030: I’m Not Jealous

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wanted this chapter to be past 7K but I failed.

I’m sorry. I really did want a longer chapter but we just going to have to accept less chapters. 

 

“Where are you going?” Kai asked Mina, and Sehun looked backward at what he was seeing, only to ask the exact same question.

“Where are you going?”

She, Mina, heard them as she went down the stairs while hopping on one leg, the other leg she was holding upward and trying to force a red heel on her foot. She kept grimacing as she tried to wear the shoe and jump down the stairs at the same time. It didn’t help that both Sehun and Kai were asking her this question together, curiosity in their voices. Was she supposed to answer while multitasking? Ha! As if she was capable of such superb ability. She was just a loser, so she waited until she was down the stairs, heels on both feet, and loose hair-bun retightened, to answer. 

“Sehun,” she called first, “Kai already asked that question, no need to be repetitive.”

“Is it a funeral?” Sehun ignored her, blinking his eyes down at her clothes’ choice with a big- question mark on his forehead. “Because you’re dressed like you’re going to one.”

She really wasn’t. Mina looked down at her clothes suspiciously. She was wearing a tight skirt which stopped at her knees and accentuated her perfect body, and a white shirt topped by a black leather jacket with red insides. Her heels, too, were red. There was nothing about her clothes that said anything about a funeral. She was even wearing make-up, eyeliner winged to perfection. She didn’t understand which part of her screamed moody and deadly. She wasn’t sure if Sehun had a kink of dressing up like going to a party for a funeral, but she was definitely more respectful than him. She’d never wear such a thing for a funeral, for ’s sake! 

“Which part of my clothes tells your stupid that I’m heading to a funeral?” She murmured in disbelieve, eyes wide, and Sehun continued to squint down at her clothes from where he sat at the mini dining table in their kitchen with Kai. It was Kai who replied, a joking tint to his voice, eyes filled with poorly concealed amusement. 

“The neon red probably.” He pointed at her flashy heels.

“I don’t know,” Sehun began speaking in a voice similar to a gay guy speaking about the lousy clothe choices in the newspaper’s column for fashion. “Your choice this time is too conservative than usual. Mid-thigh skirts suit you more.”

Maybe he was just a ert. 

“Stop saying conservative, Sehun,” she rolled her eyes so slowly that Kai’s eyes began to burn. She was smiling though, amusingly, “It actually makes you sound smart.”

“But I am smart.” Sehun raised his eyebrows as if he couldn’t understand how she believed otherwise. 

“Yeah, as smart as my dead goldfish.”

He gasped. “You did not just mention Rosy. How dare you, you heartless wench.”

“Don’t mention Rosy, Mina.” Kai joked back, snickering at the thought of Rosy, the dead goldfish she used to own when she was younger, less experienced about animals and how hard raising one was. Of course it died like everything alive in Mina and Sehun’s hands. Unfortunately for Mina, Sehun formed a bond with it, and named it Rosy. She was his fish, his other side, the only animal which accepted him as an owner and didn’t hate him (not like the fish had much of a choice) for a werewolf, his bond with the fish was so weird and strong. Honestly, Mina thought it made him turn into a sissy. If he was any one of the boys, it’d have been cute how caring they were for the goldfish, but Sehun was straightly funny.

“You have no heart.” Sehun continued to act over-dramatically, sniffling theatrically and even going to the extreme of wiping under his dry eyes. 

“Shut up, will you?” She rolled her eyes again, moving further toward the front door of the apartment and noticing their heads following her. “Suho wants me to meet him at his company, said it’s important.”

“Ooh~ a date, how scandalous.” Sehun whistled, grinning and wiggling his brows. 

“What’s scandalous about a date?” She asked in stupefied bemusement. Then, she added. “Also stop saying scandalous, Sehun. Just stop saying words taller and bigger than you, I’m afraid you’ll fall beneath them, you know, because your IQ is still learning how to tiptoe.”

“Nice one.” Kai snorted, turning down to, thankfully, continue eating his bowl of cereal. 

Sehun just pouted. 

 

-

Going to Suho’s company wasn’t that hard considering she took the car. His company was a few minutes drive away from their apartment anyway. He made it like this so he’d easily be able to check up on his little chicks— his words. None of the three protested because he was paying for their rent and their food as well, not to mention it was close to their university too. 

Mina walked through the grand floors of his company with her heels clicking down the ground ominously, and quickly found her way to his office. His assistant, Mr. Jeon, merely gave her a nod of acknowledgement and went away with typing whatever he was typing on the computer in front of him. She passed his desk with a snicker.

“Hey babyboy,” She flirtatiously said when she opened the grand door of Junmyeon’s office, and the boy in call raised his head from his phone to her, face absolutely blank. “What’s up? Are you planning a surprise date or something?” She walked towards his office, gasping. Suho could clearly see the twinkle of amusement in her eyes. “Is that why you were so secretive on the phone? I gotta tell you, I’m a surprise person. Like, a very surprise person.” She giggled then, sitting her on his office desk and leaning over to give him an appraisal look, smirking.

“Ah, sorry to burst your bubble, but I really just wanna talk to you.” Suho said casually, not commenting on the way she was sitting on his glass desk instead of the many couches he has littered all over his office. Mina pouted, and something in the sad jut of her lips was over the top, exaggerated, and Suho leaned back on his desk, looking amused himself.

“You ruined it.” She said, still pouting, and he raised one of his brows.

“What did I ruin?”

“My imagination for a great date,” She sighed, theatrically, leaning down to flop her whole body on the desk and sniffling over the glass surface. Suho couldn’t hold into his smile anymore. “You ruined it. And I’m at your office, and not a restaurant. It’s ruined.” She then pretended to weep. 

It was a bit over the top, her reaction, and she was acting like she was with Junmyeon, not Suho like he told her to. If she was the same person who was in love with him so hard that she giggled and blushed, then she wouldn’t have been acting like a moron right now. A part of her was glad she was able to see him as a friend now, too, and didn’t view him alone as a figure of a crush anymore. 

“Come here.”

She heard him mumble over her flopped body, and she raised up quickly from her new makeshift bed to stare at him. He was beckoning her over, still stretched backward on his chair and looking mighty comfortable, like a king sitting on his throne. She stood up, thinking nothing of his insinuation, and walked to him. He wrapped an arm around her waist when she was close and plopped her on his lap sideways, so he could look down at her pretty little face. 

For a moment, Mina was reacting to him like Suho, the guy she was crushing on and she was blushing scarlet at being sat down on his lap. Her heartbeats were racing and she was beginning to sweat. Sometimes, she would be plopped down on her boys’ laps when the place was crowded and there was no other place to sit but their laps; this happened most in stuffy car rides too. She hadn’t had the chance to sit down on Suho’s lap, not for any occasion, either, so she was reacting typically like a girl if their crush noticed them. 

But when she looked up at him and met his brown eyes, she saw Junmyeon’s brown eyes first and then Suho’s flickering intensity in them too; she knew that she was among a figure of trust, a figure she loves and adores and also someone she recognizes, so her heartbeats wane a little, and she snuggles her head casually on his chest. She sensed a smooth rumble to his chest where she was squishing her cheek on, and smiled. Suho cleared his throat and began.

“Do you really want to go on these kinds of dates? Fancy restaurants and picking you up in a limousine sort of things? I thought you’re not into old-fashioned dates.”

“Nah,” she quickly declined. “I’m just exaggerating. I don’t mind a homey date where we have snacks and kiss a lot.” She none-too-shyly blurted, and Suho quickly caught onto her slip of her words.

“Kiss, huh?”

She doesn’t blush, and instead her fire of playfulness ignited. “Yup. Don’t put any thoughts in your head though, my beautiful sunshine. I’m just saying.”

“Can’t help it if the thought is already in my head.” Suho said, a laugh easily tracing his voice when he spoke, and she knew that the subject was amusing him highly. She rolled her eyes, sat up to fixate him with a look, and smacked her palm on his forehead gently.

“Junmyeon, get it out, get it out.”

“You don’t want us to kiss?” He chuckled in the midst of her small smacks to his forehead, enjoying her being flustered but not showing it all together. She stopped trying to hurt him into silence, and looked down at him with a glimmer of mischief in her dark brown eyes.

“Well, now that you say it...”

“You’re horrible.”

She laughed, and he watched her do so, trying to memorize the tingling melody that is her voice, the mesmerizing shape of , and those closed eyes of hers like she was trying to taste her own laughter through them. She was beautiful like that, carefree and... simply happy. She was beautiful when she wasn’t acting so restrained around him. Like that, she was both his best friend and the woman he fell in love with. 

“Anyway,” she started after she finished laughing, reaching for his neck and intertwining her fingers around it. Suho’s pulse quickened. “What is it that you want me for?”

“I heard you and Chanyeol had a fight?” Suho shared, trying to ignore the paced rhythm of his heartbeats at such a miniature gesture from her. Hearing this, Mina instantly rolled her eyes, and Suho heard a small pattern of her heartbeats changing. 

“Right. For a minute there, I forgot about the .”

“What happened?” He asked curiously, furrowing his eyebrows, and Mina wondered if this was the important thing he called her here for. 

“Something tells me you already have an idea.” She gave him a look, and he didn’t bother admit otherwise.

“Eh, news travel quickly in this pack. You said so yourself.”

“I don’t recall you being there when I said that.” She raised her brows, mentally whispering to hurt Yixing at his blabber mouth. Then again, she was one herself so she had no right to hurt precious Yixing over something she’d have done herself.

“You say it enough all the time.” He was the one raising his brows this time. “And now you’re changing the subject. Did he cry?”

Of course he’d ask her if Chanyeol cried. It was no secret Chanyeol was a soft baby who cried when he had fights with people he cared about because he can’t bear seeing them so angry and emotionally enraged. She was surprised herself that the giant didn’t show any of his endless tears when he talked to her. 

“No, I expected him to, but he didn’t,” she told the truth, and then as an afterthought, she smirked. “He was just furiously angry. It was kinda hot.”

“Mina.” Instantly, Suho growled. He bared his teeth at her and snarled. Finding this amusing, but knowing not to laugh, she snorted instead. 

“Okay, Okay, no need to growl so jealously. I’ll be serious.”

“I‘m not jealous.” He rolled his eyes, the arm he had around her waist tightening unconsciously. Mina almost groaned out loud, what was it with boys and not admitting they were jealous when they really were? Did they think it emasculated them, or something? 

“Sure you aren’t.” She said, snorting again, and he pretended like he didn’t hear her.

She told him everything that happened with her and Chanyeol, leaving that ugly part where he said her existence brought misery to others and explained all of his anger explosion with grave details. Suho listened attentively, not realizing how she skipped over the part thst hurt her heart, and in order to further distract him, she asked, “Are you sure you wanted me to come here just to ask me this? And to think that I dressed up all prettily just for you.”

“Yup, I’m sure.” He nodded his head. “Don’t take Chanyeol’s words to heart, we all know he doesn’t mean them. He was probably influenced by his anger and I’m positive he regrets them more than you and I know. I guarantee you that he’d be at your apartment tomorrow and grovel for your forgiveness. And you look totally pretty, now I wish there was the restaurant and the limo.”

Right, she knew what kind of a person Chanyeol was. It was the only reason why she wasn’t thinking too much about it. She knew he was gentle and soft and probably spewed harmful things he didn’t mean not so purposefully. It was a weakness of his, he once admitted, he didn’t like that about himself just as much as everyone else didn’t. He was trying to change it, though, but apparently he failed. 

Suho’s words made her flustered, too. 

“I won’t put it past him, but I won’t go easy on him either.” She told Suho heatedly. “And, Nu-uh, you forfeited your right by not planning one. I’m not dressing so cutely for you again.”

He placed his forehead over the sliver of skin he could reach on her neck and murmured softly. “Ruin him, baby, make him know exactly what he said wrong. And no, dress prettily for me all the time.”

She looked down at him and he raised his head, eyes soft and tender. She couldn’t help it when she leaned down and pressed her lips to his, kissing him softly and taking into his own peculiar, yet delicious taste. She didn’t think about it, she just went down and kissed him, thankful of Suho’s quick thinking to kiss her back just as gently. It was nothing more than a simple peck, where they pressed their lips together with pressure and keept them there, stuck between one another and between their body heat. Mina’s heart was racing because she was kissing him and she was pretty damn sure his heart was beating just as hard.

A knock interrupted them. “Uh... Mr. Kim, Mr. Wu is here for your meeting? Shall I bring him in?”

Mina pulled back from the kiss before Suho could, and she turned her head subconsciously toward the noise of the knock; Suho’s grand door. Mr. Jeon was respectful enough not to enter and see them kissing, which would have been funny for Mina. She heard a sigh from Suho, a sigh secretly filled with annoyance at being interrupted, and she looked down at Suho with a devilish smirk. 

“Wait a minute Mr. Jeon, I have a guest.” Then, when he saw her devil-like smile, he narrowed his eyes at her and added. “She’ll be leaving.”

She pouted.

She didn’t speak or show her irritation until she was sure Mr. Jeon was already away, hearing the soft paddling of his feet leaving. Suho gave her a look closer to a smug look, a smug look which didn’t suit him, and she continued to pout up at him pathetically. 

“What! I came all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter