The Donor

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul didn't know what to feel.

It was the first time after a long time that she's seen someone that resembled Yongsun so much.

After Yongsun's departure, her family went to the US to help with their grieving process. It was hard for them to look anywhere in their hometown and not be reminded of Yongsun.

"Yonghee." Byul couldn't hide her surprise.

Yonghee, Yongsun's older sister takes a step forward to hug her sister-in-law. "Byul. It's been a long time. I've missed you." she states in a friendly manner.

"I know." Byul says despite her tone. She can't believe Yonghee is actually in front of her. Somehow she still feels starstruck everytime she sees her. It wasn't a secret that she had a crush on Yongsun's older sister for a while. But what she's really curious about is why Yonghee is in Korea. She wanted to know if she'd be staying for good. "What brought you here? Are you here for good, is it for business? -are you just visiting?"

"I just have someone I've been meaning to meet." Yonghee replies, her smile falters for just a second but Moonbyul was quick enough to notice.

"I see." Byul answers, she wanted to ask more but she didn't want to pry.

"Anyway, how are you? How have you been?" Yonghee might have sounded casual but her eyes showed her concern with how Moonbyul's been coping. The younger girl barely answers her texts or calls when she checks up on her, so she depends on Seulgi to give her updates about her sister-in-law.

Moonbyul would've liked it if Yongsun's family stayed in Korea after Yongsun's departure. Maybe then Byul wouldn't have felt so alone. Maybe then she wouldn't feel alienated for feeling so sentimental about everything. Maybe the grieving process wouldn't be as hard as it was, if only she'd had someone who loved Yongsun as close as she did. 

But that's all in the past now.

She's past the grieving stage.

...Wow...Byul didn't think she'd ever been able to say that, even if it was only in her mind.

She's past the grieving stage. She's finally moving on with her life.

Moonbyul didn't know why she hesitates to answer that she was fine. She hasn't been fine until recently. And she wasn't sure how Yonghee would react if she tells her the reason behind her happiness.

"I'm coping..." Byul settles. "I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter