Tell A Story.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The woman ran in the dark night to hide from the beast coming at her. She was limping and could barely move but kept on going. She could see a house in the distance, she could hide in there. But she could still hear the beast approaching her. It was so close to her... it was about to catch her... it was coming...
 

- Sowon. - 
 

- Here, Sowon. - I reply as I stand up.  
 

It was an automatic response and the laughter from my classmates brings me back to reality and out of the fantasy world of the book I was reading. I turn to the front to face Mrs. Yoon who is staring at me and waiting for my answer. 
 

- Yes, Mrs. Yoon? - 
 

- I said it's your turn, Sowon. - she tells me and I realize Miyeon finished her story earlier than she was supposed to. "I'm sorry", she mouths at me as  I look down at the blank paper on my desk. 
 

I didn't do the assignment for this month because I didn't like the subject. Every month Mrs. Yoon would leave us the task to tell a story to the whole class. A story from a book we read, a tv show we like, movies or even stories we've heard. It's for the purpose of giving us the confidence to speak in public.  
 

I'm good at telling stories and usually, I would be excited for my turn but not this time.  
 

- Alright, Sowon, are you ready to start your story? - 
 

- I... - 
 

I nervously nod with my head. Okay, she wants a story and I'll give her one.  
 

- So it starts when a woman is being chased and... - 
 

- No, no, no, no. Nothing from your supernatural novels. Remember the subject for this month. - Mrs. Yoon tells me and I look at the board where the words "Love" are written down. This month's subject was Love and I hate it. 
I'm seventeen years old, but I don't know anything about love. I don't even like watching romantic movies or listen to love songs. 
 

- I'm sorry, Mrs. Yoon but I don't think I can participate this month. I don't know anything about love. - I reply. 
 

- It's not that hard, Sowon. Just tell us anything. -   
 

Well, If I have to... 
 

- There's this one story that I know but is going to be very boring and... 
 

A thought comes to my head and a big smile spreads across my face when I turn to the teacher. 
 

- I am ready now, Mrs. Yoon. But, maybe we can make it more interesting since the love thing isn't something I'm interested in yet.  - 
 

- What do you mean? I said no to your ghost stories. - Mrs. Yoon says to me firmly.
 

- No. I will tell you the story of how my parents met. But I will tell you three stories instead of just one. And from these stories at the end, you will have to tell me who you think my parents are and which of the other stories were fake. - 
 

I smirk in satisfaction when my classmates whisper to each other.
 

- How are we going to guess? - Sera, my classmate asks. 
 

- I will make it easy for you to guess. Trust me. I'll just change the names of my parents and their friends. - 
 

After they agree to give it a try, Mrs. Yoon nods her head in approval and tells me to proceed. 
 

- Okay, first of all, I want to say that I've heard this story my whole life and I still don't understand. It d

Please log in to read the full chapter