Wanna bet?

Same Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only two things ever threatened Irene’s five year long friendship with Seulgi. 

First was when Seulgi dropped out of SM after a particularly brutal month of training. It was a hard adjustment— trying to maintain their friendship when it mostly revolved around being trainees together but they overcame it and eventually Irene was even supportive of her best friend moving to the States to study abroad. 

Second was Michelle. 

Seulgi’s first “serious” relationship. They met during Seulgi’s freshman year and Irene could even tell from thousands of miles away that her friend was completely enamoured from the get-go. It also didn’t help that she was just starting her comeback promotions which reduced their friendship to only a 20 minute phone call once a week if she was lucky. 

Irene didn’t realize her own feelings at the time, she just knew she hated that suddenly there was someone else making Seulgi, her Seulgi, smile and it drove her insane. She even resorted to having a fling with her colleague Bogum to distract herself. If anyone asked if she was only with him to make Seulgi jealous, they’d get a smack to the face. Though there was some truth to the statement, she wouldn’t dare admit it outloud. 

But like the oblivious child she was, when Irene announced she was dating her co-host, Seulgi just smiled and congratulated her sincerely. 

Fast forward nearly year later and Seulgi’s once happy relationship fell into shambles at her own feet. Irene watched helplessly as her best friend bent over backwards to save her relationship with a girl who had already moved on. 

It wasn’t until after the relationship ended that Irene learned the whole truth. Michelle had cheated on Seulgi. Twice. The younger girl didn’t have the heart to tell Irene because she knew how badly she’d react and Seulgi was convinced both times that Michelle was sorry and she wouldn’t do it again. But when it happened a third time, Seulgi knew it was time to let it go. 

It took some time, a lot of crying on the phone, and a last minute flight to the States but Seulgi healed healthily and stood taller and stronger than ever. She realized her own worth and vowed to never make the same mistakes again. 

Once she was ready to put herself back out there, she was even looking forward to it. Seulgi was eager to take everything she learned from her past relationships and invest them properly into her next one. 

Boy, did Irene luck out to be the very next person Seulgi loved. 

Irene glanced at the girl across the bar who was still staring daggers at her, before speaking again.  

“Should I be offended?” She asked, not breaking eye contact. 

“Pardon?”

“Should I be offended by the fact that you dated her before me? She’s nowhere close to my league. Unless I’m actually that average looking...?”

Seulgi let out a low laugh, resting her forehead against her girlfriend’s shoulder, sending Irene pleasant vibrations with every chuckle. Leave it up to Daegu Goddess Bae Joohyun to remind Seulgi just who she was dealing with. 

“You are literally out of my own league, Joohyun-ah. Comparing you to anyone else I’ve dated is like comparing heaven and hell.”

Irene couldn’t help but grin at the amusement in Seulgi’s voice. “Cute . C’mon, I wanna dance.” She pulled her girlfriend to the center of the packed dance floor, swaying her hips with the sole intention of getting Seulgi’s attention. 

But when you’re as beautiful as Bae Joohyun, you’re going to get everyone’s attention, whether you want it or not. 

Seulgi was aware that people were staring, but thanks to the haze of alcohol and the bewitching spell Irene had over, the only thing she cared about right now was getting as physically close as possible.

Arms wrapped around each other, with fingers running over all the exposed skin they could reach and their legs tangled together dangerously. Irene’s eyes narrowed at the pressure she felt from Seulgi’s leg between her thighs and bit her bottom lip. 

“Sneaky sneaky,” She whispered, pulling their faces closer. 

“Image~” Seulgi singsonged, recognizing the dark look in her eyes. She leaned down to press a quick kiss before taking a big step back and throwing their hands up in the air, screaming along with the loud bass drop from the change in songs. The EDM song bumped, making everyone in the crowd jump wildly in rhythm. The dance floor grew even more packed as people flooded it and the two girls lost themselves in the fun. 

 

---

 

Irene, like Cinderella, had a curfew that Seulgi was secretly quite thankful for. Going home meant changing into pajamas, (or in Irene’s case, just a pair of boy shorts and a tank top that was two sizes too small) but most importantly, going home meant they could be alone. 

In bed. 

“It’s almost 3, baby.” Seulgi murmured, taking a sip of her gin and tonic. Irene stopped drinking an hour ago, not wanting to be hungover during rehearsal tomorrow but she encouraged her girlfriend to keep drinking. Despite her small stature, Seulgi was built like a tank when it came to her alcohol tolerance. 

Plus drunk Seulgi was twice as cuddly and affectionate than sober Seulgi and Irene knew to take advantage of the opportunity whenever she had the chance. 

“It is. Shall we go home?”

Seulgi hummed pleasantly, leaning most of her weight on her girlfriend. “Home is wherever I’m with you though.”

Irene bit the tip of her tongue. “Cheesy.” She patted Seulgi’s affectionately. “Go say bye to your friends. Oppa should be here by the time you’re done.”

“Mmkay.” Seulgi kissed her cheek and Irene waved her off, phone pressed to her ear. Once she finished the call, she searched the crowd for the familiar mop of auburn hair, only to frown when she saw her suddenly disgruntled girlfriend being pulled towards the bathroom by Michelle of all people.

Irene’s veins lit with fire. She could see Seulgi try to struggle out of the vice grip Michelle had around her thin wrist and Irene prayed to every god out there for patience not to beat this girl’s right then and there. She was a gentle pacifist by nature, but when it came to her girlfriend, the gloves were off. 

She quickly shoved her way through the crowd to the other side of the bar, reaching them just as Michelle yanked Seulgi around the corner. 

“Ow! Let go, dude.” She heard Seulgi grumble, obviously irritated. Irene paused, listening from where she couldn’t be seen. “What’s your problem?” 

“I needed to talk to you.” 

“Cool but who says I want to talk to you?” 

Irene flinched. The venom in Seulgi’s voice was something she never experienced before. 

“You wouldn’t answer my calls or texts. I had no other choice.” Michelle explained calmly. Irene was bothered by the fact that she was still trying to contact her girlfriend, but happy and not that surprised Seulgi never replied. She knew Seulgi loved her and would never do anything to risk her trust. 

“Yeah, because I blocked you. Take the hint.” She heard footsteps, guessing Seulgi was trying to walk away before she heard a loud gasp. “Yah! Don’t touch me! You know I have a girlfriend, why would you try to kiss me? You shouldn’t even do try that if I were single--”

“I love you.”

There was a pause of dead silence and Irene was dying to know what Seulgi’s reaction was. 

“Okay, you’re actually delusional. Please get some help.”

“I’m not lying.”

“I’m not saying you are. I’m saying you’re crazy for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter