One – A Crazy Start

You're the One for Me (Side Story 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yes, It’s crazy. Love is either crazy or it’s nothing at all.

- Milan Kundera -

 

Soojung couldn’t believe what she had seen. She suddenly felt so stupid for not thinking that this would happen. Of course, the possibility of him getting invited was big since he was Jonghyun Oppa’s colleague in Sowon Hospital. And the saddest part was he didn’t come alone. Yeah, Soojung should admit that she felt so hurt seeing him came with his…fiancée.

But she didn’t have time to regret it since he just caught her presence there. He looked so surprised too. And Soojung suddenly got an urge to leave that place right away.

“Soojung-ahh! Wait!”

She could hear him calling her from behind. But she acted as if she was deaf and kept walking until she felt her right hand got caught and she was turned forcibly.

“I told you to wait,” Jongin said in exasperated tone as he was panting heavily.

“Yahh! Neo micheoso?” Soojung was so surprised by his crazy act. “Look, I don’t want to make a scene in someone else’s wedding. So please let go of me, Oppa.”

“No, until you listen to my explanation.” But Jongin was so stubborn, as always.

“I don’t need any further explanation. Everything is clear between us. So please, stay away from me.” Soojung started stammering as she said that to him. She tried to be okay, but meeting him again was too hurt for her.

“Soojung-ahh…”

“Don’t you feel guilty towards your fiancée by acting so childish like this? Come on, Oppa. You don’t want to embarrass yourself, do you?” she said in a desperate tone.

“To hell with that!” he was so stubborn.

“But I care! Look, our relationship is end, Oppa. I don’t care if you can’t accept it. But you – should respect my decision. Everything – is – over. Please, get alive!” she felt so hurt by saying that but this was for the best.

He was stunned by it. So, Soojung took the chance to release herself and ran out of him right away.

She couldn’t hold her tears any longer in the end. She decided to go to the bathroom to calm herself after that.

Soojung was at Jonghyun and Yoona’s wedding at that time. She was quite close with Jonghyun since he was her brother, Yonghwa, best friend since high school. So, attending his wedding was like an obligation for her since Jonghyun treated her like his own sister too. But she forgot that Jonghyun worked in the same hospital as Kim Jongin, her ex-boyfriend. So, he got invited was inevitable case. She was just stupid for not considering this from the beginning.

But the moment he went out of the bathroom, she was bumped into Jennie, Jongin’s fiancée.

God, please...she shouted inwardly.

“Well, I don’t expect to meet you here. But I hope it’s really just a coincident since I believe you won’t be so cheap by tailing uri Jongin until here.” Jennie said calmly as she smirked evilly.

Soojung needed to take a deep breath after hearing what Jennie had said. But it seems so useless.

“Oh, come on. I’m upset enough to meet you and him here. So don’t add more s to me.” Soojung couldn’t help to say that to her in the end.

“Woww, the way you chose your words is really something, Soojung-ssi.” Jennie said it in an arrogance tone.

“Yeahh, I’m not you who is always trying to act classy while all you can say is just rubbish.” Soojung really didn’t want to control herself anymore.

“M – mwo – rago?” and Jennie was so surprised by Soojung’s counter-attack.

“Just mind your own business. Don’t you dare to mess-up with me anymore.” Soojung said her final statement and was about to leave when Jennie pulled her hair out of sudden.

“YAHH!!!” Soojung screamed in pain.

And suddenly someone butted in. “Jennie-yahh! What are you doing? Let go of her!!!”

It was Jongin who came to save her. Jennie didn’t have any choice except releasing Soojung’s hair in the end.

“Mianhaeyo, for doing so unmannerly like this, Oppa. I just couldn’t help it. She said something hurtful to me...” Jennie suddenly became so teary and hugged Jongin right away.

Soojung suddenly wanted to throw-up after seeing her become such a drama queen in front of him like that.

But what she saw after that, was unexpected. Jongin pushed Jennie away then said, “I know her so well, Jennie-yahh. Soojung won’t say something hurtful unless you hurt her first...”

No, this is not good...Soojung said inwardly as felt so regretted by staying there. Fortunately, this place was quite far from the garden, where the wedding reception was held. And since this was a semi-private wedding, not much guests who were invited.

“Oppa! How dare you! You don’t believe me???” Jennie shouted in anger.

Soojung shook her head in annoyance and was about to leave them when Jongin stupidly stopped her again.

“Yahh!” it was Soojung who shouted this time because Jongin grabbed her left hand. “Can you stop being so selfish? Let go of me or...”

“I love you, Soojung-ahh. Jebal...” Jongin cut her abruptly that made her and Jennie surprised.

“Oppa!” Jennie couldn’t believe what her fiancé had said earlier.

“Don’t start it, Oppa. I’m tired...” Soojung was really so tired by his selfishness.

“I really mean it. And I’ll break my engagement with her right away.” But Jongin was always so stubborn. Became a chaebol since born, made him acted so selfish all this time.

“M – mwo?” Jennie shouted in disbelief.

“Look, Oppa. I – don’t – love – you – anymore. So please, let go of me...” Soojung said as she emphasized her sentences, even though it hurt her inside. She was lying.

“I don’t believe you.” And Jongin confronted her stubbornly.

“So, you need a proof?” Soojung was stammering as she said that. Jongin was stunned. She then released her left hand forcibly. “Then I’ll show you...”

Soojung’s heart clenched painfully as she walked back to the garden. She actually didn’t know what to do to show Jongin the proof that she didn’t love him anymore. Yeah, she was so crazy by saying that to him. But she desperately needed to make him stop. She was so tired...

In the middle of her confusion, she finally found...him...

He was there, in the corner of the garden, smiling while people around him were cheering by Jungshin’s appearance on the stage to start DJ-ing.

She still could hear Jongin was calling her from behind. So she walked faster as if she would die if she didn’t reach him, someone in the corner, as soon as she could. Yeah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter