Trouble in Paradise

Same Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re lucky we’re not late, Kang Seulgi.”

“Like I would ever let you be late because of me.” The brunette refuted, chin raised defiantly.

“You’re just saying that as if shower wasn’t just an excuse.”

“I have noo idea what you’re talking about, Joohyun.” Seulgi smirked, kissing the tip of her girlfriend’s nose before taking off for Red Velvet’s room. She burst through the door with open arms. “Good morning! Does anyone have any snacks for this poor hungover girl?”

The other girls were spread throughout the room, finishing getting ready for the long day ahead of them. Rehearsal until late afternoon, press, then the SMTown concert later that night. Seulgi could feel the buzz of excitement amongst them and a very, very small part wished she was able to take part in it too.

But she made her decision and she refused to regret it. Kang Seulgi was not someone who lived with regrets. She enjoyed her time studying in the States and was able to live out a regular life away from the cameras. After having a small brush with fame after Kyuhyun mentioned her on TV, she knew the celebrity lifestyle wasn’t fit for her in the long run. Seulgi cared about art; music, dance, and mediums of every kind. As long as she could express herself, she was happy. She didn’t need the fame.

“Yah, does your girlfriend not feed you enough, little one?” Wendy asked, snapping her out of her thoughts. The blonde offered her a bag of shrimp chips.

Seulgi gladly took it and tore open the bag, popping few in . “She doesn’t, Wan. I don’t think she loves me enough to.” She sighed dramatically, pretending to wipe away a single tear.

“Maybe you need two girlfriends then,” The other girl replied casually, eyes focused on her reflection in the mirror as she applied her lipstick. She glanced back at Seulgi with a mischievous smile.

“Probably.” Seulgi answered, mouth full of chips. “Will you be my other girlfriend then?”

Wendy turned to face her friend, cupping her cheeks with a grin. “Why, I’d love to.”

Seulgi cheered and threw her arms over her shoulders for a hug.

“One of these days you guys are gonna take it too far and Joohyun unnie is actually going to kill you both.” Joy deadpanned, leaning against the doorframe with crossed arms.

“As if,” Seulgi scoffed, still clinging to Wendy. “My heart only has room for Daegu’s Princess Bae Joohyun. Plus Seungwan is too cool for me.”

“It’s true.” Wendy agreed easily, trying to ignore the dull ache in her chest.

Yeri perked up as soon as she saw their leader walk into the room. “Unnie, your girlfriend is such a flirt!”

Irene sighed, pointer finger on her forehead as she shook her head in disappointment. “She is.”

Seulgi immediately let go of Wendy and went to her girlfriend, wrapping her arms tight around her waist. She pouted at the smaller girl, eyes wide like an actual puppy dog while Irene looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Are you trying to seduce my members, Seulgi-ssi?”

“Aniyo,” She shook her head viciously. “My methods are for you and you only.” She asserted, smirking at the fierce blush erupting on the older girl’s cheeks.

“B-better be for just me.” Irene stuttered, trying to keep her face neutral.

“Of course! It’s like you said last night, my tongue is— mmph!”

“Okay!” Irene slapped her hand over her girlfriend’s mouth, her own face burning. She looked at her members hesitantly, hoping they wouldn’t be able to connect the dots but their smug expressions told her they were probably thinking the worst.

“Is it bad I kind of want to know the details?” Joy asked, laughing.

Seulgi winked greasily. “I can tell you all about it later for you to fantasize about, Syoung-ah.”

“Okay kids, that’s enough.” Irene grabbed her purse and held open the door. “Let’s get breakfast before Girls’ Generation eats the entire buffet again.”

All five nodded obediently and collected their things and made their way to the elevators. They found one of their managers waiting for them along with some of their staff.

“Good morning girls,” He greeted, holding badges in his hand. “Here are your passes and yours too Seulgi. You can go anywhere with that so don’t be too much of a troublemaker.”

“Yes sir.” Seulgi saluted. “I’m probably just going to hang out with Girls’ Generation while you guys do sound check. Hyoyeon and Yoona unnie keep saying they want me to play some game. Slender guy? Tall man? Something like that.”

She didn’t even notice the snickers from the maknaes and some of the staff because she felt a tug on the hem of her shirt. Irene pouted up at her, bottom lip jutting out.

“You’re not going to watch us?”

Seulgi laughed and took the hand in her’s to kiss her fingers. “It’ll be too obvious that I’m your girlfriend if the only person screaming their head off is me. Don’t worry Hyun, I’ll be cheering you on tonight.”

Irene huffed but didn’t reply, choosing to wrap both her arms around Seulgi’s right arm instead.

Clingy.

Seulgi loved it.

Yeri let out a long dreamy sigh, leaning against the wall. “You two make me wanna fall in love like, tomorrow.”

“You’re too young to be in love like that, Yerimie.” Irene said wisely, the other members nodding in agreement.

Wendy patted the top of her head reassuringly. “Yeah, just have fun and enjoy yourself. Love can wait until you’re older.”

“Yeah, but they make it seem so wonderful. To have someone you love who loves you back just as much. It’s so romantic!”

“I see your point Yeri, but we wouldn’t be here if we both didn’t get all that wild, single freedom fun out of system.” Seulgi explained earnestly, only to be shoved by her girlfriend.

“Speak for yourself, player. I was just going to say that she needs to experience a few relationships first to learn about love and herself. Only then is she ready to make it work end game.”

The brunette blinked. “Didn’t I basically say the same thing?”

“Nope.” Wendy chortled. “All you did was encourage Yeri to hoe around until she’s ready to settle down.”

“Didn’t know you were such a womanizer, unnie.” Joy snickered, stepp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter