Daydream.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was over and it didn't even begin... yeah, right. This isn't a sad movie or drama, it's not a tragic story. 

Yeeun stayed crying there for about five minutes and then she stood up all composed. What she had gone through in the past made her a strong person and was not prone to cry or pity herself that much. 
She was not prone to let misunderstandings getting in her way either. She decided then things would not stay like that. 

- Are you ready for tonight? - she heard Eunwoo saying behind her. 

She turned around and saw her friend with Seokmin and told them everything. 

- Was that what you were doing with Jungkook? - Seokmin asked the same question Chaeyeon asked and she replied no. 

- You need to tell him the truth. - Eunwoo said and Yeeun nodded. 

- And I need to know what he meant about last year. I'm missing some part of the story, am I not? - Yeeun questioned Seokmin and the boy just smiled nervously. So did Eunwoo. 

The both of them knew, only Yeeun didn't. Now what Jungkook had told her of being oblivious to her surroundings sounded different. She wanted to call him but she never really cared about her phone and it had run out of battery. Seokmin tried to call him but the call went unanswered. 

- I know Jungkook. Even if he's angry, he'll go to the party. Wait for him there. - Seokmin lastly said and Yeeun went home. 

The moment she opened the door she heard her mother speaking on the phone.

- I'm telling you, she has friends now. Friends, plural. She was invited to a party and she goes out every Saturday. She looks a lot happier, as well. Our girl is happy. - her mother said and Yeeun knew she was talking to her father. 

She heard them talking for a while and they didn't fight. It's not like they fought all the time, but there was a reason why they separated and that was their different opinions and choices in life. It was nice to hear them have a friendly conversation. Even if it was about her. 

She headed to her room where she found a pretty pink dress hanging on her closet's door. Her mother bought it for her for the party. She started getting ready with the same excitement she had before. She had planned to confess to Jungkook that night and in spite of what had happened, she was going to do it. It didn't matter if he rejected her. She needed to tell him. There was so much she wanted to tell him and so much she needed to ask him. 

The part she missed. What she had been oblivious to. 

Jiyeon's house was just like Jungkook's. It was big with an enormous garden that was decorated with beautiful lights shining in the dark night. There were a lot of people already there when Yeeun arrived, including Eunwoo. 

- Is Jungkook here? - Yeeun asked her friend but the answer was negative. 

She saw Jaehyun and his sister Chaeyeon near Jiyeon and her parents. Hyunggu was also there, just like Minho and many others from their school. Younghoon was not present. When Seokmin looked at her she knew the boy had not managed to talk to Jungkook yet. 

- I don't think he's coming. - she said to Eunwoo with a sigh. 

- He is. Seokmin said so. Wait a little more. - 

And so Yeeun waited. She waited for an hour and then for two more. She talked to people there. She ate and hanged out with her friends. Friends, plural, like her mother, said. 

She waited. 

In the middle of the party, after talking with Jiyeon for a while, Hyunggu appeared in front of her with Chaeyeon by his side. 

- Wait for a second, Yeeun. Chaeyeon has something to say to you. - he said as he moved Chaeyeon closer. 

The girl stared at Yeeun for a few seconds and then her eyes looked at different places except her.

- I... I... I just wanted to say that I'm... I am sorry for what I said to you earlier. And I'm sorry Jungkook got mad at you because of me. - Chaeyeon said without making eye contact with her. 

She saw how she was clenching her fists and realized it had been difficult for her to say it. Then Hyunggu motioned at her to respond. 

- It's okay. Don't worry about it. But thank you for apologizing. - Yeeun replied and Chaeyeon smiled briefly before she left with Hyunggu behind her. 

- See? That wasn't so hard. - she heard him saying.

- What was that about? - she asked Eunwoo but the girl just shrugged her shoulders.

- You missed something even weirder before you got here. I'll tell you about it later. -  

Yeeun continued to wait. 

Close to midnight, she was entirely convinced Jungkook was not coming. The party was ending, people were leaving and she could see the dark clouds covering the sky. It was about to rain. She had to go. 

She didn't see Eunwoo anywhere close or Jaehyun. Or Seokmin. 

Eunwoo had said something about going to the garden but Yeeun didn't know if she went with one of the two. Maybe she was with both. 

- I need to find my brother before it starts raining. - Chaeyeon said and walked away.  

So Yeeun went to say farewell to Jiyeon and her parents who had been so nice to her. Near the entrance, however, she saw Younghoon. 

- I didn't see you early, I thought you didn't come. - Yeeun said to him. 

- Are you leaving already? - he asked with an anxious voice as he looked at his watch. 

She stayed in silence biting her lips and thought that if that night she was planning to be honest and tell the whole truth, then she needed to start with him. 

- Younghoon, there was a time I liked you. Or I thought I did. I used to have a crush on you but I don't anymore. Now I like somebody else. - Yeeun said staring at him with confidence. 

Younghoon was shocked at first but he laughed it off. 

- That makes a lot of sense. - he replied. 

- Huh? - 

- Are you really leaving? - He asked again. Yeeun's confession meant nothing to him and even though for Yeeun felt good coming clean, it was also nothing.  

- Yes. I was waiting for Jungkook but he didn't show up. - she added and the boy looked at his watch again. 

- But... Did you see the fountain? You can't leave without seeing the fountain. I will take you there. -  

Yeeun was taken to the back part of the house where the garden was surrounding everything with beautiful flowers and right in the middle, there was a fountain. 

- I told you. - Younghoon said and Yeeun got closer to it. When she turned around he was gone and she was alone. 

She stared at the water that was bright from the lights and thought the place was perfect for a confession. She looked at her side and pictured Jungkook there. She pictured how that night could have been if things were different. 

She had in her mind everything she had wanted to say to him. Word by word. So she pictured herself saying it to him. She pictured his response. Him touching her cheek and asking:

- Were you waiting for me? - 

Please log in to read the full chapter