Sunny Afternoon

Same Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene slumped back in her seat in shock, eyes wide and mouth turned down in a deep pout. Yeri and Joy both hollered hysterically, mostly from the alcohol but also because they just witnessed the almighty Game Goddess Bae Joohyun fall to her own demise while Wendy stood still, jaw dropped open in complete surprise. She wasn’t expecting to win at all.

Irene glanced at her girlfriend, half expecting Seulgi to wear the same mask of shock but found her lips twisted in concern and arms wrapped around herself in a hug. The leader sighed irritably. She should’ve known better than to wager her own girlfriend like that in some stupid bet but what’s done is done. She just hoped Seulgi would forgive her impulsiveness.

“Wendy unnie, please please, pleeeaase make Joohyun unnie go to the airport in a chicken suit. That’s all I’ll ever ask of you!” Yeri begged eagerly, latching onto Wendy’s arm.

“No! Make her go to a schedule wearing just a bathrobe! Or post all those ugly pictures from the last Christmas party when she got too drunk off eggnog!” Joy interjected, fists on the dining table. The two maknaes argued back and forth about what would be funnier until Wendy swiftly held up an open palm, causing immediate silence.

“I,” She began dramatically, chin turned up. “Will discuss the wish with unnie. Privately.”

Yeri and Joy groaned and fell back in their seats in defeat. “But—”

“No buts. My wish, my choice. Right unnie?”

The leader rested her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand and smiled reluctantly. “Right, Seungwan. I’m at your mercy.”

---

By the end of the night, everyone was teetering on the edge of drunk and too drunk. Seulgi already watched some of the NCT and EXO boys rush to the bathroom with their hands covering their mouths to stop the rise of vomit. After they finished their game, they started a new round with Girls’ Generation and in the end, poor Hyoyeon had to finish the king’s cup but unsurprisingly, she downed it in a few seconds and basked in the applause from the rest of the girls.

Everyone had gone out to mingle with the others but Seulgi found herself still glued to her girlfriend in their booth.

“You’re not going to go talk to the others?” Irene asked, taking a sip of her martini.

Seulgi shook her head wildly, sending her baby hairs flying all over her face. Irene laughed, finding drunk Seulgi terribly cute and gently brushed the hairs out of her eyes. Like magnets, Seulgi drew closer to the warm touch and when Irene tried to take her hand back, Seulgi caught the hand in her fingers and brought them back to cradle her cheek.

“Why are you so cute, Kang Seulgi?” Irene mumbled mostly to herself, brushing her thumb across Seulgi’s soft cheek. The surplus of alcohol left the younger girl flushed in a cheerily way that always reminded Irene of Santa Claus.

“Because you exist, Joohyunnie.” Seulgi replied, sticking her tongue out playfully. “I am cute just for you.”

If it were under any other circumstances, Irene would’ve rolled her eyes and shoved Seulgi’s face away with an open palm out of embarrassment but there was something about the night, whether it was the adrenaline of the concert or the lovesick way Seulgi was looking at her or the fact that Wendy’s wish loomed over their heads, that made Irene’s heart melt into a puddle at their feet.

She grabbed Seulgi roughly by the collar of her shirt and mashed their lips together in a kiss that was far more intimate than what she would usually allow in public, but hell were Seulgi’s soft lips worth it. She felt the girl freeze against her momentarily before submitting and showing the same enthusiasm.

“Get a room, you crazy kids!” Taeyeon yelled, startling them both. Seulgi looked at the other table and saw Taeyeon cackling the way ahjummas do along with her other members.

Irene sat up straight, face flaring red but Seulgi brushed Taeyeon off and threw her legs over her girlfriend’s lap possessively. She glanced lazily at Girls’ Generation with a closed eyed smile.

“Don’t pretend you weren’t this when you were my age, Taetae unnie.” Seulgi smirked, burying her face in Irene’s neck. She didn’t have to look to know that Taeyeon was blushing while the other members, Tiffany included, burst into laughter.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! You just got told off by a child!” Jessica laughed, clapping her hands. The leader just threw her hands up in defeat before Tiffany pulled the shorter girl in for a hug, planting a smooch on her girlfriend’s forehead. Tiffany side glanced at her American friend, smirking.

“At least some of us have a life, Jessi.”

---

“Joohyun unnie. C-can we talk?” A mop of blonde tinted hair popped through the crack of her hotel room’s door.

“Seungwan-ah, come in, come in.” Irene could tell by the stutter the younger girl was feeling timid. She had a pretty good idea of how this conversation was going to go and while she didn’t like the idea of essentially giving up her girlfriend up to even her own member, Joohyun was a woman of her word. A deal was a deal.

But more importantly and beyond everything else, Seungwan was her precious member and friend. She knew she had to set an example and it would be mostly on her shoulders to maintain the harmony between them.

Wendy took a seat on the edge of the bed, back straight and hands folded neatly on her lap. The politeness made the leader laugh.

“Don’t be so formal, Seungwan-ah. It’s just me.”

Wendy let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding and felt the tension leave her body immediately. She smiled gratefully at the older girl. “Thanks unnie. I wanted to talk to you about the bet.”

Irene nodded.

“I know you know that I’ve been harboring…a crush on Seulgi. I just wanted you to know that it was never intentional, and I wouldn’t dream of ever interfering with your relationship.”

“And this bet…?”

“Just me being an impulsive drunk. Sober m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter