BONUS #3

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus #2: After Sea Salt 021.

 

“Woah, okay, why the heck do I have a room for myself?”

Mina’s grumbling voice was heard throughout the group, and the boys all lifted their heads from their room numbers in their hands to spare her a glance. She was pouting, or glaring, at the card in her hand with her room number, realizing that the room was a single bedroom which she hated right away. Baekhyun tried to tiptoe so he could catch sight of her card, Jongdae blinked, whereas Sehun all but scoffed, earning a deadly glare from the furious girl, knowing what he was about to say.

“Um, I’m sure it’s an obvious reason, but you have a while we have the opposite?” Sehun pretended to tap his chin in fake thinking gesture, and she outrightly reached for his head to smack him, a deadly glare set on her face. Sehun, however, managed to escape with a loud cackle.

“He means it’s because you’re a girl. You don’t want to room by yourself?” Suho gently murmured, eyeing her card as well and then flickering his soft, baby brown eyes to her face. She tried to avoid looking at him while mentally whimpering at the same time, recalling how he hurt her and that she was angry at him. But he was so soft with her, his face so tender, his voice so soothing, so Suho-like, so.. perfect, that she was finding it very hard to act like a in anger. However, she forced her waning feelings away, unyeilding, and rolled her eyes with a massive strength extracted from all those years of being a badass. The boys noticed her mask, however, but thankfully none pointed it out.

“I don’t care what my private parts are,” she said indigenously, scowling at her card and wishing she could crumble it in her hands. “I don’t want to sleep in a room by myself, in a place that’s not home.”

“We’ll literally be a few steps away from you, Mina.” Minseok rolled his eyes, finding her reaction a bit on the exaggerating side, and she shot him a pout which quickly dissolved into a purse of her lips at Suho’s agreement.

“Yeah, what’s the matter?”

“Sorry I’m actually a whiny but I don’t want a room for myself,” she was the one rolling her eyes this time, rolling her card around her fingers too. Each and every one of the boys winced, Kyungsoo all but snorting, whereas Kai blinked his eyes. She continued to mutter childishly. “..certainly not a single room payed by you.”

Suho pursed his lips, staying silent. 

Seeing their overgrowing tension, Chanyeol came forward with a deep, exaggerated clear of his throat, pushing Suho away from Mina by his chest and then wrapping an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to his big- heat and squishing her into his side. She squealed in surprise at the sudden move, while both Baekhyun and Jongdae frowned, their wolves stirring at his closeness to her. 

“You can come sleep with us, Mina, it’s fine,” Chanyeol rubbed his cheek on her hair soothingly, smiling, and she sighed a little at the comfort of his embrace. “I’ll take the floor if you want, because you know, our heat doesn’t have special heat suppressants.” Chanyeol shared with a wink, and she began to smile, soon beaming happily back at him and his own dimmed version of her smile.

Baekhyun and Jongdae’s lips pursed into scowls, and Baekhyun was interfering before Jongdae could, moving his legs to stand between Chanyeol and Mina, pushing the giant away harshly. Chanyeol yelped at the sudden push, squealing girlishly at his legs when they began to tumble around because of his overbearing weight.

“Nope, that’s fine,” Baekhyun declared, wrapping a possessive arm around Mina’s shoulder in the same manner Chanyeol did. Chanyeol gained his footing, Mina glared at the trickster, while Jongdae continued to frown. “I can take the floor for Mina. She can have my bed.”

“Okay?” Chanyeol didn’t understand why his tone was laced with danger. “That’s fine?”

“Don’t fight about this, you stupid morons,” Minseok murmured weakly, annoyed at the stupid children, and focusing on his own card. Jongdae continued to frown. “Suho can just find you three a bigger room to share. There, no one has to sleep on the floor.”

The CEO perked up at hearing his name. “Thanks, Minseok,” Suho gave Minseok a stare mixed with irritation for no reason whatsoever. Mina thought they were all so childish. “But he’s right. I’ll just get you a bigger room or something.”

She pursed her lips in distaste but she didn’t say anything, knowing that Suho would do what he wants to do whether she complained about it or not. A bigger room with three beds was better than a smaller room with only just her. She agreed reluctantly, and the boys cheered, racing around the big hotel to find their rooms, Sehun actually taking Kai’s hand so they could find theirs faster than the rest, while the others did the same. Jongdae stayed behind, not giving his roommate, Suho, a stare, and shooting puppy ones to Mina instead.

She shot him a flying kiss, knowing what was on his mind, and he grinned, relenting and following after Suho happily, quickly forgetting.

Mina giggled, he was so cute sometimes.

-

 

The room they got was a lot bigger than expected, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun stumbled forward before her, having a severe argument about who was going to take the better bed while she watched around, in awe at the sophisticated atmosphere of the whole hotel and now, their room.

“I call dibs on this bed!” 

She heard Chanyeol yell, dropping his bag beside her where she was standing gaping like an idiot, and then running further inside the room to pounce on the bed to the left side, a big dark blue bed that made Chanyeol look actually tiny in comparison. Baekhyun scoffed, sitting on another bed on the opposite side, while she blinked, watching Chanyeol rubbing his cheek on the pillow and purring like a puppy, a drunken smile on his face. 

“You literally just offered me this bed a few seconds ago,” Mina complained, closing the door so no one could take their bags while they fooled around, and came forward, eyeing Chanyeol in dissatisfaction. “And now you’re so excited to claim it back.”

“Why shouldn’t I?” Chanyeol raised his head from the pillow he was nuzzling to shoot her a quizzical look. “Baekhyun’s offered his.”

Actually, Suho got them a room for three, enough for all of them; but Mina wanted to be petty and express her annoyance to Chanyeol, who was playing around with her because he knew she wasn’t serious in the first place. There was another bed on Chanyeol’s side, placed in an opposite directed than both Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s bed, which felt nice because it screamed privacy in a pack where no privacy was given. 

“Damn straight I did!” Baekhyun exclaimed like a soldier, flinging a single arm upward like a sword of something, determination glittering on his cute, baby face. Mina watched him blankly, no traces of amusement on her face. Baekhyun looked straight ahead, serious in his exaggeration. Then, Baekhyun added cheekily, eyeing Chanyeol with a growing smirk. “No need for her to get her contaminated by your germs.”

Of course, Mina thought while shaking his head, there was no way Baekhyun could stay serious for more than one minute.

“Ex-cuse you?” Chanyeol bellowed, scrambling messily on his bed so he could sit down, glaring at the shorter male with a none-too-Chanyeol-like glare, lips curled dangerously. Mina watched amusedly.

“You excuse you!” Baekhyun’s sword arm shifted around until he was pointing at Chanyeol’s head like a laser, trying to imitate Chanyeol’s scary glare but failing. “You heard me you elf-eared giant!”

“Okay, woah, Baekhyun, down boy,” Mina chided like she was talking to a dog, walking toward him and patting his shoulders. Baekhyun shot her a large, pathetic pout. She didn’t believe in his fake innocence and began pushing on his shoulders so he’d lean back. “Sit on your , Chanyeol’s done nothing to you.”

“Yes!” Chanyeol exclaimed, his glare turnin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter