Anything Is Possible.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Who was that boy? - 

Yeeun barely heard the question Yewon asked her when she returned to the house. She was stunned by what Jungkook said to her. He called her pretty. It was the first time someone called her that. Yeeun did think herself to be pretty but it was nice to hear it from somebody else. 

Especially if it was from Jungkook. 

- Who was that boy? Is he the one Eunwoo and you talk about all the time? - Yewon asked again and Yeeun looked at her sister with a big smile that freaked Yewon out. 

- Nope. - she replied as she went to her favorite place to read her book. She picked the one Jungkook brought to her and read a few lines before her mind wandered off to other thoughts. 

She looked at the picture on the shelf when her phone rang. It was Eunwoo calling her. 

- So, are we really going tomorrow to Underworld or not? Because I really want to go. - her friend said and Yeeun hesitated about telling her what happened that night. 

- Yes, we are. - she only said. She decided to tell her in person later. 

- Perfect! I even bought a new outfit. - Eunwoo exclaimed in excitement. 

- Huh? A new outfit? Why? - 

- If I'm going to be dancing in the booth again, I want to look good. - 

Eunwoo's giggling made Yeeun laugh as for the past two weeks her friend had been a little down and she knew to go to the club to dance had been something that sparked Eunwoo's old personality. Her new hobby of taking pictures was also working. 

Yeeun's eyes went back to the picture and recalled what Jungkook told her. Despite her saying she looked weird, she did like her haircut. It was her way of starting over. But, for some reason, she started to have a feeling a new start was also happening at that time. A new beginning of her life. She didn't know exactly why she felt like that but the urge was there. 

An idea appeared in her head. 

- Eunwoo, how about we...? - 

Saturday evening Yeeun headed to Eunwoo's place one more time to go to Underworld. She walked carefully and slow with her new shoes, not because she didn't know how to walk with high heels but because she liked to hear the noise they made on the wood. 

She knocked on Eunwoo's door and automatically smiled when her friend opened the door. 

- Surprise! - She yelled but she was the one left like that once she saw Eunwoo. 

Her friend was wearing an off-the-shoulder black crop top with high waisted jeans and high heels. Her hair was a bit longer and wavy but it was the color that stood out the most since it was pink with a mix of blond. 

- Yeeun, you cut your hair! - Eunwoo said back as she also took in the look of her best friend. 

Yeeun was wearing black shorts with a plain white shirt and a leather jacket. She looked taller with her black high heel boots that matched the color of Yeeun's new bob cut. 

- I did. Do you like it? - Yeeun asked smiling to which Eunwoo nodded. - Are you ready to go? - 

The two girls left to the club with the excitement of another fun night ahead of them. Underworld just like them looked different that night. There were more people getting in than before and inside it was practically full. There were a lot of students from their school who turned to see them as they entered. Yeeun could recognize them but her eyes searched immediately for Jungkook. 

She found him standing by the bar next to Seokmin. He was giving them his back so he didn't see them coming in and she bit her lips in anticipation. 

They got to where the boys were and Seokmin was the first to notice them as he broke into one of his signature smiles. 

- Wow! girls... you look so pretty. - 

Jungkook was drinking from his soda when he heard Seokmin and turned around just to spit his drink in shock. He was coughing, he almost choked and Seokmin had to pat him on the back.

Yeeun struggled to hide her happiness. She knew that reaction was because of how she looked and it felt amazing.   

- They look so pretty. Right, Jungkook? - Seokmin asked but Jungkook couldn't even say a word. He just stared at Yeeun and slowly nodded with his head. 

- We do look so pretty, don't we? - Eunwoo said happy and then proceeded to go with Seokmin to the booth leaving Yeeun alone with Jungkook. 

There was silence for a few minutes as Jungkook still couldn't manage to say anything. He couldn't take his eyes off Yeeun and she couldn't stop smiling because of it. Then she saw behind him more students from their school sitting at one table. Though those were students she did know. 
Jaehyun, Chaeyeon, Younghoon, and Jiyeon. 

Younghoon turned to see her and waved at her upon spotting her. He indicated the empty space left and invited her to sit there. For a moment, Yeeun didn't want to go. And the reason was that she felt worried about Jungkook being near Chaeyeon. 

She got rid of those thoughts and remembered the whole purpose of them pretending to date. Not only for Jungkook to gain Chaeyeon's attention but to help him be friends with his brother again. So Yeeun told Jungkook to sit with them but the boy declined. 

- Seokmin is about to start. Let's go to the dance floor instead. - Jungkook said after taking one glance behind him and seeing Younghoon there. 

He knew he was being selfish by not wanting her to be close to him but he felt he made progress and he was not ready to let things fall apart. Jungkook looked at Yeeun's hand and with hesitation brushed his hand with hers. A moment later he took her hand in his and led her to the dance floor.   

Yeeun bit her lips and thanked the music was loud so it meant Jungkook was not hearing how fast her heart was beating. People were dancing around them but she was just focused on the way Jungkook was holding her hand. 

"What is wrong with you, Yeeun? Pull yourself together." She said in her mind and took a deep breath to calm herself. Then both of them stood there seeing Seokmin getting ready for his turn and Yeeun realized Jungkook was mumbling. 

- Come on, Seokmin. You got this. No more mistakes. - She heard him say as she looked at Seokmin and smiled. She nudged Jungkook and told him to be at ease.

- I don't think he's going to make more mistakes. - she said to him in a teasing manner. 

- Oh, so you've noticed it, too. - 

- Of course. He's very obvious about it. - Yeeun commented after observing carefully for days Seokmin's behavior towards Eunwoo. 

- I need to be more obvious, then. - 

- Huh? - 

- I said, do you think Eunwoo might someday feel the same for him, or do you think she still has feelings for Jaehyun? - Jungkook ended up asking but Yeeun took her time to reply. 

She was sure she heard him say something entirely different. What did he mean by that? Why did he say he needed to be more obvious?

- Well... - Yeeun looked at her friend and sighed. She knew to which direction Eunwoo's eyes went for a brief second at a certain table behind them. She shrunk her shoulders. - Who knows? Anything is possible. - 

"Anything is possible". Jungkook took these words and wished it would apply to him as well as Seokmin began to play. 
The two started to dance and once again Seokmin was doing so well it attracted more people. The place was full, everyone was dancing and jumping. Yeeun was having so much fun and it continued to be like that even after another DJ started playing. Seokmin and Eunwoo joined Yeeun and Jungkook, soon making the rest of their friends to form a circle where everybody danced. 

Yeeun liked how Younghoon hyped Jungkook when he danced and Jungkook also clapped for Younghoon when it was his turn. They still didn't talk to each other. They were taking their time to be back on good terms. Slowly, but it was happening. 

Another thing Yeeun liked was the choreography Jaehyun, Chaeyeon, Seokmin, and Jungkook did that apparently learned years ago. It was the first time she fully understood their friendship went back to when they were kids. 

Around ten o'clock, Yeeun asked Eunwoo to go to the restroom so they could take time off as they were about to leave. Yeeun was in one of the stalls when she heard two girls coming in. Chaeyeon and Jiyeon.

- Are you sure you can't make it? It'll be fun to watch a movie tonight. - Jiyeon asked. 

- No, I'm sorry. I have this business to attend. I'll go to your party next week. - Chaeyeon replied. - Just go with Jaehyun tonight. He got you a present. - 

- I was going to ask Seokmin and Jungkook but I think they're both busy. Speaking of which, this is the second time that the girl named Yeeun came with Jungkook. It must be true they're dating. - 

Yeeun tried to put her ear close to the door to listen better once her name was mentioned. She wanted to know what would be Chaeyeon's reaction to that but the girl just laughed out loud. Not in a mockery tone. She just seemed to find it funny. 

- I don't know what's going on there but I do know Jungkook like the palm of my hand. And trust me, they're not dating.- 

The girls left shortly after but Yeeun didn't move. She stayed in there until she heard water running in the sink. She got out of the stall to find Eunwoo washing her face. A bit of her makeup came off but Yeeun knew she was trying to hide tears. She felt like crying, too. She didn't know why. 

Outside the club, the boys were waiting for them and Jungkook noticed right away the somber expression on Yeeun's face. He asked if there was something wrong. 

- People don't believ

Please log in to read the full chapter