Bare Necessities

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hell isn’t really what people think it looks like. There weren’t pits of fire with humans screaming from here and there as they got punished for all the deeds they’ve done wrong, the place wasn’t red and it didn’t really look like the ‘hell’ people see in movies or books or cartoons and such.

Instead, the place looked more of like a run-down dungeon – which was completely empty. The place gave off an eerie feel, surely enough to creep people out – but it’s not something completely mind-blowing.

Of course it would be empty; the demons have got to wait until the last day of earth is gone.

That was only the ‘bad’ area. It was where they were supposed to hold the souls of all the dead sinners captive. Hell had another place that was incredibly breath-taking.

Go ahead and call the demons selfish for having such a luxurious region, with white walls and high ceilings and multiple comfortable couches laid out in such an effective way – it wasn’t horrible. The room had select corners with the wardrobe of a specific demon’s choice, a compartment filled with all their favourite foods and drinks, and a lounge to just do whatever the hell they wanted.

It was funny because they lived in hell.

Demons aren’t exactly that bad; since they survive through making sure that the sinners on earth drown in the darkness. Only when the demons are growing desperate for a source of life to cling on, would they ever try to encourage someone to make a sin.

And it was what Nayeon had to do as of the moment.

She was lying down completely on her couch, not bothering to go to her own personal space that was created for her. She had one of her legs up on the couch while the other one was lazily hanging, her eyes shut tight at the frustration she was feeling.

She was close to dying, she just knew it. She hasn’t been able to keep track of any sinners lately, for it seems like the world was starting to be a ‘better place’. She didn’t want to go through the hassle of converting a good person into one, however, for the process was too taxing. She would have to talk to them, convince them, and if all else fails – she’d have to possess them in order to corrupt their souls.

But possessing humans wasn’t a good thing. It was similar to a bee stinging a person – it could cause a demon its death.

Nayeon sighed, clearly conflicted. With the way things were going, though, she’d have to look for a target soon.

“Why don’t you try that one girl who always looks so done with life?” Sana asks her as she munched on a sweet snack. Nayeon didn’t even bother to know what the snack was, for she was completely caught up on looking for ways to keep her alive.

“Why?” She deadpans, extending

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter