King's Cup

Same Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leave it up to SM to spare no expense when it came to throwing parties. Seulgi had been to a handful of SMTown after parties as a trainee and there was always one constant at these kind of events.

An open bar.

It was one of the very few times where it didn’t matter if you were an idol, sound engineer, or an assistant— everyone was welcomed and even encouraged to let loose. It didn’t matter if you were underage, so long as you were old enough to know how to handle your liquor. SM parties were a closed door event sans the few photo ops but once the cameras turned off, it was just as wild as one would anticipate it.

Seulgi asked her trainer once why SM would let everyone go so crazy.

“That’s a good question, kid. Are you asking because you want to get drunk at the next one?” He chuckled, jokingly tugging on the bill of Seulgi’s nike cap.

“I’m serious, oppa! It doesn’t make sense considering how many etiquette classes we have to take. Why would they let everyone get so wild?”

“Think about it Seulgi. SM knows that being in the spotlight means being careful and mindful of your actions virtually 24/7 but they know we’re still human too. The parties are our only chance to drop all the polite facades and enjoy being together like regular friends do. Why else would they all be closed events?”

Seulgi recalled her first big SM party to celebrate Girls’ Generation’s debut and how she was too young (and too nervous) to accept any of the offered drinks. It wasn’t until a few years later when she was 16 that she tried alcohol for the first time at another SM party and all she could remember was the pretty new trainee who spent the night holding her hand when she got too emotional over missing her parents.

She learned two very important things that night.

One, she was an emotional drunk and two, she really, really liked that new girl with the cute Daegu accent.

Looking back, that night was probably the start of the perpetual soft spot Seulgi had for Joohyun. She smiled at the thought and turned to bury her nose into the soft shoulder of the girl next to her. Irene looked down at her girlfriend and couldn’t help but smile a bit and press a light kiss to the top of her head. She found it weird but quite endearing when it came to Seulgi’s random bouts of affection.

They were currently squished comfortably in the tall leather circle booth along with the rest of the members. The booth was wide enough to fit another three people, but Seulgi insisted on sitting so close that she was practically on the older girl’s lap.

They were waiting for the food to be served (prefixed menu of course) and everyone had their attention on the cocktail menu as they debated what to start the night with.

Seulgi glanced at her girlfriend, who was leaning over the table towards Wendy as the other girl translated the menu for her. Irene was still wearing extensions, making her long hair flip with every turn of her head and she had taken off her stage make up, choosing to go minimal with a little BB cream and eyeliner.

(But Seulgi knew with or without make up, Irene was still a beautiful face. 55th in the world, but #1 in her heart.)

Everyone was dressed in casual wear with her girlfriend opting to change into skinny jeans and one of Seulgi’s college shirts much to her own embarrassment.

“Are you seriously going to wear that, babe? One of my school shirts?”

“What? Do I not look good in it?”

“N-no! It’s just it’s so casual and—”

“And everyone knows it’s your school?”

“Well… Yeah.”

“Well I need to do something to make sure everyone knows I’m yours and you’re mine. Especially after your little temper tantrum earlier.”

Seulgi felt her face heat up at the tease and she opened to retort, but Irene just kissed the words away.

“Besides it smells like you so let me enjoy it. Or else we’ll have to go with plan b.”

She wasn’t even sure if she wanted to know. “What’s plan b?”

“I pee on you like dogs do to mark their territory.”

The conversation ended promptly and Seulgi couldn’t find the heart to be mad because she caught Irene sniffing the collar of the shirt a few times already and she made a mental note to give her girlfriend a few of her shirts before she went back home.  

Irene leaned towards her and held the menu in between the two of them. “What are you going to get baby?” She murmured, not looking up from the fancy piece of cardstock paper.

Seulgi tilted her head down so she was inches from her girlfriend’s face. She grinned widely, eyes closing completely into her signature eyesmile. “I think I like what’s in front of me right now. Looks pretty sweet to me.”

Irene looked up at her with wide eyes. Leave it up to Seulgi to flirt when she least expected it. Fighting off the rising warmth in her cheeks, she lightly shoved her girlfriend. “Shut up, loser.”

Grinning easily, Seulgi sank her arm around Irene’s petite waist, her hand resting comfortably on her hip. Her fingers slipped under the loose tee and rubbed slow circles against the soft skin.

“I’m not even kidding, baby. You’re the sweetest thing I’ve ever had.” Smirking, she leaned in closer, lips brushing against the shell of Irene’s ear. “Can I get a taste later?”

Feeling her face burn bright red up to the tips of her ears, Irene ducked her head down to hide her face behind her curtain of hair but it just made Seulgi laugh. She tilted the older girl’s chin up with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter