Two – Bump into Each Other

You're the One for Me (Side Story 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were Bumping into Each Other All the Time (Robert Sterling)

 

Soojung took a deep breath when she finally entered the auditorium SKKU without bumping into Minhyuk. She just needed to be careful when she went out of this campus after the seminar ended.

She tried to forget what had happened last night. But she would always turn red again if she remembered what she did to Minhyuk.

She refused to conclude that she has a crush on him already. She just felt so embarrassed towards him. She was too desperate that night to show Jongin that she didn't love him anymore. And he was just unlucky to be caught by her right away. She just did what her mind told her to do at that time. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, her heart had not healed yet.

Leaving Jongin might be her decision, while Jongin refused to break up with her. But it didn't mean that she didn't get hurt too. She loved him, but she knew that she couldn't be with him. She felt so guilty that her love was not big enough to stay by his side. But she was sure that it was for the best.

Jongin's engagement news broke her heart. She felt so pathetic because she still felt the pain even though it was her decision. And meeting him again that night, almost made her crazy.

Jongin might be engaged with Jennie. But he was forced by his mother to do that. Soojung knew it so well. Mrs Choi, Jongin's mother, would do everything to make sure Jongin, as the heir apparent of Sowon Hospital, got all the best of his life. And Jennie was the best choice for him and his family since she was the heiress of Haebaragi Hospital.

But then the MC started speaking, indicating the seminar was started. Soojung tried to focus on that event after that. She shouldn't waste her time to think about anything else.

Right in the afternoon, the seminar was ended. She chose to get out right away and mingle with the crowded.

This is so upsetting, jinjja...she nagged at herself inwardly because she really looked like a fugitive who tried not to be caught. She promised herself for thinking twice before doing something crazy in the future.

But when she was on the way to parking lot, she saw the crowd. People gathered to see something. And when Soojung walked closer, she couldn't help to squeal. It was so fortunate that she covered right away because she would take people attention if she didn't do that.

She couldn't believe what she saw. Jongin was there with Minhyuk. The way they stood, it seemed that Jongin came all the way to SKKU to confront Minhyuk.

He is crazy...Soojung shouted inwardly as she bit her thumb nervously.

"Who is he?" She could hear a girl who had long hair in front of her ask a curly girl in her right side.

"I don't know but it seems that Kang Gyo-soo gets into the trouble," the curly girl replied calmly.

"What do you mean?" The long-haired girl asked further.

But then Soojung heard Jongin started to ask, "Who are you? What is your relationship with Soojung?"

M - mwo? Soojung was so surprised by what she had heard. But she was worried about what Minhyuk would say after this.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you. So, it's understandable if I say that my relationship with her is not your business, right?" replied Minhyuk simply.

"Ahh, geuraeyo. It's because I don't remember she has a friend like you. I've asked all her friends and they don't know you either. So, it's confirmed then. You're not her boyfriend." Jongin said calmly, suddenly looked so relieved.

Soojung heart started pounding crazily. She was so nervous about what Minhyuk would say again.

Deep inside her heart, she hoped Minhyuk wouldn't tell Jongin what their real relationship was. Jongin wouldn't give up if he knew that Minhyuk was not her real boyfriend. But she was afraid, Minhyuk would get into trouble if he was still involved with her.

But then she saw Minhyuk was chuckling. "You can think whatever you want if it makes you feel content. I don't care about your thought about us." Minhyuk said that as he started walking away. But then...

"Omo...omo..." people gasped in horror when Jongin stopped Minhyuk harshly. He looked so angry, while Minhyuk looked so pissed with what he did.

"I haven't finished yet, Kang Minhyuk-ssi." Jongin emphasized every word while saying that.

God! Ottokeee? She knew that she should stop them before they got into a real fight. But if people knew that they were talking about her, a student from another university, she was afraid Minhyuk will get into another problem with SKKU. He was still a respectable lecturer in that university.

"Look, I've tried to be patient. But I won't stay still if you keep wasting my time like this." Minhyuk started threatening him.

No - no - no...Soojung became more panicked. She should do something. And then she suddenly...ran away.

Jongin walked closer until their face was just several inches apart, confronting Minhyuk more.

"Really? I'm also curious what will you do if I..."

Jongin's phone rang out of sudden. He looked upset because of that sudden interruption. But it kept on ringing. So he didn't have any choice and answered it right away without looking at the monitor since he was still looking at Minhyuk closely.

"Yahh! Neo micheoso?" It was Soojung who called him. She ran away from the crowd so she could call him without everyone knew. "Stop it and go right away, Oppa. Or I swear you won't ever meet me again after this." She threatened him as she was trembling in anger.

"Soojung-ahh..."

"Go - away - right - now, Oppa." She emphasized her words then ended their conversation.

She then looked at the parking lot who was far away from her place. But she still could see them from afar. She saw Jongin was looking around, trying to search her whereabouts. But then he gave up. He said something to Minhyuk before he decided to go after that.

Soojung sighed in relieved after seeing Jongin's car drove away. But she felt her heart was still pounding repeatedly. She then decided to stay until she felt calmer.

A new guilty feeling hit her right away. She felt so sorry because Minhyuk got humiliated again because of her. She hoped he would be okay.

After several minutes, she finally decided to walk. She felt like she should go out of this place right away. She didn't know why, but she got a hunch that she would get into another problem if she was still there.

Soojung was still walking and considering to apologize to Minhyuk again when suddenly someone stopped her.

Her heart skipped a beat when she realized Minhyuk was standing in front of her as he crossed his hands over his chest. She just got caught. But how did he know that I’m here?

She looked at him in horror. Minhyuk obviously looked so upset. But then she looked around, making sure people didn't see them together like this. And after making sure there were no people around them, she sighed again in relieved.

"Minahaeyo..." she didn't have anything to say except apologies in the end.

"I should know that it'll be like this if I let myself get involved with you, geez." He mumbled in annoyance. "You know what, I get damned as someone who steals another guy's girlfriend." He added as he really looked so upset.

"Ne, I'm so sorry for that too," Soojung repeated her apologize. The way he talked, she could feel how angry he was. It was the first time she heard him using bad words.

"Yeah, I really should be careful for not bumping into you again in the future, or I'll get into this crap again."

"Hey, I've apologized to you. So, can you stop nagging?" Soojung couldn't help to get annoyed too in the end. "And stop using those bad words. You're a Gyo-soo-nim, remember?"

She remembered how angry he was when she used bad words towards Park Shinhye, his crush, in the past.

"Don't try to change the topic, Soojung-ssi." Minhyuk said lazily.

"Mwo? I just stated the truth. You nagged at me too when I cursed your beloved Park-Shin-Hye, remember?" Soojung couldn't help to feel so upset because of Minhyuk hypocrisy.

"Don't bring her name in this mess," Minhyuk said in a tired tone.

"What? So, I couldn't use bad words while you can use it as much as you can? How hypocrite you are." Soojung was getting mad.

She didn’t know why she felt so angry out of a sudden like that. But she really couldn’t help to feel so angry everytime she remembered Park Shinhye. She still couldn’t forgive what that woman had done to Seo Joohyun, her sister-in-law. And the fact that Minhyuk likes her made Soojung felt angrier.

How come he likes someone like that?

"Stop it, Soojung-ssi..."

"Yeahh, I'll stop it here. And don't worry, I won't ever bring you into another mess again." She said as she walked away, leaving Minhyuk who looked so surprised by her sudden explosion.

She suddenly felt so stupid for being so guilty and uneasy towards him for what had happened.

He doesn't deserve my generosity at all, geez...

 

***

 

Three Months Later

Minhyuk was stunned with what he had seen. He thought that he wouldn't meet her again for the time being. She was so angry at him when the last time they met. And it was already three months ago. But it seemed that he still should bump into her again in the end.

He got a call from his friend who told him that the baseball team, the team he attended during college, would meet up in T-Lound that night. It was almost two years since the last time he met them. So he decided to come this time. He missed them so much.

But how surprised he was when he saw Soojung was in the other corner of T-Lound with her friends. She looked so surprised too when their eyes met. But then she looked away and acted as if she didn't know him at all.

Minhyuk raised his eyebrows because of that. But then he just shook his head.

She is still a kid...he concluded inwardly as he started greeting his friends.

These past months, he actually wondered how she was. He had her phone numbers but he thought that he didn't have any reason to call or texted her. Besides he was sure she would ignore him if he did that. She was so angry at him. And exam weeks were coming at that time, so he chose to focus on working more after that.

Minhyuk enjoyed chatting with his old friends even though he kept on looking at her occasionally. He didn’t know why he felt like he should watch over her from afar.

“Look, Minhyuk-ahh. When will you get married? All of us are married. It’s just you who is still single until now. Don’t make us worried, Minhyuk-ahh.” Minho suddenly asked him that marriage topic.

“Yahh, don’t make a fuss about that. I’m normal enough to decide that early marriage is not for me.” Minhyuk replied to them calmly.

“Minhyuk likes older women, remember? Maybe he is just being so picky towards girls.” Kibum suddenly brought another topic and successes making everyone laughed at him.

At the same time, Soojung and her friends were walking past him.

“Then you should find your noona soon. You’re not so young anymore.” Minho advised him too.

But Minhyuk was busy with his own thought. He was following Soojung movement with his eyes. And when his eyes met hers, once again, she looked away.

“Do you want to do blind date? I’ll introduce you to hot noonas...”

Minyuk ignored his friends completely in the end and focused more on Soojung who was heading to the dance floor with her friends. He looked at her sleeveless leather dress that fit her body perfectly, and he suddenly felt so worried. She looked so gorgeous. Minhyuk needed to look around to make sure people didn’t pay much attention towards her. But he was late. Soojung and her friends already attracted people around them.

Minhyuk sipped his orange juice again after that. He didn’t drink because he would drive after this. But then his eyes caught some guys who were standing across him. He could see how interested they were to Soojung and her friends. He felt more worried than before.

Geez, you come here for having fun, Minhyuk-ahh. You’re not his bodyguard. He told to himself inwardly after realizing that he was being too much.

He tried to ignore her again after that. But then he heard some noise from the dance floor. He looked at Soojung immediately. But what he saw scared him to death. Some guys whom he saw from across earlier were already in the dance floor too and they started bothering Soojung and her friends.

“Omo...do we need to help them?” Kibum commented worriedly.

“No, let’s wait a little bit more.” Minhyuk thought that they should wait more because he knew that Soojung wouldn’t stay still.

And he was right. He might not hear what she said to the guys. But she did say something to them and led her friends to walk back to their table. Minhyuk sighed in relieved because of that. But after several minutes...

“Whoaa they are so shameless...” it was Kibum who said that again and it succeeded making Minhyuk looked at Soojung’s table again.

And what he scared would happen was really happened. The guys didn’t give up and they approached Soojung and her friends shamelessly. Soojung was angry until she stood up to drive them away. But some guys already sat and made her friends squealed in panicked. Minhyuk didn’t think twice and walked to them right away.

“I think you should respect them when they said they don’t need your company,” Minhyuk said that to the guy who stood near Soojung.

His eyes met Soojung’s eyes again. And she looked surprised by his sudden appearance.

“This is not your business, Dude. I advise you to go away nicely or my friends will force you to do that.” That guy replied annoyingly.

“Ohh, believe me. I don’t want to intervene in your business either. But ottoke, I know her. And I should protect her from scumbags like you.” Minhyuk replied calmly.

It made Soojung’s friends moved and gathered behind him right away. While Soojung looked so surprised by what her friends did.

“What did you say?” that guy looked so offended by what Minhyuk had said. His friends are standing up too. They were ready to attack him in any seconds.

“Ohh, don’t do that. You’ll regret it if you know that I’m not alone here...” Minhyuk advised them calmly as his friends were gathering behind him too.

“What happened, Minhyuk-ahh? Do you get into trouble?” Minho asked him innocently.

Minhyuk and his friends won by numbers compared to the scumbags. Other than that, they were on the baseball team in the past, so they looked taller and stronger. It succeeded in making the scumbags ran away in seconds.

“Aigoo...I don’t know what will happen to us if you don’t help us. Gomawoyo, Oppa. Jeongmal gom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter