing moments with her camera and she smiled pleased when

Please log in to read the full chapter