Jeon Jungkook

BTS Mafia Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Tae…hand me my gun yeah? And the gloves too, they’re in those drawers.’’ I said, pointing to the furniture that held our armoury.

Kim Taehyung loved to play around, especially in the most mundane of situations. Coffee and Creams was his favourite shop in all of Seoul, the dim lighting of the café along with the chipping paint and creaking coffee machines did nothing to spoil his mood. This particular evening was supposed to be ours. Playing board games, cooking and making music. If only Namjoon hadn’t called from Exquila, something about getting back at Mr Choi, a prospective client that had almost ruined his evening. Plans had to be rescheduled and my moping brother pouted as he handed my accessories. ‘’Tae hyung! Could you show me some respect!’’ he replied, slapping the gloves into my palm.

‘’Of course hyung…and my boots too please.’’ I said, smirking.

Taehyung crossed his arms and stood pencil straight, tapping his feet on the wooden floor in annoyance. ‘’You’re lucky I love you.’’

Bangtan sonyeondan constituted a bunch of misfits. We were a group of rogue fighters, shooters and ruler breakers, each member wrapped in his own history of pain and anger. But between was unity and strength- keeping us connected as brothers- as a family. It wasn’t that we didn’t fight, in fact our arguments could span weeks on end, complete with cold stares and whispered curses. However, even amongst the most heated of cold wars, we would gladly take a bullet for one another.

I zipped up my jacket and palmed the glock that lay tucked into the small of my back. ‘’I’ll be back by tomorrow at the latest, we can get lunch together. Mr Choi isn’t a hard target and besides, you already finished off his so called right hand tonight.’’

Taehyung nodded, and continued to check his phone. He sighed at the lack of notifications and I was tempted to question why he kept checking his device. It had been a saga of phone checks and disappointment all evening.

Placing the phone down onto the slab, he walked over to me and bent down to tie up my laces. Double knots for safety. I’d always be the makane, and I’d always be babied around it was an unspoken rule- something I hadn’t agreed on. ‘’Joonie was supposed to strike a deal with Choi, not scare him away. He sounded so distraught on the phone? As if he were crying? I don’t understand, Choi is all riled up at the disrespect. With Suga hyungs wedding around the corner, Jesus, I really want all the loose ends tied up. Noona isn’t going to like it if a bunch of thugs crash her ceremony.’’ He said, finishing up with my shoes.

‘’That’s probably why Hyung asked me to put an end to this tonight. And you don’t always have to do up my laces you know!’’ I replied, wearing my helmet.

We walked out into the darkness behind the coffee shop and Taehyung checked his phone for umpteenth time, his face lighting up as the ding of a text alert broke through the night.

‘’Ahh Jungkookie, we’ll have to postpone our plans, I have my own business to take care of.’’ He said, grinning. I hadn’t seen him smile like that in a while, but as a curious as I was, there was work to do, and my bike needed fuel for the long journey.

‘’Fine then…Ditch me for your plans. I’ll see you later Tae!’’ I answered, climbing onto the Enfield.

I revved the engine and it spurred to life, the noise drowning my brother’s scream. ‘’Yah! Tae HYUNG!’’

‘’I know your name TaeTae!’’ I said, laughing as I drove into the night. ‘’And I love you too!’’

My rear view mirror sparkled with his smiling face as he walked back into the coffee shop, ready to open it for business at 9 am.

‘’Could you top up the tank please.’’ I said to the employee at the petrol station. His head was covered with a baseball cap and he seemed frail beyond doubt, the blue overalls too large for his frame. It was a rough job, working at a gas station and it required extreme amounts of patience and will, it must’ve been ever harder to work in such a place when you weren’t physically adept to handle the unruly truck drivers and generically rude customers. The small man had even smaller hands as he reached out to grasp the dispenser and it didn’t take me long to realise that the worker was a woman. Her pale wrists were covered in black grease and wisps of her hair were escaping from the ponytail through the back of her hat.

‘’That would be 30,000 won sir.’’ She answered, not once looking up from the floor. I nodded in response and pulled out my wallet from my jacket, ready to hand her the money. The interaction wasn’t an unusual one at all, but what piqued my interest was the way she angled her body to hide behind my own when another vehicle made its way into the service station.

The woman raised her head for the first time that night and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. It had been two years since the end of high school, I had changed in more ways than one. But she hadn’t aged a day. It didn’t make any sense, I mean, why was the school beauty working in a petrol station? She had the brains to take admission into which ever college she desired, and the kindness to rule over any heart she pleased. It hadn’t been hard for the loner boy at the back of the class to develop a racing heart every time she smiled his way. It hadn’t been hard for the same loner boy to stand before her today and not have the same blush grace his own features. She was still beautiful, and she still didn’t know who he was.

‘’I know this may sound awkward but, could you please, stay here? Just until they leave?’’ she whispered, her eyes pleading her request.

‘’I…don’t mind. Are they trouble?’’ I answered, covering her from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter