There's Always A First Time.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunwoo cried herself to sleep on Friday and on Saturday. The sad truth of not being Jaehyun's friend was hard to overcome. Sunday was more difficult because usually, she would go out early to accompany Jaehyun go to the park to practice. But she didn't want to go.

That day she stayed at her house. She overheard the conversation her parents had with Jeongmin's mother and how they would settle his attack on her, so they misunderstood the reason of her sadness and her dad came to her to give her his old camera. 

- Taking pictures was my way to feel better. When you're feeling sad, it could help you. -

But Eunwoo just put the camera in her room. Maybe someday she'll use it. Not that day. 
Since she was still feeling down, her mother decided to take her shopping and she invited Yeeun to go along. Although her friend noticed immediately there was something wrong and asked her directly. She lied saying she was getting sick and wished there could be a distraction to stop Yeeun of asking furthermore.

The distraction came in the form of Jungkook and it all complicated from there as Yeeun ended up going with him and his family. Eunwoo was a bit relieved but she knew the next day at school there won't be any way out and she was right. At lunchtime, Yeeun asked again. 

- Okay. I can't keep seeing you like this. Something happened to you, right? - 

Eunwoo had been crying all weekend and even before she started to explain, she cried again.

 - On Friday, I heard Jaehyun said to the team that I'm not his friend. After all these years of knowing each other, he doesn't think of me as his friend. He just said I'm a girl he knows. - Eunwoo said.

- What? Did he really say that? I can't believe it. - Yeeun sounded mad. And she had reason to be.  

- It's my fault, actually. - she answered as she thought she shouldn't have taken for granted their relation but Yeeun disagreed. 

- No, it's not. It's Jaehyun's, he's just... a moron. I don't even know how you like him in the first place. - 

She was trying to make her feel better and Eunwoo knew it but she couldn't stop the tears so Yeeun offered to bring her a drink to calm her. 

When Eunwoo was alone, she caught a glimpse of Jaehyun walking with Chaeyeon to the library and she bent down to hide. She still couldn't face him. But she hated that a part of her heart was excited to see him as she hadn't seen him for three days while the other part of her heart was still broken. If she continued to see him, she was just going to forget he said those hurtful words and she wasn't ready. 

After Yeeun returned, she let her know she didn't want to go to the practice and cafeteria anymore. And although it was difficult, she kept her word and didn't see Jaehyun for the next week. But the hard part wasn't over because it was Friday and Jaehyun's game would be the next day. She needed strength to not go. 

Eunwoo was walking home when a familiar voice called out to her. She let him catch up to her. 

- Hey. - Seokmin said as he walked beside her

- Hey. - she said back absentminded. 

- Is it me or you banished for an entire week? - 

- Yeah... I was studying. - she said. She didn't care if he believed her or not. She just kept going. Seokmin nodded and walked along as he asked her a question. A random question.

-  So... your friend Yeeun likes Younghoon, right? - 

She didn't reply. 

-  Do you think she would like someone else? Perhaps, someone from our class? - 

- I don't know. Maybe. - Eunwoo answered. 

- What is her type? - he asked again and this time, she looked at him. 

- Why are you asking? - 

- I'm just curious. - He was lying. His lips trembled. 

Eunwoo was about to ask if he wanted to know because he liked Yeeun but had another thought. 

- Are you asking because Jungkook likes her? - 

- Who said anything about him? I'm really just curious... - Seokmin shut his mouth when Eunwoo moved closer to him to take a good look at his lips. His face became red. 

- He does like her! - Eunwoo exclaimed after remembering all the times Jungkook stared at Yeeun and how he told Jeongmin she was his girlfriend to protect her. 

- Please, don't tell Yeeun. It's supposed to be a secret. - Seokmin pleaded with her and she nodded. 

- Anyways, now that you know you may be able to do me a favor. Tomorrow night we will be going to Underworld. Do you know what that is? - 

- I've heard about it but I've never been there. - 

- It's awesome. You can go there to have dance competitions or singing competitions. There's also a night of amateur Dj's and, I don't mean to brag, but I'm the best at that. - Seokmin said as his lips trembled and Eunwoo knew it was a lie but didn't say anything. - And, I think you and Yeeun should go. - he fini

Please log in to read the full chapter