Prologue: I Don't Like Girls

American Girlfriend: An Urban Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lips. A pair of perfectly curved lips, smiling saucily, sitting inches away, exhaling long streams of air that tickled at Taeyeon’s mouth. Each breath smelled of mint, an odd contrast to their warm temperature.

    In a physical sense, the difficulty that came with drawing her own breaths had nothing to do with the slender girl lying atop her body. It had nothing to do with the fact that Tiffany’s hands were splayed out to either side of her head, a cascade of wavy black hair separating them from the outside world, encapsulating them in a bubble of blushes and charged gazes. It had nothing to do with the pounding of her heartbeat in her ears. At least, that’s what Taeyeon told herself.

    “I win,” Tiffany whispered, and the honeyed tone that her voice so effortlessly carried sent muted shivers up Taeyeon’s spine.

    “Mhm…” Taeyeon squeaked out as her pupils darted up and down, alternately regarding Tiffany’s lips and eyes.

    The silence drawled on like molasses sliding down the corner of a bowl, dripping onto the surface of Taeyeon’s brain and settling there, gluing her thoughts together, making them sluggish and difficult to grasp.

    “Do I get a prize?” Tiffany asked, shifting slightly so that her face was angled, making it as obvious as possible as to what she desired.

    “Uh-ummm…” Taeyeon stammered, unable to find her words.

    Tiffany drew herself downwards, slowly, carefully, inching towards Taeyeon. Her lids closed as the distance between them grew smaller and smaller, until their noses began to touch, until the very tips of their lips began to brush, attracted in an almost magnetic fashion-

    “I don’t like girls!” Taeyeon called out, much louder than she’d meant to, causing Tiffany to pull back, brow furrowed and mouth set into a perplexed frown.

    “You don’t like girls?” Tiffany repeated, her words inquisitive rather than mocking or sarcastic.

    Taeyeon shook her head, fighting back the urge to let out a whimper as her runaway emotions threatened to choke her.

    “Okay,” Tiffany said, scooting herself onto the pink blankets of Taeyeon’s bed, “Maybe we should get back to the project, then.”

    “Wh-what?” Taeyeon sat up, her visage a mask of pure disbelief.

    After that encounter, after how close they’d been to kissing, how could Tiffany shrug everything off so easily? How could she so rapidly go from her seductive, temptress personality to the studious, calm demeanor that she displayed at school?

    “You said you don’t like girls. I’m not going to make you do something you don’t want to do,” the younger girl said casually, brushing back some of her hair, that soft raven hair that had just been draped along Taeyeon’s ears like a thousand strands of silk, “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.”

    Taeyeon still couldn’t comprehend what had happened in the past three minutes. One second they were casually working on their AP Biology project, everything completely normal as it had been, and the next they were rolling around on Tiffany's bed, locked in a tickle fight over a dumb joke that the blonde was unable to even recall. A tickle fight - Taeyeon couldn’t remember the last time she’d engaged in something like that.

    “It’s okay… you didn’t make me uncomfortable…” Taeyeon lied, looking down at the blankets below her.

    It was the good kind of uncomfortable.

    “Don’t lie to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter