017: Not Likely to Share

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unedited for now. I’m a bit tired so excuse any mistakes ;(

Mina was sitting on the soccer bench Minseok always reserved for her beside his gym bag, and she didn’t sit there happily. She was scowling and intending to keep shut, so long so she could give Minseok what he needed without igniting any sort of conversations and quarrels.

Yes, she was still mad at him, two days after the accident.

When he texted her to come serve her punishment (she still had two weeks to spare) she wanted to hurl her phone to the wall and break it. She truly was thinking of ignoring his text and being petty, but Minseok seemed to know her thoughts as he sent her another text telling her he’d slaughter her if she didn’t come.

Thus, the scowling and grimacing while sitting on the bench Indian style.

“Give me the towel.”

She heard Minseok order right beside her, where he was standing across his bag, bending over it to retrieve whatever he needed to retrieve to get his bangs away from him eyes. His hair was getting longer and he needed a haircut.

Mina took the towel on her other side, and threw it toward him aggressively. Thankfully, he didn’t comment about her rudeness and wiped his sweat away.

“Water, Please.”

He ordered again, now sitting fully down beside her. She was swallowed right away by his tight heat, now more intense since he had been running and was producing dozens of sweat. She crawled a little further away from him and once again threw the water bottle toward him. He caught it easily.

“Okay,” he murmured after a sip of water. “Are you less mad now?”

“Don’t talk to me.” She growled, instinctively, and bit her lower lip in irritation. She told herself she wouldn’t talk to him but here she was replying to him not to talk to her. Was she an idiot? Yes, yes she was.

“Nope, you’re definitely still mad.”

He nodded his head, sipping half of the bottle in one, strong gulp. He pushed the plastic bottle away with a large sigh of relief, feeling refreshed, and turned to her with intelligence flashing in his eyes. She didn’t look back.

“You can’t keep that silent treatment forever,  you know.”

“I’ll keep it as long as I can.” She murmured back harshly, furrowing her eyes. From right across the field, she could easily spot Kim the elf and his group of stupid friends. She noticed that ever since she took a step inside the soccer field, and he kept staring at her. He didn’t look like he was going to apologize soon for degrading her, but there was still something soft in his eyes, if she ignored the scowl he harbored. She shook her head and scowled, feeling Minseok taking the space she had between them and closing the gap, until she could feel his heat again.

He was drinking his water purposely slow now, his cat eyes drifting over everyone and watching with clear precision. For a second, they laid on the boy who had been staring at her for the longest of times, and his eyes narrowed. But he didn’t say anything.

“How long can you keep silent?” He muttered, his eyes settled on the now jogging elf, and his mouth slightly curled into a snarl. “I don’t think this would suit any of us. You’re a blabbermouth and you get on with talking. You’ll grow insane, you won’t be able to keep it.”

“While I’m still sane I’m going to fight remaining silent.” She replied back, crossing her arms and daring not to look at him.

“C’mon, Mina.” Minseok released a low, annoyed groan. He was really starting to get pissed. “You came here reeking of Baekhyun and Jongdae, which made me think you’ve talked things through with them considering they’re just as blabbermouth as you, but apparently you didn’t. I don’t know what the heck you three did, but smelling them over you even after showering gives me a damn clear idea about what you were doing, do you want me to tell you what I think?”

“How did me not talking to you jumped to me smelling like Baekhyun and Jongdae?” She smacked her palms together in an annoyed clap, the sting on her skin that followed the clap keeping her feet on the ground. It made her feel more levelheaded and less emotional, which never worked when it came to talking things down with Minseok.

“What happened between you and Baekhyun?” She could feel him shift in his seat. “I understood Jongdae but Baekhyun?”

“I think it’s none of your business.” She replied harshly. It didn’t deter the older boy.

“Really? Are you going to say that to me?”

“Either that or I stay silent, your choice.”

Minseok’s coach put the whistle in his mouth and blew on it, interrupting the two people’s train of thoughts. Minseok’s head instantly shot up, a groan of reluctance escaping his mouth, whereas Mina bit on her lower lip so she wouldn’t smirk, childishly happy to have the last word and childishly amused with Minseok’s groan.

“This isn’t over yet.” Minseok threatened, flicking her forehead with his fingers and hopping on his feet, jogging to the middle of the large field where every one of his team mates were slowly gathering, ignoring Mina’s yelps of pain.

While cradling her throbbing, quickly reddening forehead, she watched him play. He was very swift for a short male (but she doesn’t have the right to say that because she is a dwarf herself) he was the captain which meant he was very good, and even though she never understood soccer, she understood that he was good at it by the amount of goals he scored. His cheeks were starting to flush red with exhaustion, his body sweating just as quickly, despite the chilly weather. It was nearing winter anyway. She continued to watch him until she started to zone out, her eyes on him but her mind not quite there, traveling away to every single thing that happened to her through the last few days.

So yes, Baekhyun was cute and everything, but there were few dilemmas that came with their sudden, odd relationship. Mina could say screw everyone and date both Baekhyun and Jongdae, but that was completely -y to the two men. They were both the closest people she had in her life, and the first thing she didn’t want to do was hurt them. They might not show it, since they were busy squabbling like children; but none of the two liked to be intwined together by the same person: her. Jongdae didn’t like it, and Baekhyun definitely didn’t too. They hadn’t shown it severely yet, maybe because she was still mourning about Suho, but they’ll not let things slide so easily, especially Jongdae, who had appeared to be absolutely fuming when he found them snuggling together on his couch.

Then there was Suho, who couldn’t escape her mind. What the heck was wrong with all of this? How could she be able to think about all three men at the same time? How was it logically possible? Shouldn’t her heart be filled with one man, possibly Suho since she loved him first, and have no capability of loving someone else unless she was losing her older love? But she’s not losing her older love, she still loves Suho, even more now that she was able to have two men by her side and not having him.

It was so complicated and she rather at comprehending most of the complicated .

“You’re glaring at him.”

She heard Minseok say with a pant. She blinked her eyes into focus. Without realizing, her eyes had flew to the elf, Kim, who had been giving her looks ever since she came here to help Minseok and pay for her one month debt of serving him. Kim, the elf, didn’t look like he had enough of Minseok’s nasty mouth, or hers. Maybe she should go and punch him, that would take some of her burdens out of her head and teach the suggestive ert a lesson at the same time.

“He is glaring at me,” Mina defended herself, eyeing Kim and ignoring Minseok’s eyes as he ruffled through his gym bag beside her. When did he even come here? “I’m just returning the favor.”

“Do you want me to punch him for you?” Minseok suggested jokingly. She rolled her eyes.

“You can bring him here and let me punch him myself.”

He didn’t say anything, but she heard the zipper of his bag zipping close, and she felt his weight fall on the bench beside her. From the corner of her eyes, she saw him lean over to fix the shoe laces of his two feet, the smile he had before was wiped clear from his face.

“I knew there was something between you and Jongdae.” He mumbled after fixing his position back on the bench and taking a big sip of his water. “Or I guessed it at least. You had this weird tension around you and you had these googly eyes at each other.”

“Googly eyes?” She replied flatly, unamused. Minseok was glad she was talking to him that he didn’t care about how rude she was being.

“Yes, googly eyes. You two looked ing gross. I didn’t know if you wanted to fight or each other’s brains out.”

There was something in the way he talked about this whole matter that was aggressive, irritated even; and she didn’t think she was able to think about it. She had too many things in her head already.

“You’re disgusting, Minseok.” Even then, her cheeks were warming up and she knew she was blushing. She didn’t think Minseok would guess something, perhaps Suho since nothing ever went under his watchful eyes, but Minseok had a careless air around him, so it surprised her that he was actually paying attention.

“I didn’t want to believe it to be honest.” Minseok continued to speak, surprising her more, and for the first time since she came here to help pay her debt, she turned to look at him, actually concentrating on the shifting feelings passing by his eyes. “You and Jongdae, I mean. It was very hard to swallow and it’s a little gross. Every time I look at you guys I find myself grimacing, imagining you two doing some other equally gross .” Minseok laughed, the sound rich yet empty at the same time.

Mina’s head started to fire all kind of conspiracy theories and stupid thoughts that didn’t connect to the subject they were discussing. She just thought there was something subtle in his voice, his choice of words that he was hinting something at, but she was too idiotic to understand. What was he saying?

“So now you’re with Baekhyun too?” He turned to her, sipping his water and trying to force the furrow between his eyes away. “What the heck?”

“I said it’s not your business, didn’t I?”

“Mina, I’m being serious.” He didn’t call her sweetheart or any of his mushy nicknames which meant he truly was serious.

“Look, I don’t know what’s going on.” She blurted out, looking away from his watchful, intense eyes. She didn’t feel like she was in a comfortable place to speak freely since Minseok looked deadly different, but she didn’t think she could push him away, giving him the silent treatment or not. “Suho hasn’t brought any sort of explanation, but I know this: everything that had happened with Jongdae and I happened with Baekhyun too.”

“How?” His tone was oddly misplaced and insecure, a little strange, but she didn’t dwell on it. (Maybe she should dwell on it).

“I don’t know, he doesn’t know, and Jongdae doesn’t know either. We don’t have an explanation. We just know that we can’t prevent it, or ignore it.”

“Suho didn’t tell you anything about it? Like at all?”

“You were there, Minseok.” She rolled her eyes. “He didn’t know anything. He said he’ll ask his father and he didn’t say anything yet.”

Minseok didn’t say anything, thinking, contemplating about everything. He may not know what the heck was going on but he knew he didn’t like it, not one bit. Maybe for a whole different reason that it should.

Another team, all of a sudden, came strutting past the soccer field gates all by themselves; without their coach and their training clothes. Mina thought they were just here for a good play. Her eyes caught a brown-haired guy with an angelic smile, a smile that was infectious. She recognized him right away, and when she looked at Minseok, he seemed to recognize him too. Unlike her, he was fighting back a scowl, annoyed at his appearance.

The brown-haired angel’s eyes fell on Minseok right across the field, as if they were drawn to him, and a smirk so small lit up his face. He tilted his head downward in a mock bow and Minseok growled deeply. Mina heard the noise of course, and found herself biting her laughter (she wasn’t exactly in the mood for it anyway).

“I secretly think you two have a crush on each other,” She said humorously; despite giving him the silent treatment, and Minseok shot her a glare right away. “I mean, look at him looking at you. He’s obviously idolizing you in a way.”

“Luhan’s not gay.” Minseok quickly replied, as if the fact Luhan, his soccer rival, wasn’t gay was the only thing that was a problem. Hearing this, Mina smirked lightly.

“But you are half-gay so I understand it’s upsetting he isn’t.”

“I will castrate you, Mina.” Minseok murmured back, staring back at Luhan and flashing the angel, who was still staring, a scowl. Luhan’s lips curled into a half smile.

“Right, not gay at all.” She murmured in amusement. Messing with Minseok kinda lifted some of the liabilities she was feeling off of her shoulders.

Minseok stood up, throwing his used, sweaty towel on her face and watching her squeal, writhe, and try to push the fabric away. He had a small smile on, and despite all this Luhan bull, he found what she told him before slip back to his head on full-force. All he kept thinking was her, Jongdae and Baekhyun.

Blowing on a sigh, he tried to shake the thoughts away (but they didn’t disappear. They kept coming back to him and throbbing in his head like a swell that can’t be removed).

“Just, talk to Sehun, will you?”

“What, why?” Mina spluttered, raising her eyes up to meet his intense ones in confusion, wondering where the heck this sentence of his came f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter