016: Jealousy

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello beautiful people! How are you doing? I know I’m good for finishing my finals!

i actually finished yesterday and I was intending to write this chapter yesterday and upload it as quick as possible, but I was tired and fell asleep :)))) exams do that to you.

anyway. Thank you all for your precious messages to tell me that it was fine to be gone for a while. Those truly made me feel like I could stand not writing for a couple of weeks (and not reading anything)

but I’m back now and here is your long awaited chapter. Since I’m free now from exams, I’d have a lot of time to respond to all of your comments and messages so make sure to drop plenty of them! Lets meet down there <33

p.s: we’ve reached 1000 subscribers! How????!!?? Why are you that many omg I love you <3333

question: how do you return to the friend requests you accidentally ignored? I didn’t know how to do that :(((

also, What’s crowdfunding? It’s new to me tbh. 

BY THE WAY: Kai and Jennie are dating???? Is this real? I mean, I wish it was. It’d be like the cutest ever, but I feel like it’s a scam or something. It’s hard to believe kai and jennie could be dating? It makes no sense? But if they truly are

TAKE THAT JENNIE AND KAI YOU GORGEOUS PEOPLE YOU SO LUCKY TO HAVE EACH OTHER QPKDLWPWPWP

IT WAS THE BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD IN A WHILE.

P.S.S: There was going to be an extra scene with Mina and Sehun. But the seen didn’t fit the mood of the chapter and it felt misplaced; so the next chapter it is!

”Can you let go now?”

“No.”

There came a few minutes of silence, maybe four or five, the only sound in the dark living room was the sound of two, rhythmic breathing.

“Now?”

“Nope.”

“Now?”

“Nah, keep trying. Maybe I’ll go through one of them. Who knows?”

Mina released a heavy, laced with exhaustion growl and tried to kick the leg Baekhyun had around her own leg, squishing her into his body and evolving her into his infinite, sinking warmth. Mina could feel the beginning of sweat building up in her body and if Baekhyun was not disgusted by it; then she damn was.

“Baekhyun, you er,” she wasn’t successful with kicking him away, as he only raised his leg and tackled hers down again, wrapping his arms around her middle and squishing her body in his arms. Mina huffed, her warm breath attacking his neck. He let out a content sigh. “You’re smothering me! You’re too hot!”

“Oho,” came his husky, low-pitched coo. She rolled her eyes, knowing what was coming. “I knew you thought like this of me, baby. I think you’re very hot as well.”

“Why did I know you’d reply like this.” She answered in exasperation, and Baekhyun let out a small chuckle of amusement; snuggling into her while burying his nose into her orange scented hair.

“Because I’m a little piece of .”

“Thank you.” She tried to say accurately through her muffled whines, because he gave her body another squeeze and her face went straight to his neck, her lips on his skin. Her heart raced, in spite of the massive, massive heat he was radiating. “I appreciate that you know who you truly are.”

He stayed silent, playing with her hair with his free hand and enjoying her presence in his arms. After he gave her a bunch of kisses (a lot of kisses, actually) she forced him to lay down and broke away from his skin contact, whining about how monstrous he was with his never burning stamina and growing hormones – which were not normal to her. No man should have such desires that didn’t dwindle, and instead; grew more and more.

However, he had just received her attention and he was not going to break his octopus arms so easily away. So, he did what he thought felt right (considering they were all going through their feelings; no logic whatsoever in their actions) which was pulling her down to lay with him, and latching his arms and legs around her.

“Now let me go.” She tried again, pulling her arms strongly out of his embrace and raising her head. Baekhyun, however, released a childish whine, reaching for both of her arms with one hand and yanking her back down.

“No..”

“Baek, stop being a clingy motherer and let me the hell go.” She growled dangerously, smacking his hand away and breaking her arms free again. Now, she needed to break her waist and legs. One step at a time. “I can’t withstand this heat!”

“Noooooo.. Mina, I wanna hold you.” He whined again, wrapping his arms tighter until she was buried again into his neck and all. She rolled her eyes heavily slow.

“That’s cute and all, but I’d probably end up with a heat or a fever by the time you’re done holding me.”

He didn’t whine this time, but he he didn’t say anything too, which made her think he was thinking himself; and went still. However, when she felt him nuzzle her nose into her neck and squeeze her into his chest, she growled.

“I’m going to kick your balls.”

“Not my balls!” He flew out of her so fast, Mina was afraid he was going to end up falling out of the couch. Feeling the cold air of the OC quickly attacking her at his release, she sat up and let out a loud sigh of relief, flicking her hair away from her sweating neck.

“Whew, was that going to last longer if I didn’t mention the balls kicking?” She cheerfully announced, turning her head to see him lying down where he used to, pouting.

“Probably.”

“Alright, sit down properly.” She clapped her hands theatrically. “I wanna talk.”

Baekhyun guided his wandering eyes back at her, his pout disappearing away. “Is there anything to talk about?”

“Yeah, plenty.” She patted the space beside her. “Sit straight.”

He did as he was told painfully slow, gathering his astray legs close and sitting Indian style on the couch, right across her. Seeing his undivided attention suddenly on her, she found herself glowing up in nerves. Damn it, she didn’t think what she wanted to say through enough, and now she didn’t know how to phrase it.

“Um, I don’t know how to say this or ask it without being awkward,” she nervously fiddled with her fingers. “But I’m going to take a leap of faith and just, blurt it out.”

“Okay..” he slowly murmured back.

“Who was first, you or me?” Mina pointed between herself and him.

“What?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and she understood where he was coming from.

“This.. thing between us, these sudden changes. Who had them first, you, or me?”

“Um, I don’t know, I just, they just.. happened.”

Baekhyun seemed to have a problem with explaining himself and Mina did too, which is why she thought to ask him first; hoping that his understanding of things would help clear out her own understanding. Seeing how unceremoniously uncertain he was of himself, made her old courage came back, and she took hold of the situation.

“I know that, Baek. But who do you think had them first? I feel like, and don’t be angry with me please,” she pointed an accusing finger at him, and he narrowed his eyes offendedly. “—that I’m just reacting to your feelings. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?”

“Kind of.” He still sounded uncertain, even with his reassuring nod. She went on with her explanation.

“I feel like with Jongdae, I didn’t feel anything until he started to feel things differently himself. He was just a friend a day ago and the next, he’s not anymore. It’s odd, it happened like a click or something, a trigger? It was weird. One minute, we were friends, and the next we were not. I think this is what happened between you and I as well.”

“Are you saying it was me who made all of this possible?” His tone came out doubtful and a bit irritated, which was understandable considering he was an easily irritable person.

“You’re the supernatural, mythical creature here, not me.” Mina too, was easily irritable, he wasn’t the only one who found this frustrating. “I merely responded, consensually or not.”

“Please don’t say the word mythical,” Baekhyun let out a suppressed, tortured groan, pointing at himself. “I’m right here.”

“Listen, Baek.” Mina took a deep breath, trying to relax herself and the heavy sphere slowly falling down on them. It worked, and she found herself calming down. “I really think this is what happened. You or your wolf felt something, it made a click or, or whatever it is that it did to make things happen, and I reacted, which is odd in itself because what base did I have to react? But it is understandable as well. Feelings don’t grow in a day or.. a week, do they?”

“Are you saying your feelings are not genuine?” Baekhyun asked, frustration lacing through his tone. Feeling like she should be the adult one here since Baekhyun always failed with being that; she took a soothing breath in and exhaled.

“When did I say that.”

“I don’t know,” Baekhyun shook his head weakly, something tired about that gesture. “It seems to me that you were implying what happened to you was just a chain reaction sort of thing, that you didn’t feel anything only because something in our wolves or our mythical existence pulled that reaction out of you in regards to our own, personal feelings.”

“That’s what I’m saying but not in a none-genuine way. I don’t think there’s anything un-genuine about my feelings right now or I wouldn’t have allowed you to kiss me and, as you said, hold me.”

“Urgh, this is so confusing!” Baekhyun dropped himself back on the couch, lying fully there and throwing his arm over his eyes; probably hiding the golden that bled into his iris at the overwhelming emotions her words were taking out of him. “If you’re genuine about your feelings than are they really just a reaction toward mine? Jongdae’s?”

“They’re genuine but that doesn’t contradict the fact they were awoken of sorts because of a simple reaction to yours.”

Baekhyun felt his head spin. Her words made absolutely no sense but he also couldn’t ignore them. Was her feelings for him really just a reaction to his? Did that change anything? Was he more into her than she was into him? Was the more he felt for her, the more she felt for him? Does she has any will to feel her own feelings?

“Baek?” Baekhyun heard her mousy voice call out to him, or maybe he was thinking too much that her voice in his ears became tiny and far away. He sat back down, facing her; his black locks flopping back down on his face.

“Awoken? So you think you, possibly me as well, have already had feelings for each other but we didn’t know, or didn’t realize, until they were awoken?”

“Maybe.” She shrugged in confusion, her eyes clear, and Baekhyun didn’t understand the balance in her position, her eyes; her emotions. He didn’t understand how she could be so solid. “I don’t know. This could be a possibility. I mean, I can’t swallow the thought that all of these brewing, overwhelming emotions of ours can be so sudden. Can you?”

“I admit, they’re sudden and sometimes they make me feel awkward too,” he waved his arms as if to make a point of his awkwardness. “I see you differently right now and I feel differently too.”

“Yeah.” She agreed tenderly.

“So, I’m the one who made this possible?” Baekhyun once again pointed at himself with clear wonder in his eyes. “Like, I triggered them first and then yours just came to be because of mine?”

“I don’t know. That’s what I wanna ask about. When did your feelings start to change?”

Baekhyun stayed silent; his mind reeling. What was she saying? Was she right? He didn’t know, all he knew was that there was a possibility her feelings were just a reaction to his. He was the one who started that after all, in a sense. He remembered her reacting to him and hoping she felt the same. Maybe she was right, maybe she truly was reacting to him and nothing more. Would she have felt anything towards him without him feeling anything first? The thought made him wallow in despair, and he found out that he didn’t like the logic behind what they were going through.

He wanted to love her naturally, she him.

“Baek. What are you hiding?” She misinterpreted his long silence for him hiding something, since that was his lousy way of hiding things most of the time anyway.

“I’m not hiding anything. I.. um, I think your words made me realize something.” Baekhyun said, running his hand through his hair nervously. His eyes were settled on her, but Mina had the idea he wasn’t really seeing her there.

“Which is?”

“That party, where you, Jongdae and I went together? Do you remember it?”

Oh, how could she forget? It was the same party that she was kissed by Jongdae in after she was verbally molested; not to mention that kiss was what started everything between her and Jongdae in the first place. Was Baekhyun implying the party started something with them as well? Or did he—

Mina’s eyes widened, and when she snapped her jaws open; heartbeats accelerating in her chest, Baekhyun winced, almost like he was hearing her reaction which, Mina connected; he could, like Jongdae suddenly heard her heartbeats.

“Baek, don’t tell me—“

“I saw you and Jongdae kiss.”

Mina stayed silent, listening to him despite the surprise of his words registering in her head.

“Actually, I saw that werewolf dance with you and say those things to you too.” Baekhyun paused to scowl, his distaste of the whole matter showing on his face. Mina had half a heart to smile but she didn’t, focusing more on his words than her stupid, reactive feelings. “I’d have gone for you if it wasn’t for Jongdae going there first. I had followed you two to see if you were alright but you guys didn’t even notice because you were too busy kissing.” Mina saw Baekhyun’s hands slowly reach for each other to form a single tight fist. She didn’t stop her smile this time but she made sure to hide it away with her hand. He was so cute when he was jealous.

He didn’t say anything for a whole minute, and noticing that he’d fallen into a ditch of jealousy, she reached over and flicked his forehead.

“Baek, your jealousy is showing. You said you don’t do jealousy.”

“I’m not jealous.” He tried to say between a pathetic huff and between rubbing the place she flicked. For a girl, she had a strong everything. “I’m.. well, I’m upset. I didn’t hear your heartbeats calling out to me or some like how Jongdae explained. I didn’t hear anything. I only started to hear your heartbeats after that, like, a day or two afterwards. I don’t know, I can’t remember.”

So he truly could hear her heartbeats. Mina recalled how strangely miserable he was the past few days and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter