Chapter 10

The Rebellious Fate - YongShin Version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNG YONG HWA  as Sean Spencer

PARK SHIN HYE  as  Riana Ferdinand

 

For the last few days, he stayed at the hotel and didn't visit the mansion anymore. And today also, the entire day Sean didn't come back home. After the quarrel they had severely, he hasn't gone there.

"Grandpa, did you have your medicine?" Riana sat next to the chairman while taking the box of his medicine.

"Not yet, my child" he smiled.

"Then, let me give them to you..." she said, Smiley.

"You are beautifully dressed. Are you going out?" Grandpa asked.

"Yes, Alex is coming to pick me. He said there is an Art exhibition. Do you also like to go with us?" she asked.

"Haaaa...hahahahaaaaa.....No, No...I won't be a disturbance to you"

"Disturbance! No way grandpa. More than anyone I would love to spend my time with you" she replied. Even though she knew she has to be 'act' here, spending time with people instead of living alone was her preferable.

"How sweet you are to say such. But, I am not a stubborn old man to interfere" he laughed again.

"It's not like that grandpa"

"Ok... Ok...Will your brother also join with you two?" he asked.

"I don't think so..." she said very shortly.

"I thought Sean would stay here for few weeks because you are here. But seem to be you two have fought" he said looking at her.

"Huh! How do you know?"

"I met him yesterday at the office. His face was not good" Riana sighed.

"Riana!"

"Yes, Grandpa"

"Even though he's seemed to be so stubborn and arrogant, it's not the truth. He's a warm person. If he cares about someone then that person would be the most fortunate person on the earth...but, it's really difficult to open the door of his heart. From the childhood, it has been closed...he lived with me without anyone near him. he loves me a lot. He will do anything for me. But, if I am not around in this world anymore, then it must be you who must care for him. You should be his strength and his protective shield...Do you understand?"

Riana listened to his preach so carefully. Something began to bother her so much. That evening, she shouted at him so rudely. She said so many things which supposed to hurt a person. So, did he also get hurt?

"Chairman, Alex is here. He's waiting for young madam"

Mr. Noris came and interfered her thoughts. She looked at Grandpa.

"Ok, child. Enjoy yourself. But, don't forget what I said as well"

"I understand Grandpa. I will see you later. Take care"

Riana stepped away from the house. Her heart began weighted without a delay. Alex waved his hand when she came out from the main door. She got into his modern BMW and buckled her seat belts.

"You look nice..." he said looking at her.

"Thank you" she smiled at him but her mind was not in a peace. Alex started the engine and drove out from the garden.

...........................................................................................................

It was an enjoyable evening for her after so long. The silence of the exhibition center caught her attention mostly. Alex was more knowledgeable than her regarding the subject of 'Art'. Most of the paints were described by him and listened to them so enthusiastically.

"It's really amazing to see that someone like you enjoy Arts" coming out from the center, she commented with a smile.

"Why do you say so?"

"Businessmen rarely enjoy arts. They always concentrate on the business. Am I wrong?" Riana asked.

"Correct, but I think I am exceptional" Alex smiled at her.

"I can see it" Riana smiled back to him while getting into the car.

"I think Sean is really lucky to have a sister like you" Alex commented staring at her. Riana looked at him surprisingly.

"Why do you say so?" she asked.

"Because you are a warm person" he smiled at her.

"In fact, I really wonder how come both of you have totally opposite personalities. You are friendly and warm but he is arrogant and stubborn" he said. Without answering him back, Riana threw a slight smile at him. She should be more careful when the topic is about him.

"By the way Riana, how did you meet him? I think it's after ten years"

"Yes, it's after ten years" she murmured.

Riana stunned with the question bit. 'How did I meet him?' her memory ran back to the day when the auction was held. The day she met him in his room! The way she begged him to let her go! The way he asked her to remove her clothes! The way he threw her to the bed and tried to move with her!

"Riana!!!!!"

With the call, she fell back to the real world. She hurriedly looked at Alex.

"Seem to be you were locked in somewhere..." he said, Smiley.

"No, no...I was listening to you" she said bit embarrassedly.

"How is your brother in your eyes? Is he the same as you expected?" he asked again.

"I cannot remember him. In fact, I lost my childhood memories". As discussed earlier, she expressed.

"I see. I heard the same from grandpa as well" he stated.

"It's really interesting, right?"

"What?"

"Meeting your one and only relation after so many years!" Riana smiled again.

"So, when you met him, what did both of you do? Did you guys go on a trip together? Or, had a late-night chat until the dawn?"

Alex was asking question continuously and it was becoming a burden to her. She just remembered how Sean asked her not to go out with Alex. She sighed. Giving answers here and there, she was able to overcome the situation when they came back home in the late evening.

"By the way Alex, where is your hometown?"

The reason she came out with him was the purpose of a getting a background check on him. At least she should try.

"My mom is from down south and father is from the Upper West..." he said.

"Upper west?" she asked curiously.

"Yes"

"I see"

Her family lived in the Down West and it's not the upper west. Maybe, sometimes, he mentioned about the whereabouts of his current parents. She thought silently.

"Do you have any siblings?" she asked with a hope.

"I had a younger sister but I lost her" Her eyes got widened with a surprise.

"You lost her?"

"Yes..." Alex's face withered.

"But how?" she asked with the utmost curiosity.

"Let's not talk about it, Riana...Please" she noticed the depression in his face. Seem to be he doesn't like to talk about his family matters. She sighed. But, what's going on? Can he be my brother? Is that possible? She heard her brain was yelling.

"You seem to be tired giving answers to my questions..." Alex said while entering the mansion with her.

"No doubt, it was like an interview. I think I faced a very long interview. Have I passed?" both of them laughed while stepping into the living room.

"Seem to be both of you are having an enjoyable time"

With an unexpected voice, both of them looked ahead. While reading a newspaper, Sean was there sitting on the huge couch.

The laugh which had on Riana's face just disappeared. When did he come? For what he came? Did he come to meet me? Did he come to talk to me? Hundreds of thoughts began counting to her mind.

Visiting her hometown is a compulsory thing to resolve. But, there was no chance for her to speak with him since the quarrel they had.

With Alex, she walked toward Sean. Throwing the newspaper on the couch, Sean stood up and stared at them.

"Alex! You did a huge mistake..." he said looking at him.

"What is it, Sean?"

"How could you take her out without my permission?" he asked straightly looking at him.

"She said she likes to come" he answered.

"She is my sister. I found her after so many years. Even she likes to go out, you should have asked me first...Don't you think so?" Riana remained while looking at Sean who was getting irritated bit by bit. Alex sighed.

"Therefore, Alex, next time if you want to do anything with her, you must take my permission first. Do not forget about it" Sean stated so strictly.

"I will remember it" He turned toward Riana.

"Then, I am leaving Riana. See you later" he waved his hand and stepped out from them with a smile thinking how childish Sean was.

"Don't you think you are too much?" When Alex left, Riana asked out of the blue.

"I am not here to talk to you" ignoring her completely, Sean stepped out from her. Riana shocked with his response.

........................................................................................................................

For the next three to four days Sean didn't come home. While helping and caring Grandpa, Riana spent her time at the mansion. There was no one else for her to speak much. The housemaids were so obedient and respectful towards her, so, they were scared to be friendly toward the young madam of the house.

"Riana!!" With Grandpa's voice, she came to the real world.

"Did you wake up?" she hurriedly attended.

"Yeah...Were you sitting here the whole time?" he asked surprisingly. She smiled at him.

"Where is your brother? He didn't come home for the last four days, right?" Grandpa asked.

"Yes, Grandpa" she replied shortly.

"Did you guys fight again?" he asked.

"It's not like that Grandpa"

"Why don't you go and see him?"

"I?"

"Yes, maybe he is busy with office stuff..." he said.

"Maybe"

"And you also just stick to this house alone. You must be bored" Riana innocently smiled at him.

"So, go out. Should I ask someone to drive you out?" he asked again.

"No, no...it's ok grandpa"

"I think I should hire few female staff for you. You may be discomfort with the male housemaids here" Grandpa said newly.

"I am alright, Grandpa. You don't need to be disturbed by it"

"In fact, your aunty will come home soon. Then, you will not be bored"

"Is that so? That's good news" she smiled but she felt a little strange in her thoughts. His aunt! What kind of a person will she be?

"Child, I am going to sleep bit again. Go and take a rest"

"Alright, Grandpa. I will come again when you will wake up"

Riana slowly left the room while covering him neatly from the blanket. She stepped up the staircase and entered her room. The Sun was going down slowly and the sky was coloured in rainbow colours. She leaned against the small balcony and remained looking at the purple sky... An unknown loneliness just ran toward her heart.

'He must be angry at me' she murmured looking at the sky. His image just drew on her mind.

'If you don't want to be a friendly brother to me, then don't get close to me. Don't care for me and don't treat me well even in front of others.'

She recalled her own words. When she rethinks about them now, she sensed that those words were bit harsh than she thought. Even though he's arrogant and cold, the moments she needed the protection and assistance, he was there. Even though his words were rude, his most of the actions were gentle.

Riana sighed in the air.

'I was wrong' she murmured star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter