With... You

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The day after Jiyeon's party, Jungkook was standing in front of Jaehyun in his house. Chaeyeon was by his side, trying to get some sense into him. They were failing.

- Are you for real, Jaehyun? - Jungkook asked in a bitter tone. 

Jaehyun took his time to respond. He touched with his tongue the wound on his lips, courtesy by the guy he once thought was his friend. 

- I am. I'm not going to talk to Seokmin ever again. - he repeated his words and saw how his sister rolled her eyes annoyed. 

- Really? Are you really going to ruin a decade old friendship over a girl? Over a girl?  - Jungkook asked now even more bitter. 

- That's funny coming from you. Didn't you stop talking to your brother over a girl too? - Jaehyun asked back. 

- No... Yes... That was different. Younghoon and I fought over other issues as well. - 

- Well, we fought because of other issues just like you. - 

- What other issues? That Seokmin didn't tell you he liked Eunwoo? Are you mad about that? Be mad at me instead. I'm the one who knew you both liked her and I didn't say anything. - Jungkook said sounding hopeful. 

- Forget that, Jungkook. I told him I liked her. I did. And he still went behind my back and confessed to her first. - Jaehyun replied just as he remembered the events of the night before.

The party was about to be over when Jaehyun saw Eunwoo getting up and going to the garden alone. He stood up immediately to follow her and Seokmin did the same. That's when he took his friend by the arm to stop him. 

- Wait for a second. We will be leaving soon and I didn't have the chance to confess to her. You're not leaving us alone, are you doing it on purpose? - Jaehyun asked Seokmin teasingly. He had no idea at that moment. 

- What are you talking about? - Seokmin was confused.

- I told you I was going to do it tonight. I like Eunwoo and I want to make a proper confession. -  

- You're confessing to Eunwoo... - Seokmin said with a tone that Jaehyun didn't understand until later. He looked down while Jaehyun looked up to the sky.

- It is going to rain, though. I'll go for another soda before I go after Eunwoo. - he said as he walked the other way.

When he came back, Seokmin was gone. He then followed the green walls to find Eunwoo and he got to her just in time to listen to Seokmin's confession. 

He felt furious. He felt Seokmin could have told him the truth. That he had gone that night with the intention to confess to Eunwoo too but he didn't. Instead, he tried to beat him to it. Jaehyun felt betrayed. He felt cheated. He felt like his best friend stabbed him in the back. And he still felt like that. 

- He's a backstabber. And I won't forgive him for that. - Jaehyun said to Jungkook again shaking his head as he wanted to let those memories go. 

Jungkook just watched him in silence for a few minutes and when he realized Jaehyun was not changing his mind, he stood up to leave. 

- I can't choose between you two. You two are my best friends. I'm not going to stop talking to Seokmin. You know that, right? - he said and Jaehyun sighed. 

- I know. -  

Jungkook looked at Chaeyeon and then at Jaehyun one last time before he left. Chaeyeon then turned to her brother. She stared at him until Jaehyun couldn't hold it in anymore. 

- What? What are you going to say? - he asked. 

- What about Eunwoo? - she asked back. 

- What about her? - 

- She rejected you. I'm sure you're going to be uncomfortable with each other. Another ten-year-old friendship ruined. - 

- Eunwoo and I aren't friends. We've always been more than that. And I haven't given up on her yet. It's all Seokmin's fault. - Jaehyun replied with anger. 

- Are you kidding? I heard the story from you. I heard the story from Seokmin. It looks to me you were both at fault. And I'm actually on her side. I'm glad she blew you off. - Chaeyeon said and went to her bedroom singing a song about losers. 

Jaehyun stayed seated as he cursed his sister on his mind because she was right. Part of his anger came from the fact that he knew he was at fault. He knew Eunwoo's answer was because of what he said. He should've been more careful with his words because he ended up hurting Eunwoo. Again.

- What am I going to do with you, Eunwoo? - He said to himself as he looked at all the texts he had sent her that were left with no response. 

He stayed unmoving for a long while until he came to the conclusion that he needed to give her time. He needed to wait for her to come around. He knew that's what she'd do. She'd come back to him. He just needed to wait for her. 

... And we stop here for a second. 

The misunderstanding between Seokmin and Jaehyun could've been avoided had they been more honest with each other. It is true. You have to be careful with your words, spoken and unspoken. The timing, you know. Because you never know what will happen tomorrow.

So one month later...

Yes, we are skipping a whole month. And not because nothing relevant to the story happened, but because Eunwoo didn't talk to Jaehyun or Seokmin during this time. Until...

- See? This is the camera I want. - Eunwoo said to Yeeun as they both looked at the object being displayed on the electronic store. It was Sunday afternoon and they were at a mall, waiting for the boys to bring the tickets to the movie theater. 

- It's very... expensive. Did you see the price? - Yeeun asked with surprise.

- Yeah, I know. My parents would probably buy it If I asked them but I want to buy it myself. So I think I need to get a part-time job. - Eunwoo answered.

Eunwoo's parents were workaholics. The type of parents that worked hard for their kids to have everything they couldn't have. She was nowhere near as rich as Jungkook or her neighbors, but Eunwoo definitely lived comfortably and her parents bought her anything she wanted. 

- Mom pays me to deliver cakes around the neighborhood. I can pass that job to you. - Yeeun said. 

- You just want more time to spend with your boyfriend. - Eunwoo said and her friend blushed.

In case you forgot it, unlike Eunwoo who rejected two boys, Yeeun got together with Jungkook at Jiyeon's party so by that time it had been a month already since they started dating. 

- So you want to buy a professional camera. Does that mean you want to be a photographer? - Yeeun asked her and Eunwoo hesitated. She still hadn't told her about the university in Tokyo. And there was a reason for that. 

- We got the tickets. - said a voice behind Eunwoo. It was Jungkook, who went to Yeeun's side to put his arm around her and give her a ticket.

- Yeah, but the movie won't start until another half an hour. - Minho added as he gave one ticket to Eunwoo as well.
Most of the times, Yeeun and Jungkook went on dates just the two of them. But every now and then, Yeeun would bring Eunwoo along and since Jungkook couldn't bring Jaehyun nor Seokmin, he

Please log in to read the full chapter