ONE

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing at the very high place like this balcony makes me feel like I’m flying. I want to be free. Feel the wind on my face and stand at high place like this could bring joy and relaxing to me. Even the night view is really awesome too. I don’t need anybody just a glass of wine is enough. I could hear the faint music at the background and voices too but I don’t feel to join their fun at all. I like to have alone time after for a while. I always surrounded by crowd and noisy place, so this kind of quiet time is precious to me.

I heard someone walking toward me but I don’t bother to turn around to see who. I think this person also need fresh air too. I could smell a strong smell from him but I don’t sure what kind of that smell. I don’t think it perfume smell because it very unique too. I look down and saw his shoes. From his shoes I know he may not a guest here because he wearing an old black safety boot like someone wearing at the construction site. The sole is very thick too and it looks heavy. When I felt he seem too close with me, I turn around but suddenly I felt something on my face, a white cloth. He closed my nose and mouth with it making me hard to breath. The smell on the clothes very strong too, and strangely it make me drowsy and weak.

Before I close my eyes, I saw something on his wrist some kind of tattoo but I’m not so sure. He carry me in his arms but I couldn’t see his face because he using mask. I was half awake when he throws me in the pool. I couldn’t move all. I guess this is how my life ends. I don’t have any desire to fight back when I couldn’t breaths. Slowly I surrender to the darkness.

“YAH!!! OPEN YOUR EYES.” I hear his voice calling for me. I open my eyes and saw him. His lips on my lips and slowly I could breathing again even though my chest felt a bit painful. I keep coughing and some water were coming out from my mouth and nose too. I’m in pain but alive.

“Thank you..... Thank you for staying alive.” He said and I could see his happy expression. I never see him before but he seems so happy to see me alive. I saw his smile before I’m unconscious.

****

I awake when I hear my alarm ringing. A bit surprise when I saw myself at unfamiliar place. I look around and only then I know where I am at right now.

“Ms. Song, you’re awake.....” The nurse greets me with smile. I nods and smile back at her. Slowly I get up and sit down. Then I saw someone that really care for me come in too. Only him I could lean on when I really tired or having a hard time. I smile at him but he look at me with concern and worry.

“Yah Ji A-ah!! You could give me a heart attack.” He said but I smile when I see his cute face whining in concern.

“Lee Taemin, I still breathing and I’m fine.” I said then I look at the nurse. She seems surprise to see Taemin in here for me.

“Is she really fine?” Taemin asked the nurse and she nods even though she seems not sure.

“Is she really alright?” He asked again when he’s not satisfied with her answer.

“I’m fine. I’m really fine.” I told him and stand up but when I stand on my feet, I feel my legs wobbly and had a bit giddy too.

“You’re not fine!” Taemin said while holds me.

“Lay down first..... I will talk with doctor first.” Taemin said and helps me to lays down on my bed. Then he disappeared behind the door in second. The nurse also runs after him. Taemin never change even though it already 10 years since he know me.

How did we start to know each other? I think that time Taemin just start his career with Shinee and we attend the same school. We meet at the party even though we going to the same school and that a first time I know him. At first we just greet each other or just simply exchange our greeting or asking simple question such as how are you today. Slowly we become close and most of the time he and I always attend the same party too. After my parent died 3 years ago, he became my only friend that I trust and the only family I have. Because of him I don’t really feel lost and alone.

Even though I and Taemin have a different career and life but we have the same needed and that is freedom. Taemin doesn’t have freedom life because he is a public figure and I’m heir of one big property company. Wherever I go, whatever I do most reporter is interested at. Living in luxury is not all pretty and very lonely too sometime because it hard to trust people. Most people around me just want to take advantage of me and some were praying that I will die young so they could inherit my wealth.

I don’t ask to be in this place but since this is my burden and responsibility that my parent gave me, I don’t have much choice and accept it. I still remember what my father told me before I must protect this seat because this is all his hard work and sacrifice too.

“Are you hungry?” Taemin asked me when he comes back from meeting doctor.

“Very hungry.” I said and he just smiles at me.

“Taemin-ah, are you just arrived today from Japan?” I asked when I notice his clothes. Taemin always wear something casual if he going out with me but today his outfit so fashionable.

“Yup, my manager told me that you admitted since yesterday night. What really happen?” He asked and I try to remember back what happen last night. Suddenly we heard a knocking on my door. 2 men come in and bow at us.

“Sorry to interrupt.... We are Detective from Gangnam Station. I’m Detective Kim and this is my partner Detective Lee.” Detective Kim said and I look at Detective Lee. He seems familiar.

“Do you remember me?” Detective Lee asked but I shake my head.

“I saved you last night....” He said and only then I remember.

“Aaaa....thank you.” I said when I remember him. Last night when I saw him, he looks different. I mean he look more cool, handsome and manly but right now he just like an ordinary person. Well last night I’m not in normal state and I’m on drug too so my brain just playing trick on me. I smile to myself because how ridiculous it is my mind last night. Did I just compare him with angel? Huh... What nonsense.

“Are you ok?” Taemin asked when I keep silent and lost my focus.

“Ya, I’m fine.” I said and smiles. I look at Taemin then to the Detective Lee.

“If you don’t mind can we take your statement right now? Can you do it?” Detective Kim asked.

“Sure.” I answer and point them to the chair not far from my bed. This is VIP room so it spacious and complete with sofa and coffee table too. I join them at the sofa and Taemin sit down next to me.

“Do you saw the man trying to kill you?” Detective Kim asked and I a bit flustered with his question. Not that I don’t know the fact that people around me wish me to be gone but the way he asked me. Did I do the wrong thing until I deserve this kind of treatment? I look at Taemin and he seems surprise with his question too.

“Someone try to kill you?” Taemin stuttered when he asked me. He also thinks all of this is nonsense. Why someone try to kill me? Why they want me dead?

“I don’t see his face but I smell something on him and he wear safety boot too.” I answer Detective Kim without bother to answer Taemin. I think they want to complete their task faster, that’s why they asked me direct question.

“What kind of smell?” Detective Kim asked.

“I’m not too sure what it is but I think I smell it somewhere before and it a bit strong smell too. It’s not perfume either.” I said and look at Detective Lee. There is question that I really want to ask him but I don’t know how to ask him.

“How... How did you find me?” I asked Detective Lee eventually while looking at him.

“I’m going out to take some fresh air and that’s when I see you in the pool at the same time that man just standing there watching you drawn.” He answer like he telling me someone else story. Is he really the person save me last night? Detective Lee feel like he’s lack of feeling and the person save me last night seems warm and trustworthy person. Is he had split personality?

“What you do at party? How do you get in?” Taemin asked Detective Lee. The party that I attend last night is a private party. Only guest can come in with their invitation card. Then how does that man come in without any invitation card?

“Why do you ask Lee Taemin-sshi?” Detective Kim asked.

“Guest with invitation card only could enter the party last night.” Taemin answered. Last night party I did invite Taemin too but he can’t come because he has work at Japan.

“Why you don’t tell me about this?” Detective Kim asked Detective Lee. Detective Lee just smile at Detective Kim then he look at me.

“I will tell you later, hyung.” Detective Lee said. They keep asking me more questions but I don’t have the answer too. It a dead end for me and them too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter