Pictures.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Did you have fun? - 

Eunwoo barely heard Seokmin's question. She was still confused by Jaehyun's expression and she found herself looking his way without thinking. He wasn't looking at her anymore. He was sitting at the table quietly. Then he turned his eyes to her and she diverted her gaze to see that Minho had come to talk to them. 

- How was the game? - she blurted out to not appear as absentminded as she was but she instantly regretted it. She had been trying not to think about that and it was the first thing she said. 

- We lost. - Minho replied.  

- Are you serious? - Seokmin asked surprised. She was, as well. 

- Yeah. You saw how Jae... wait, you didn't see it. You weren't there. - Minho said to Eunwoo, realizing she didn't go to the game. 

She smiled awkwardly at that. Then she understood it. It made sense. Jaehyun was sad because he lost a game for the first time in his life. And there she was wondering for a moment if he was sad she wasn't there for him like the other times. She felt stupid. 

She turned to Seokmin to tell him she did have fun and it was true. She had fun and decided she could go next week to distract herself again. She told Yeeun about it as the girl was staying in her house for the night. 

She didn't tell her the real reason because even though it didn't erase her thoughts of Jaehyun completely, it did help a little. She had this on her mind for the whole night and for the next morning when she went with Yeeun to the bus stop.  

- If you don't want to wait until next week to distract yourself, you can read a book. - Yeeun said to her before she got on the bus. 

"Yeah, right". It's not that Eunwoo didn't like reading... well, she didn't really like it. She had to for school but she was the type to get distracted easily and loved to have noise around her. She didn't like how quiet it could get when she was reading so it was not her thing.

What she needed at that moment was to have something sweet. She wanted to go to the store but hesitated because she knew Jaehyun would be at the park practicing. She ultimately went to buy candies as she also knew the boy would take hours before coming home. 

She was wrong. She saw him coming and she stopped short. She didn't know what to do but it was too late to run. He came to her with his same smile. As if nothing had happened. Because it didn't for him. She knew it from his confusion. It was time to tell him. 

- I'm not dumb, Jaehyun. I've always known you didn't feel the same way I do. But, I thought at least I was your friend. - 

He didn't say anything. No matter what she said, he didn't say a thing.

- I'm sorry I didn't keep the promise. I will from now on. - 

He didn't say anything. Not when she was about to break. Not when she walked away and left him behind. And Eunwoo had to go home crying. She had to go to her room in a rush so her parents wouldn't see her tears. 

Eunwoo sat on the floor trying to calm herself as she stared at the city through her window. It became quiet. She wanted to do something to distract herself. She needed it. She turned to her drawer where she saw the instant camera her father gave to her. 

She grabbed it and took a picture of nothing. She just took a picture but she liked the noise it made. The shutter. She took several pictures and left them on the floor until one of them got her attention. 

It felt like two images in one. It was a picture with the beautiful yellow light of the sun and blue sky at the top while the bottom showed the dark street. The buildings were shadowing the streets and even if there was light, it was a contrast to the bright yellow. It was pretty. But maybe she needed to shoot it at a different angle to make it have more light. 

So she stood up and took more pictures. She got on her bed and even laid on the floor. She then went to her parents' bedroom but the view from their window was of another street. She still took pictures. She went to the living room and shot some more. Until she left a trace of scattered pictures all over the floor. 

Until she realized the scenery was changing colors because the sun was setting. She had spent almost the entire day doing that. Without thinking. She got distracted and she didn't think in her pain. 

"The pictures work." She said to herself with a slight smile. She found her distraction. 

So the next morning she took the camera with her to school. She knew she was going to need it there. What she didn't know was that Yeeun was going to tell her she had kissed Jungkook but she sure had a great time laughing about that. She wanted to know why Yeeun kissed Jungkook and the answer of getting back at Baekhee was not enough. Even if her friend said it was better than to punch the girl, she wasn't convinced.

- That doesn't answer my question. Yeeun, do you think that maybe you had another motive? Don't you think that maybe you wanted to kiss him? - Eunwoo asked Yeeun. 

Let's remember that Eunwoo already knew of Jungkook's feelings. 

- What? No, of course not. - Yeeun replied. 

"Okay, that is a lie".

- Okay, if that's what you say. - Eunwoo said instead and grabbed her camera. - Smile for the camera, Yeeun. - 

- What are you doing? - Yeeun asked. 

Eunwoo told her the story of her dad using the camera as his hobby and that she was now going to do it from that moment on. She was going to take pictures of their school days to make an album. 
And the proof of Yeeun's first kiss was the pictures she took on Monday. 

On Tuesday Eunwoo took more pictures at school, particularly of Seokmin who spent most of the day with her. At lunchtime, they were both alone and he was helping her arrange the pictures she had ready for the album. 

- I can already make one with all the pictures I took from yesterday to now. I should say my Dad is going to be mad, but that's not the case. He'll be happy. - 

- Do you get along with your father? I heard some don't at this age. - Seokmin replied and Eunwoo turned to see him. She knew Seokmin came from a single-parent home and the fact that his surname was the same as his mother's indicated the father was never part of their lives. She didn't say anything about that and changed the topic. She brought up Underworld. 

- I told you it was great. And I also wanted to thank you. If it wasn't for you, I would have made tons of mistakes. - 

- Don't say that. You're talented. - Eunwoo told him and he smiled. 

- No, I'm serious. I always said and acted as if I'd do amazing but at the moment of truth, I just became very nervous and ruined it. Thanks to you I didn't this time. - 

- You just needed to be reminded that you could do it. I told you, if you believe you're the best, it'll be true. - 

- Yeah. - Seokmin answered with his eyes set on Eunwoo. She wasn't looking at him, she was looking at the pictures. 

- How about believing your wish to come true. Do you think it also works? - he asked. 

Eunwoo looked at the picture she was holding as she was thinking in what Seokmin asked. It was Yeeun's first kiss picture. She remembered her own wish, the one from her past and the one she recently made. It was probably not going to come true now. Ever. She was going to say that but she saw Seokmin's expression and couldn't be cruel. 

- Yes, sure. It can also happen. - 

- Then take another picture of me as I make a wish. - Seokmin said and put his hands together while he closed his eyes. 

Eunwoo took his picture and stared at it for a moment before she spoke aloud what she was thinking. 

- You know you could be a model. You're quite handsome. - 

- What? - 

Eunwoo looked at Seokmin when she heard how embarrassed he sounded and saw he was completely red which made her smile. 

- Why are you blushing? Hasn't anyone tell you that you're handsome? - 

- Of course! - Seokmin shouted. - I've had two girlfriends who've told me I'm handsome... when I was in middle school.- 

Please log in to read the full chapter