Adrenaline Rush

Same Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour later, both girls were feeling eons better and thoroughly satisfied, mentally and physically. They didn’t get the chance to talk much about the fight, but promised to discuss it at a later time. Irene was more than happy to spend their time showing Seulgi exactly how much she loved her.

“So how was rehearsals and the interviews?” Seulgi asked, twining their fingers together as they made their way to the van along with the other members.

“It was good! Talked a lot in English. My favorite interview was with Ellen. I actually even talked about you.” Irene’s smirk made Seulgi raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Is that so?”

The idol nodded, swinging their hands together jovially. “Yup. She asked about ideal types so obviously I had to talk about you. In limited English, of course.”

“Yeah, Wendy unnie even said her ideal type was the same so if she falls for you, don’t be surprised.” Yeri teased mischievously.

Seulgi couldn’t help but laugh. “Seungwan is too cool for me, remember? Besides,” She held up her linked hands. “One Red Velvet member is more than enough for me.”

“Be careful what you wish for, unnie.” Joy winked flirtaciously. “We may all fall for you just for s and giggles.”

“Yah!” Irene scolded, wagging her finger at her member. “She’s mine! How many times do I have to say that? YAH! Park Sooyoung, get back here!”

It all happened so quickly. Joy snuck a kiss on Seulgi’s cheek and took off running as the leader chased after her, arms pumped furiously at her sides. It was comical, the way Joy’s long legs took her far while Irene’s shorter ones stepped an extra three steps for every one of Joy’s strides.

“You really do bring trouble wherever you go.” A deep voice sighed from behind them.

Seulgi turned to grin cheekily to the manager. “Sorry oppa. Not my fault.”

“Is too.” Wendy shot back. “You’re too irresistible, Seul.”

“I can never tell when you’re joking.” The brunette groaned when they reached the car.

Wendy leaned in dangerously close, their noses only a few inches away from touching. She smirked dangerously before whispering, “Son Seungwan never jokes.”

Seulgi gulped visibly, nervous at their sudden proximity. “Uh—”

“Baby, get in the car.” Like the saving angel she was, Irene appeared virtually out of nowhere at the perfect time to save her girlfriend.

Seulgi muttered a sound of acknowledgement and climbed into the backseat. Once Irene slid beside her, Seulgi hooked their arms together and held the older girl’s hand in her lap. She turned her body towards Irene and even put one leg over Irene’s knees possessively.

The raven made a mental note of the ardent clinginess— not that she minded. But she also just caught her friend dangerously close to what looked like kissing her girlfriend and Irene wasn’t naïve enough not to put two and two together.

But she chose not to overthink it.

Seungwan was weird and her upbringing in abroad left her with a repertoire of strange habits, one being excessively flirtatious without any meaning. Plus she was her own member. That type of betrayal was only seen in k-dramas, not in real life.

“Seulgi unnie,” Joy sang. “Are you going to dinner with us after? Will you let the stylist unnie do your make up?”

“Are you implying my current make up is not good enough, Sooyoung?”

The girl chortled. “Basically. Might as well get the ‘Celebrity Experience’, no?”

“Sure, I’ll do whatever. Can I go to dinner, oppa?”

“Already added you to the guest list, kiddo.” He replied from the driver’s seat.

“Assa! SM is paying for drinks tonight!”

 

-—

 

Seulgi always enjoyed watching her girlfriend perform. Bae Joohyun was beautiful and shy and soft spoken, but Red Velvet’s Irene was charismatic and had a magnetic stage presence that demanded all eyes on her. Her smile could bring the whole world to its knees but her eyes always twinkled as if she held the secrets of the universe.

And right now, Bae Irene was performing her heart out.

The winks, the smiles, the hair flips, and even the body rolls. It was nearly too much for Seulgi. She’d look away to give her poor heart a chance, but she knew she couldn’t not stare at her girlfriend.

Seulgi was standing in the small area reserved for the staff and security to the right of the front of the stage and it her ego when Irene made eye contact with her just once, before biting her bottom lip and never looking back.

Seulgi was distracting her.

When their set came to a close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter