Chapter 1

Love Scenario

Chapter 1

Recommended song: Lost in love (by SNSD Taeyeon and Tiffany)

It had been just another usual day for Yunhyeong until a clearly drunk Hanbin stormed into his room, red-eyed and petrified, in the middle of the night, uttering incoherent apologies that were punctuated by shaky gasps.

'Hyung, mianhe... If I knew that it would turn out this way, I wouldn't have gone there... I'm so sorr-' murmured Hanbin, before he lost consciousness and out on Yunhyeong's bed.

Hanbin coming home drunk and moody was no surprise to Yunhyeong, yet, this time, it was different- he cried, apologised, and was clearly being gnawed by guilt. Seeing the younger boy's pained expression, Yunhyeong's hand slowly reached the former's face and started caressing his forehead, attempting to smooth his furrowed brows.

Hanbin had always been prone to sporadic meltdowns, but these mostly consisted of unreasonable tantrums and grumpiness. When these happened, often at the most unexpected times, catching Yunhyeong off guard, Yunhyeong always knew what to do and how to cool Hanbin off- he usually made his favourite dish or acted cute, which, in either way, would always plaster a wide grin on the younger boy's face. However, this time, even Yunhyeong, who thought knew Hanbin best, was at a loss for solutions. The thing that puzzled him the most was Hanbin's apology. What did he do?

After laying Hanbin down on his bed, Yunhyeong plopped himself down on the sofa. While contemplating Hanbin's strange behaviour, unwanted and upsetting thoughts raced through his mind. The thoughts themselves were fleeting, yet the feelings evoked were long-lasting and seemed to have anchored themselves in his mind.

Yunhyeong knew that it was going to be another sleepless night for him, yet he returned to his bedroom and lied down beside the sleeping boy. He turned around, now facing Hanbin, whose face was dimly illuminated by the moonlight pouring through the window. Yunhyeong's eyes travelled along the length of the sleeping boy's face, as if he was trying to take in every single detail of his facial features. Drowned in nostalgia, a small but prominent curve formed on Yunhyeong's face. The silence that dominated the room reminded him of how awkward it was when they confessed their inner feelings for each other- who told them it was easy to progress from friends to romantic interests? The way Hanbin dangled his arm over his waist brought him back to when Hanbin clung to him and look at him so intently as if he was his most precious possession.

Deep down, he knew that the old Hanbin, who always remembered to give him all of his attention and time,  was gone and would never return to him, yet, as stubborn as Yunhyeong was, nothing could change his eternal optimism about this crumbling relationship. He had always thought on the good side, but this time he was no longer sure about this relationship.