Siren [2/2]

Pebbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun doesn’t say anything else for the last hour they spend together as the sun rises. The merman sports a troubled look on his face but refuses to leave. He silently tells Changkyun that everything will be fine, that Minhyuk will be fine, but his expression is the least convincing.

 

Changkyun sighs and holds the merman’s hand, lightly squeezing it. He wants to ask Kihyun about the siren and the person from his past, but he knows that now is not the time for that. The last thing he wants to do right now is upset his friend. So he just remains quiet, acting as a source of comfort.

 

He watches Kihyun’s face, noting the changing expressions and the obvious mental conversation he’s having with himself. As much as he’s concerned, Changkyun can’t help but find the merman adorable. A soft chuckle escapes his lips.

 

The merman snaps out of his trance-like state and stares up at the boy with utter confusion.

 

Changkyun releases his hand and covers his mouth with it. “I’m sorry. That was rude of me.”

 

Kihyun’s confusion grows more evident as he his head to the side. “Not rude,” he says. “Have you ever been in love?”

 

The question catches Changkyun off guard. He’s never really thought about it. He’s had no reason to. “Why?” he asks.

 

“I was just thinking about someone from a long time ago,” he practically whispers. Changkyun feels a squeeze in his chest, and he doesn’t understand why, so he ignores it. He notices the merman’s hair hasn’t lightened much since the mentioning of N, and he assumes there is a lot more than he knows. “How can love drive someone to do so many terrible things?”

 

Changkyun shakes his head softly, reaching his hand back to the merman. He places it on Kihyun’s head and his hair a few times before holding his hand again. “I’ve never been in love before.” Changkyun pauses. “But I’ve definitely witnessed it before.”

 

“Did they do bad things because of it?” The merman tightened his grip on the boy’s hand.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter