008: Getting Ready

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Imagine her dress as this, with the addition of a slit to the thigh on the right side! Same color, same every other thing!

Isn’t it a beaaaaautiful dress? I love it so much <3

 

It was five PM when Mina received a text from Suho, which wasn’t that odd considering she was waiting for his message all day. She stopped scribbling down numbers on her notebook, took off her large, round glasses, and scrambled to get her phone, which was lying hopelessly on the couch right behind her; strewn aside by its owner when she started working on her homeworks (and assignments) a few hours ago.

‘I’ll pick you up at Six O’clock, be ready by then.’

The message read, and Mina’s mind blanked for an entire two minutes before realizing the exact contents of the text. She looked at the time on the screen and realized she has an entire hour to get herself ready. It wasn’t a lot of time for her to tackle down everything that is needed to be done to be absolutely splendid for the ball – and for Suho too – but it wasn’t that little of a time too. She has tame hair to work with easily, legs and arms shaven since morning, and face mask already done beforehand. Makeup might take a while to get over with, since she wasn’t that good with applying some, but she’d have to do with what she can. Now, if she have Chanyeol and Yixing with her to help her..

As if on cue, the door of her apartment rang hurriedly; and since Sehun and Kai were outside, there was only her to succumb to the plead and open the door. She found Chanyeol panting outside, with all of his silver-haired glory. He was taking in large gulps of air, forcefully even; and even then, he still had a large grin on his face. Mina just couldn’t resist the urge to take a few steps backwards, the glimmer in his smile so radiant and.. colorful, it was slightly terrifying.

“What.. what are you doing here? And alone nonetheless? Where is Yoomi?” She blurted together, holding the door tighter. She blinked innocently, hoping he hadn’t caught the scorn-filled tone of hers when she asked about Yoomi.

“Did Suho Hyung send you a text message saying he’d pick you up at six?” Came Chanyeol’s unusual question, thankfully unaware and absolutely oblivious of how hateful she sounded regarding his girlfriend. His grin had softened by now, and he resembled a giant but nice boy waiting for the answer he desired from his friend. Normal.

“Uh, yeah?” Mina furrowed her eyebrows, especially at the mischievous flash in his eyes. “Should I be creeped out by the fact you’re aware of the texts I receive from Suho?”

“No; you idiot.” Chanyeol easily answered, his low-pitched voice filled with giddiness he failed to mask. He pushed past her and inside the apartment, inviting himself in of course. He walked straight to the couch, to the place she had been leaning against and had her stuff thrown under, and plopped there. The couch was big enough to withstand his weight, but it still released a small protesting noise at the suddenness of bearing his weight. “He had informed us all beforehand that he’d send you a text message about the time he’d be picking you up earlier this morning, and here I come, an hour before the destined time to help you get ready.”

“You’re going to help me get ready?” She raised her eyebrows all the way from in front of her door, still standing there like an idiot. It was only when he started to talk – bearing the same questionable look she had in her face – that she closed the door, walking inside to sit next to him. She was attacked by his warmth instantly, and he was bigger than all of the pack members; so his heat was bigger, warmer, and twice as suffocating.

“Yes? Why do you sound so surprised of me coming here to help you get ready? I used to do it all the time.”

“Yes, used to, Chanyeol, sweetheart,” She condescendingly said, a smile so sweet on her face. Chanyeol didn’t seem offended, but he soon did look offended when she crawled away from him to the end of the couch, his heat too smoldering for her to bear. “You have a girlfriend now. You’re not supposed to do these things for your girl friends anymore.”

“What kind of nonsense…” Chanyeol started to murmur in disbelieve, eyes twitching at the utter bull coming out of . Chanyeol doesn’t chase after girls like how Jongdae, Baekhyun and Minseok do, so when he does get himself a girlfriend, they last long. He has had at least three girlfriends in his life, Yoomi being the third. She, Mina, had never said something similar to the things she was saying at the moment. “Having a girlfriend does not contradict having a girl slash friend, okay? I’m sure Yoomi would be fine with it.”

“Right, right.” She once again condescendingly mumbled, a smug smile of ridicule on her lips, and Chanyeol’s frown deepened.

“What does that even mean? Do you doubt my Yoomi?”

“Not at all, nope, na-huh.” She shook her head, not looking at him, but still hyperaware of his eyes drilling holes into her head. “Your Yoomi is such a blessing, she’d be so okay with all of this.”

“Okay, I’m not an idiot,” Chanyeol let out a sigh from his nose, and she’d have said something snarky about how idiotic he truly was if she didn’t know how untrue that statement would be. Chanyeol was nothing near being an idiot. “I know you are being sarcastic. What happened between you two?”

“What ever makes you think something happened between us?” She said truthfully, wondrously, looking away from the wall she was looking at to give him her attention. He feasted on it almost instantly, raising his eyebrows. “I’m simply being sarcastic because of the many girlfriends you and the boys have had through the years. They always, no matter how angelic they appear, end up being spawns of the devil against me.”

It was true; she wasn’t exaggerating. The boys were many which meant many girlfriends. Kyungsoo was the only one who hasn’t yet had a girlfriend, even Kai had had one before. Mostly, those girlfriends of them would appear angelic at first sight, kind and nice. Mina knew for sure that they truly were nice, just not to her. Something about her relationship with the boys triggered their monstrous side. They become greedy, possessive, and snakes. They simply didn’t like the idea their boyfriends have a girl friend, ever since they were children or not, and made it very clear they could never give her a chance.

Sure, the boys doted on her like she was their sister, but that was it. They were rough with her, careless and treated her as if she didn’t have feelings (sometimes), she doesn’t understand having friends of the opposite gender could be so.. heartbreaking. Even her, in her past relationships, the minute the boys knew she was friends with a bunch of hot and smart boys, would immediately drizzle with jealousy, competition, and hate. They’d end up breaking up with her eventually.

“So you don’t trust her because of past relationships, that’s stupid,” Chanyeol’s voice brought her out of her thoughts and she shot him a grim expression. Of course he’d think it’s stupid. “She is different than most people, she is actually nice, kind, and I believe she’s the one.”

Oh, oh. Did he really just say that?

She gave him a highly displeased look, a look filled with uncertainty, disbelieve, and it made him wonder what he said wrong.

“Is that why you didn’t tell her about your love for music and instruments?”

Chanyeol grew stunned, realizing what she meant about her question. He didn’t tell Yoomi, Yoomi had to find out; that was obvious enough when she had asked him timidly if he loved music in front of everyone, but that meant nothing. It meant nothing. She was still the right person for him, the person that he loved.

“… this is.. this is not why I’m here, I need to have you ready by six O’clock.”

“First of all,” Mina stood up, raising one of her fingers up. “I’m pretty capable of taking care of myself. Second of all, nice way of changing the subject.”

She truly did wish he’d help her with this, since he was good with makeup, dresses and all of this girly bull better than her, and she trusted him with that too. But now, she didn’t understand why she found the whole thing ridiculous.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Chanyeol whined childishly, the voice low and husky, stark contrast to his pout. “I came here to put on some pretty sparkling make-up on that pretty face of yours and make Suho Hyung fall for your beauty. So, that is what we shall do.”

He stood up as well, wrapping his hands around her shoulders and rotating her around, pushing her towards the spiral stairway and up to her room. She allowed him to guide her inside like a robot, harboring a bored expression on and saying nothing, admitting that she actually needed him to do her makeup, hair and other necessities to change her into a gorgeous girl to own Suho’s heart. That is, if Suho even cared enough about these things.

“Oh, Yixing Hyung is also going to come any minutes from now.” Chanyeol said cheerfully once he sat her down in front of her vanity, and Mina rolled her eyes, in spite of the small smile on her face.

“.. for ’s sake..”

“Heard that!”

-

Mina should have been used to what happen when Chanyeol and Yixing are together and discussing about her, she should really have been accustomed to them, but she never was.

“What do you think we should do with her hair? Curl it? Straighten it? Or pull it in a ponytail?” Chanyeol murmured seriously on top of her head, Mina watching both his and Yixing’s reflection on the mirror while they stood behind her, conspiring atop her head.

“How about a small and nice updo?” Yixing’s natural sleepy eyes were hard, focused, and twinkling with amusement. The two knew they were being silly but it was something to enjoy; annoying Mina, and enjoying it they were doing.

“Oh! Oh! We can do an updo by braiding a long lock of hair from her right side, and then pull it down in a nice, loose and low bun?”

“Chanyeol, I like the way you think!” Yixing smiled excitedly, showing his dimple, but even then he managed to appear soft, a gentle soul, and Mina sighed, staying silent. She couldn’t say anything to dampen their mood.

“What about her makeup?” Chanyeol asked with a devious smirk he tried to conceal, knowing that his actions were slightly getting on her nerve and enjoying every single bit of it. “Should we do a smokey eye-makeup, or a bright one?”

“How about both? I can blend colors with black, and put some equally dark glitter on top?” Yixing angelically suggested. “Hey, Mina, what color is your dress?”

“.. I’m glad you remember I’m still here.” She gruffly answered, crossing her arms over her chest.

“C’mon, Mina.” Chanyeol snickered, absolutely delighted with the gruffness in her face. “We are here to help you give Suho Hyung a heart attack! I bet he’d fall in love with you the minute you walk down the stairs like the gorgeous specimen that you are!”

“I’m gonna tell Suho you wished he’d have a heart attack.” Mina mumbled softly, but of course they’d hear her with their damn werewolf hearing!

“Mina.” Yixing warningly called her. Although he is a nice soul, he turns into the devil’s advocate once he is either disrespected, or disregarded of. Mina released a tortured breath from the deepest part of her lungs. Sure, they were doing all of this, putting their effort to discuss wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter