Actually a Rival

The Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here’s another one-shot! Let’s see more “Changmin vs. the dog” drama lol.

“Really, thank you for this, Changmin,” Erin thanked her boyfriend yet again.

“That’s about the one thousandth time that you’ve thanked me,” Changmin pretended to grumble and roll his eyes.

Making his girlfriend roll her eyes for real. “You’re exaggerating.”

“Yeah,” Changmin agreed easily. “You’re just reaching close to a hundred.”

Erin let out an exasperated sigh. Then, unable to stop herself, she said yet, “Thanks for this, Min.”

Changmin let out a laugh. And he said, his eyes twinkling mischievously, “You know, if you’re really that determined to keep on thanking me, I’ll take thanks in the form of kisses. One kiss counts as a ‘thank you’.”

Changmin was obviously quite an opportunist.

Erin flushed red, and she slapped Changmin’s arm lightly. Unfazed, Changmin just leaned in and stole a kiss from her lips.

“Changmin!” Erin hissed, flushing even more. “There are people around us!”

Erin and Changmin were actually currently in an airplane, on the way to Erin’s home country. Changmin had taken a short leave and surprised his girlfriend with airplane tickets. Changmin had realized that Erin was becoming homesick, so when the opportunity presented itself, he took the chance and decided to go on a visit with his girlfriend to her home country.

Which is why Erin has practically been thanking him nonstop since he had informed her about the trip a few days prior.

“So? They’re not paying attention,” Changmin shrugged easily. And that was true. Changmin had of course booked nice seats in the business class, and the elite people around them were minding their own matters, whether it be browsing online catalogs for designer clothes or making sure that their companies were still earning millions. No one was really paying attention the K-pop idol and his girlfriend.

“Yes, but still…”

Just then, the captain spoke through the speakers, announcing that they were getting near and soon about to descend.

“I can’t believe I’m finally going back home!” Erin smiled happily now. More than two years was a long time to be away from home, after all. “I’ll finally get to see Ralph again!”

At the mention of her dog, Changmin rolled his eyes. “Yeah, sure, it’s about Ralph. Your dog. What, you’re not excited to see your parents again?” he said dryly.

“Well, of course I am excited to see my parents, but with Ralph, it’s totally different!  I mean, when I was in Korea, I still go to call and talk to my parents, after all…”

“You ‘talk’ to Ralph on the phone,” Changmin scoffed. He wasn’t about to forget any time soon all of Erin’s crazy phone “conversations” with her dog that misled Changmin into thinking that another man had taken his place in his girlfriend’s heart.

“It’s still not the same as being with him and talking to him in person!” Erin insisted. Oh, she missed her dog so much. Now that she was finally going to get to see him again, she couldn’t wait! She wished the plane would go faster!

Changmin just sighed. He was quickly learning that there was no arguing with Erin when it came to her dog.

Erin’s parents met them at the airport.

Changmin’s first meeting with his girlfriend’s parents had gone quite well… Well, his meeting with her mother went well. Erin’s mother simply adored Changmin right away. Meeting her dad, though… Erin’s father had stared down at the man that won his daughter’s heart. The odd thing was that Changmin was actually quite taller than Erin’s father. Yet her father still managed to stare Changmin down. Needless to say, Changmin was sufficiently intimidated and started to sweat buckets. Thankfully for him, Erin’s mother interfered and chided her husband for trying to scare their daughter’s boyfriend.

Now, Erin and Changmin were seated together at the back of her parents’ car, while her father drove and her mother sat at the passenger’s seat.

Erin’s smile got wider and wider as they got closer to their home, making Changmin smile as well. It was good to see his girlfriend so happy and excited.

“It’s so good that you’re finally home,” Erin’s mother said, looking back at her daughter. “And maybe now, Ralph will finally stop moping. Jeez, two years is a long time, and your dog moped the whole time.”

Erin’s mother had spoken in their native language, so Changmin wasn’t quite sure what she said. However, he did hear the name “Ralph,” and he scowled a bit.

“What did she say?” Changmin asked Erin.

“That Ralph missed me a lot. Awww….” Erin replied, though she wasn’t really looking at Changmin, her expression both sad and touched at the thought of her dog.

‘The dog again’, Changmin grumbled in his thoughts.

He looked around the surroundings. A lot of things caught his interest, and he tried to engage Erin in a conversation. However, Erin was quite absentminded when she answered his queries about the things and places that they drove past, obviously too distracted by the thought of her precious dog.

Changmin was suddenly starting to wonder if bringing her back home—to her precious dog—was a good idea.

They soon got to Erin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter