The Second Story.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- So that's the end of the first story and... - 

- Wait, is that really how that ends? -  a classmate asks me. I see her frown and I just nod my head. 

- Yes, it is. - I reply. 

- That can't be the ending. I'm sure they are your parents. - says another classmate and some of them agree to it. Sera even adds. 

- Yes, I'm also sure about it. You love reading and so did "Yeeun". And, aren't you wealthy? I think your father is the CEO of a big company. - 

More classmates agree to that and I roll my eyes. Do they even know me? 

- Look, I told you there will be fake stories. You need to let me get all the way to the end for you to see which are the fake stories. But, if you think they are my parents then let's leave it like that and I'll go sit now... - 

- Not so fast, young lady. - Mrs. Yoon stops me from moving and makes me stand in front again. - I disagree with your classmates. I don't think "Jungkook and Yeeun" are your parents. - she tells me. 

- I don't think so, either. - 

My classmates turn to Miyeon once they hear her. They notice what I did the whole time I told the story. She took notes to it and made a list of the possibilities of Yeeun and Jungkook being my parents. 

- What are you talking about? It's very obvious. - Sera says again. 

- No, it isn't. Sowon is wealthy, you're right about that. But you can be wealthy without being the child of a CEO. And Sowon likes reading horror novels, which are far from the type of books "Yeeun" liked. - 

Now that Miyeon has given her two cents, the rest of my classmates have second thoughts about it and turn to me to listen more. Mrs. Yoon asks me to continue. 

- Alright. Let's start the second story. This one is about the person closest to Yeeun. But for this story, we have to backtrack even more... 

The girl was seven years old when her parents took a job at an insurance company where they began to earn a lot of money. They moved to a fancy new building and even though there was a park nearby where the girl could play, she hated that there weren't a lot of kids her age around her. 

That day, in particular, she hated it even more because it was pouring raining and she couldn't go out to play.  Then she heard noises of a bouncing ball coming from the story below hers. She came down and saw there were new people moving and a boy her age was playing basketball with an improvised basket right in the middle of the hallway. 

She sat on the stairs to watch him play. He wasn't very good. He always missed the shots and turned to see her every time. She smiled at him but the boy didn't until he took one last shot and the ball went in. 

He shouted happily and turned to his audience, the little girl eating the candy who was smiling at him. That time, he smiled back. And the girl stood up to go to him. She offered him some of the candy she was eat

Please log in to read the full chapter