Don't Talk.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the initial shock, classes started and all the teachers refused to discuss the incident. It didn't stop the students, who would find an opportunity to keep talking about it. Except for Yeeun. She was not up to date with the rumors circulating the school grounds, she would always be more focused on her studies and her books. That day, however, she spent most of the classes with her mind elsewhere. 

She could still feel a strong gaze, she could feel Jungkook looking at her, and every time she looked back there he was, staring at her. 

Lunchtime was not so different from classes, everywhere she turned people were talking about the incident. And it made her nervous. 

- Why is everyone so curious about it? It seems nobody else has nothing more to say. - She said in an annoyed voice. 

- Can you blame them? This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened here. -  Eunwoo replied not realizing what bothered Yeeun and kept talking.

- They're wondering if it's true if Mr. Kim actually sold the answers of the exam to Jeongmin. They're wondering who took the pictures. Then you have the comment online which was by Kino and... You know who Kino is, right? - 

After not getting a response from her friend Eunwoo continued. 

- Anyway, they're also wondering who exposed the pictures. They're wondering if it was a set-up... - 

- A set-up? - she interrupted Eunwoo when the words caught her attention.  

- Yes, well, with Jeongmin's perfect score out of the way, all of our scores are ranked one place higher. You're now in the top twenty, Hyunggu is number 1, Jaehyun is in the top 5, and I made it to the top 100. - Eunwoo claimed in a happy voice for the upgraded score but Yeeun only grabbed her phone to verify her statement. 

She logged in to the Sevit High' page and looked for the list of the results of the past exam. Sure enough, Eunwoo's name was now listed as she managed to be in the top 100, and Yeeun was in the top twenty.

Kang Hyunggu was number one.

Hold on for a moment. I will tell you about Kang Hyunggu. He was another classmate of Yeeun and Eunwoo. He was ranked first in their class and number two overall, always one place below Jeongmin before that incident. He was a quiet boy. He had no friends and didn't talk to anybody.  

Yeeun looked for Jungkook's name and at first, she didn't find him until she spotted his named listed in rank twenty-five, just five places below her. She never noticed he was actually a student with good grades, she assumed he was a lousy one. 

A set-up. "Was that what Jungkook did?", Yeeun wondered to herself. Was that the reason he seemed to be warning her with those looks? 

Yeeun knew something was happening but wasn't sure just yet. It still made her nervous, especially when she saw him paying keen attention to everything she did when she left the cafeteria. 

After class, Yeeun wanted to go home right away but Eunwoo stopped her. 

Please log in to read the full chapter