I Smile

Shoot Me In The Heart

It was a windy night, Wonpil was sitting on his bed hugging his knees, he looked at the paper in his hand. 'Should I go?' was the question echoing in his head.

It was already Friday evening, Dowoon had Wonpil in his arms "You look sad, is anything wrong?", the older freed himself from the hug "Yes Dowoon! I won't pass in Physics because of the teacher! If I stay in the same class for the next year I'm gonna be all alone with him. Without you or the guys...and then...what I'm gonna do with Sungjin?!" his head bowed down, the bangs covering his eyes. The younger hugged him for a moment, cupping his face "Look if you don't pass the class because of one lesson, then..." Wonpil cut him off "Listen! I know you're my boyfriend, but I...have to do something to get a good grade...so please don't get mad".

Dowoon frowned his eyebrows in anger "What the hell Wonpil? You tell me you're gonna be all flirty and with the teacher and I should just watch", the older held his hand "Come on Dowoonie. There is no other choice". Dowoon stood up, heading towards the door, he slightly turned his head to look over his boyfriend "If you do anything with him...don't tell me...just break up with me" with that he opened the door to leave. Wonpil shut his eyes, tears running down his face.

This was so complicated. Wonpil looked at the paper on the bedside table, he exhaled taking it his hands. He looked at it for a moment 'I love you Dowoon' he thought, he didn't want to let his boyfriend down. He didn't want to risk it all for just a grade. So, he tore the paper in many pieces throwing it in the bin.

Wonpil wouldn't risk anything for his grade. The boy decided to keep missing in Physics, he felt so bad and insecure, but had no other choice. Many months passed, it was already summer and the exams started. Wonpil knew that he would pass in all the lessons, except Physics.

Physics was the last lesson they were writing. He read this lesson the most until midnight, not giving any attention to the messages he received from his friends and boyfriend. This time he tried his best to focus and learn.

The day came, the boy eyed Dowoon who smiled at him brightly, trying to calm him down. Sungjin gave them the worksheets and told everyone "It's alright. Don't be nervous. I tried to do it as easy as possible, so don't over think. Good luck and begin" all the students started writing.

Soon complete silence spreaded in the room. The teacher was walking around the room, checking what they were writing. He stopped discreetly behind Wonpil, noticing some mistakes. He stood next to him, making the younger understand and straighten his body posture. Sungjin pointed at him the right answers, still looking around, trying not to get noticed by the other students. Wonpil glanced at him, slightly nodding as a 'Thanks'.

After an hour, both Dowoon and Wonpil finished at the same time, giving their worksheets they headed out together "Did you do well?". Wonpil nodded, he kept silent for a moment "I hope I did well".

They results would come out in a month, so they would all go together in holidays. They passed the summer together, going at the beach, spending a long night. Lighting a fire, Younghyun playing the guitar and all together singing friendship songs, cracking jokes, talking about beautiful memories. They spent a really good time together. After a week they also went camping, all boys complained about the so many insects, but they still passed their time great.

Not after long, the four boys went back at their homes as the results would come out tomorrow. All texting each other how nervous they were for tomorrow. Wonpil could barely sleep, he washed his face 'Everything will be alright' thought and laid on his bed. He knew the results would depress him, but he tried to calm himself.

Wonpil headed alone to see the results, he didn't want his friends to see him cry. He looked at the board, his eyes wandering for a moment before he found his name 'Kim Wonpil - Pass'. The boy was completely surprised, he didn't expect this. He looked around him to spot Sungjin, noticing him in his class.

He got in the class, slightly stopping in the beginning, catching Sungjin's attention "Oh hello Wonpil" said in a simple tone and kept gathering some papers that were spreaded on the desk. The student closed the door behind him, making the teacher look at him. He almost run to him, tying his arms around his neck mumbling in his shoulder "Thanks a lot Sungjin". The older closed his eyes, warmly hugging Wonpil.

Soon, they broke the hug, both looking each other deep in the eyes "Take care Wonpil" said the older with affection as he caressed his cheek. The younger nodded with a small cute sound, he approached the teacher for a kiss. Wonpil softly cupped his cheek as he kissed Sungjin fully but still softly.

The kiss lasted only for some seconds. As they broke the kiss, Sungjin opened his eyes, exhaling a deep breath "I'm sorry for everything, Wonpilie", the younger looked at him in the eyes and smiled fully, making the older's heart flutter.

Wonpil headed to the school gates, seeing the guys sitting on benches waiting for him. He shot them his brightest smile approaching them, He run at Dowoon, hugging him him tightly as the younger slightly raised him from the ground "I made it!" said the older in an excited tone. They broke the hug, Dowoon caressed his cheek and said in a deep calm tone "I told you". 

They heard a loud sound of throat cleaning from both of their friends "We're here!" said Jaehyung in a complaining tone as he opened his arms. Younghyun chuckled, shaking his head but said nothing as he found the situation really sweet. The two youngers smiled at them widely, while blushing.

Wonpil was so happy. He had his two friends and his boyfriend. He passed in the university he wanted, still being with all of his friends. He thought of moving in the same house as Dowoon as they felt complete each other. Wonpil couldn't ask for more.

                                                                                                                                                                   THE END.