Sweet talker, Cold heart (END)

She said write me a song

Jeongyeon squinted at the piece of paper in front of her she still wasn’t sure it was perfect but Chaeyoung had assured her it was, it was definitely a lot better now her friend had helped her with her 2nd song written for the band. the title Sweet Talker the subject of the song confidential. 

 

“Okay, so now we work out line distribution”

 

Chaeyoung said to her taking the empty seat next Jeongyeon

 

“You better give me some good ones”

 

she continued giving Jeongyeon a nudge.

 

“Of Course”

 

Jeongyeon looked up from her hand written lyrics sheet and glanced around the room most of the others girls were here getting in some last dance practice which had now descended into chaos as the girls laughter filled the room Jihyo who was also finish up a song fro the next release was sat in the corner scribbling away. Jeongyeons eyes darted over to Sana who was sat playing with Dahyun hair.

 

“I think I want to give Sana the lead on this one?”

 

Chaeyoung looks dup at her as she spoke and nodded

 

Jeongyeon had wrote this song with Sana in mind not that all she ever thought about was Sana but the younger girl did occupy her mind quite often. San was the sweet talker and her voice would fit Jeongyeon’s words perfectly like ice cream with sprinkles on. The girls then divided up the rest of the lines they were a little bit selfish in giving themselves more than they might usually get on a mini album track. 

 

“What are you guys doing?”

 

Sana popped up in-between them a huge smile on her face 

 

“Ooh is this your song”

 

she said pulling jeongyeon piece of paper towards her 

 

“Sweet talker”

 

she said in her cutesiest voice 

 

Jeongyeon smiled back at her 

 

“Perfect. that’s why you’re getting the lad on this one.”

 

San threw her arms around Jeongyeon covering her cheeks in kisses, Jeongyeon tried to pull away but realised she didn’t want to, she no longer wanted to hide her feelings she was hoping the song and now the kisses by be a biggest enough hint to Sana. 

 

“Oh Jeongyeon do you think I’m a sweet talker?”

 

Sana squealed pacing another kiss on the older girls cheek. 

 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

 

Sana was sat with Mina and Momo they’d come up with a genius idea to write a song together. The J-line were about to send Once into shook the only problem was Sana wasn’t in the mood for writing a sappy song about love her drove her pen hard into the paper making a hole in it. Stupid Jeongyeon she thought to herself. San had convinced herself that Jeongyeon like her more than a friend that Sweet talker had been this cryptic love song to her I mean jeongyeon had even given her the most lines and start calling her Sweet talker in the house as their little in joke but now she going around telling fans that she doesn’t like Sana that she hated playing couple together in the What is love? MV. Fine maybe Sana was wrong maybe Jeongyeon is straight they did use male pronouns in Sweet talker but telling everyone she didn’t like Sana was a step too far. San wished she could write a song about how cold hearted the older girl was being. 

 

Yes, that’s what she’ll do but she’ll disguise it as a pop hit.

 

she shared her idea with Momo and Mina missing out the identity of the person behind the song the two girls agreed and they all began to write together, it was fun the three them had amazing chemistry as a group. Even when the girls advised Sana to tone back the bitterness in her lyrics just a bit.

 

She thought of Jeongyeon and that how despite of all flaws there was still something that Sana loved about her there will still times when jeongyeon looked at her and she felt like the only girl in the world and Damn it maybe this was going to be a more sappy song than she’d originally planed. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was that time again to record some new tracks, thankfully this time there were only three including one by the J-line. Jeongyeon was excited to see what they’d written, too see what Sana had written Jeongyeon had been trying to be more expressive with the other girl but she wasn’t sure if it was working. jeongyeon always got flustered when Sana leaned into her especially if there’s people or cameras watching she was pretty sure their Ghost seen for the What os love MV was going go be the death of her, Sana was going to be the death of her, it didn’t matter any more recently Sana seemed distant she wasn’t sure why. She'd blown her cahnce at least her next song will have more depth than Sweet Talker

 

“Thank you”

 

She said as Momo handed her a sheet of lyrics all perfectly highlighted and coloured code. Mina’s handiwork. 

 

She was surprised to see a good amount of lines for her including chunk of the chorus which was really nice. Something about the words struck a chord with Jeongyeon about knowing your feelings and not knowing those of the person you like. It was like her and Sana. Sure Sana was affection but she’s like that with everyone, wasn’t she. she watched as Sana stepped into the recording booth wondering who she’d written this about. the she heard it faintly through the walls Sana had repeated the line from her song the cute little aieya from sweet talker her heart dropped. Maybe Sana knew that she’d written that song for her maybe this one was for her, had she been cold with Sana surest it was mostly out offer of running their friendship with her unrequited fantasies. 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Sana was sat at dinner after a long day of recording the J-line song was complete which was the prefect excuses to treat herself to that extra scoop of ice cream and no one could tell her otherwise, she smiled as jeongyeon entered the room she was still struggling with her feelings for the older girl but the song writing and recording process had helped slightly 

 

“Hi” she chimed

 

“Hi, Sweet Talker can we talk a second?”

 

Jeongyeon asked Sana shifting nervously on her feet 

 

“Sure”

 

Sana placed down her spoon and gestured to the empty seat next to her she watched as Jeongyeon moved closer to her. A sudden rush of nerves washed over her as Jeongyeon sat down. What did Jeongyeon want to talk about? her voice seemed pretty serious Sana flashed a sheepish smile and waited for the older girl to talk.

 

“I wanted to apologise for seeming cold with you sometimes it’s just I…”

 

Jeongyeon paused and Sanas nerves were out of control now. Was Jeongyeon about to confess something. Even worse was she about to reject Sana, tell her to stay away forever.

 

“I like you a lot Sana  so much that it freaks me out a bit. You’re my sweet talker. I wrote that about you. “

 

Sana nodded in response she’d been right and what was that about Jeongyeon being scared. Was that why she’d tried to push her away.

 

 

“I wrote a song for you as well.”

 

She replied quietly 

 

“I know. I’m sorry I made you feel that way”

 

Jeongyeon replied looking sad Sana automatically reached out for her hand grasping gently at her arms just in case she suddenly disappeared. 

 

“I think I love you Jeongyeon. I’m so confused.”

 

“I’m confused too, maybe we can be confused together”

 

Sana nodded again suddenly lost for words she bit her lip. So what did that mean were they going to be a couple now Like a real couple who kiss and hold hands in public. As if she'd read Sanas mind Jeongyeon leaned in closer placing a chaste kiss on Sana's lips before pulling away and running her fingers through her hair.

 

“Finish your ice cream sweet talker.”

 

She stood up

 

“Before it melts”

 

and with that she walked out the room leaving Sana alone cheeks glowing with a fresh blush. Had that just really happen had Yoo Jeongyeon just kissed her and told her she like her. Sana spent ages in her head reliving the moment. The bowl of ice cream stood forgotten on the table in front of her.