Medication=Excuse

Forever Young

Jisoo rushed towards the front desk. 

 

“K-Kim Ji-won!” Jisoo said trying to catch her breath. 

 

“3rd floor Room 307” the lady said. 

 

“Thank you.” Jisoo rushed towards the elevator and clicked the 3rd floor. 

 

“Come on already!” She cursed. 

 

 

~~~~

 

 

Bobby slowly opened his eyes and couldn’t tell where he was. His vision was blurry for a few seconds until a familiar face appeared up. 

 

“Why did you do that?! Huh?! You scared the out of me!” Hanbin shouted. Bobby didn’t say anything but lowered his head down. He felt guilty for yelling at Bobby but he couldn’t help it. 

 

“Hanbin, go easy on him.” Jennie said, calming Hanbin down. 

 

“I’m sorry... what happened? Didn’t I tell you not to do this? Ever again? You broke that promise.” Hanbin said. The door slammed open. Revealing Jisoo, an emotional wreck. Her eyeliner was a mess, it left a black trial down her face and her eyes were puffy. 

 

Everyone was disturbed by the view. 

 

“Are you a ghost?” Hanbin said.

 

“Jisoo What the hell happened?!” Jennie asked.

 

“YAH! HOW COULD YOU SCARE YOUR GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT?!” Jisoo shouted. Hanbin and Jennie’s eyes widened at her confession. 

 

“G-girlfriend?!” Jennie said in disbelief. 

 

Bobby squeezed the blanket and turned the other way. To avoid Hanbin’s glare. 

 

After realizing what she’s done Jisoo closed and swallowed thickly. 

 

“!” She said under her breath. 

 

“Wait you two are?” Hanbin asked. Bobby finally faced him and let out a small smile. 

 

“I told you I liked her, don’t act surprised.” Bobby answered, making him and Jisoo blush as they made eye contact. Jisoo walked towards his bed and held his hands, taking Bobby aback. 

 

“Yes we’re dating. I wanted to tell you guys but Bobby insisted we don’t. I’m sorry Jennie..” Jisoo pouted. Jennie wasn’t angry. In fact she felt guilty. She still hasn’t told Jisoo about kissing Hanbin.. 

 

“No I’m happy for you! I’m glad you finally realized your feelings and didn’t fight against it.” Jennie smiled warmly. She envied Jisoo and Bobby. When was Hanbin going to ask her to be his girlfriend? Are they just going to kiss and leave it as that? Jisoo returned the smile and looked back at Bobby. She saw that his arm was wrapped up. She noticed a few new bruises on his face too. 

 

“I know I’m handsome but not in front of them.” Bobby smiled cheekily. Jisoo caressed his face and felt the bruises on his cheeks. Her thumb made its ways to his lips and tears began falling from her eyes. 

 

 

“Jennie and I will leave you two alone..” Hanbin cleared his throat. 

 

~~~~~

 

Bobby’s POV 

You made her cry again Bobby.. when will you stop?! Huh? I pulled Jisoo into my embrace. Inhaling her scent. I’m sorry Jisoo. I’m so sorry... 

 

“Do you know how scared I was?! I-I thought you were gone...” she said in between her sobs. 

 

“I’m sorry Jichu... I don’t know what I was thinking at the moment.” Tears rolled down my eyes. This moment, I wish it could last forever.. she pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears. 

 

“Talk to me when you’re going through things. Don’t keep it to yourself anymore alright?” How could I say no? When she’s looking at me with those lost puppy eyes of hers. She looked at my arm and I quickly slid it into the blanket.

 

“I’m meeting with your dad.” She said. 

 

“Jisoo...-“

 

“I don’t care! This has to stop!! How long are you going to suffer?! You probably don’t care but I do! I care Bobby!! Every time I see new bruises on your face, cuts, blood etc. I... I break down. But it kills me even more to look at you like this and not be able to do anything...” I reached for her hand and held it.

 

“Please trust me? Don’t do anything and let me handle this alright?” I explained. She pulled her hand away from me and wiped her tears which surprised me. 

 

“You said that last time.. how do you expect me to trust you? I’m over it, I’m not letting you get hurt anymore.” She argued. 

 

 

“If I’m going to stand up to him. I want to do it by myself. I know you care Jisoo but I need to do this alone.. for my sake.” 

 

She planted a soft kiss on my forehead and held my hand, giving it a light squeeze. 

 

“I’m going to be by your side every step of the way okay?” She said caressing my face with her other hand. I leaned in closer  and kissed her on the lips. 

 

“Thank you.” I smiled. 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Hanbin and Jennie were sitting in the cafe on the first floor of the hospital. Jennie slid the bowl of ramen towards Hanbin but he refused. After what happened with Bobby he didn’t have an appetite anymore. It still shocked Jennie since it was her first time seeing that much blood. The image wouldn’t disappear from her thoughts. 

 

“What are you thinking about?” Jennie asked. 

 

“About Bobby’s safety.” Hanbin said staring out the window. 

 

“We should do something about this. It can’t go on forever you know?..” Jennie suggested. Hanbin let out a sigh before looking at Jennie. 

 

“I’ve already tried but he refuses. I’m just scared that something even more worse than this will happen.” Hanbin explained. 

 

“What could possibly happen?” Jennie asked. 

 

“His dad... he plans on shipping Bobby to some place that he refuses to let me know of. He’s capable of anything and I’m afraid I’ll wake up one day and Bobby won’t be around.” Hanbin admitted. 

 

“We won’t let that happen. Let’s come up with a plan.” Jennie said while wiping the corners of with a napkin. 

 

“Plan?” Hanbin said in confusion. Before Jennie could say anything Hanbin’s phone began ringing. 

 

“What?” Hanbin answered in a cold tone.

 

“Could you pick Hanbyul up at the hospital? I’m afraid I’ll be busy today.” Mino explained. 

 

“Alright.” Hanbin said and hung up. He got up from the table. 

 

“Let me walk you back to the room.” He offered.

 

“Where are you going?” Jennie asked.

 

“To visit Nayeon, she’s actually on the 4th floor. I have to take Hanbyul home.” Hanbin explained. Jennie knows she shouldn’t feel this way but it angered her. 

 

“No it’s fine. I can walk myself just go.” Jennie replied. 

 

“No let’s go together.” Hanbin refused.

 

“I’m gonna order some chicken for Jisoo so go head. You have to drop Hanbyul off anyways.” Jennie said forcing a smile. 

 

“Alright I’ll see you later then.” Hanbin smiled before leaving. 

 

“, I should’ve just went with him. I swear I hate being stubborn..” Jennie cursed. 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“I did it, Hanbin should be on his way soon.” Nayeon read Mino’s text and smiled. A knock on the door snapped her back into reality. It opened and revealed Hanbin.

 

“Hey.” Nayeon said. 

 

“Hey.” Hanbin replied and looked at a sleeping Hanbyul. Both of her little hands were holding onto Nayeon’s. 

 

“I guess you’re picking her up?” Nayeon asked.

 

“Yeah but I’m not sure if I should wake her up.” Hanbin said scratching his head. He didn’t want to deal with Hanbyul being cranky. 

 

“Then don’t. She must’ve had a long day today.” Nayeon said eyed the drawing Hanbyul drew. 

 

“She drew this?” Hanbin let out a little chuckle and picked it up. It was a drawing of Hanbin and Hanbyul holding hands. 

 

“This too.” Nayeon lifted the paper up from Hanbyul and handed it to Hanbin. It showed Hanbyul in the middle holding both, his and Mino’s hand. “I love my brothers.” Is what she wrote at the top. 

 

“Oh.” Was all Hanbin could say before placing it on the table. 

 

“I understand that you hate Mino but he only did it out of love. Love... it makes people do crazy things and look at him now. He’s really trying his best to change so please don’t hate him forever.” Nayeon explained. 

 

Hanbin didn’t feel sympathy for Mino. Even if Nayeon tried changing his mind it wouldn’t change the fact that he tried to kill his own brother. 

 

“He can try all he wants but it won’t change a damn thing.” Hanbin replied. 

 

“Hanbin.. think about Hanbyul.” Nayeon said in a worried tone. 

 

“So what? We could just continue with the act like we’ve been doing this whole time.” Hanbin argued. 

 

“I know Mino ruined what you and I had but let’s get over it. At least he’s trying to better himself.” Nayeon said.

 

“Screw him. I won’t forgive him.” Hanbin said. Nayeon felt bad for Mino. She feels like the whole reason for their bad relationship was her fault. But she felt happy, believing that Hanbin was still hung up on Mino being at fault for their break up. Maybe he really does love me? Nayeon thought. 

 

“I’m going into surgery tomorrow.” Nayeon said changing the subject. She wanted to see if he still cared for her.

 

“Really? That’s great..” Hanbin replied.

 

“Yeah but I’m a little scared..” 

 

“Don’t be, everything will go well.” Hanbin grinned. 

 

“I don’t know if this is too much to ask but can you bring Hanbyul to see me tomorrow? After the surgery?..” it was just and excuse for Nayeon to talk to Hanbin. 

 

“Uh sure.” Hanbin nodded his head. Hanbyul woke up and stretched her arms out. Nayeon pointed at To Hanbin’s direction and Hanbyul smiled.

 

“Hey Oppa. Are you taking me home?” Hanbyul asked while rubbing her eyes. 

 

“Yup. Are you ready?” Hanbin smiled. Nayeon remembered how he use to smile at her like that. She missed it. 

 

Hanbyul nodded her head and got up from the seat. 

 

“Bye Nayeon!” Hanbyul waved.

 

“Goodbye Hanbyul!” Nayeon smiled widely. 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Jennie’s POV

I walked towards Bobby’s room with some chicken and a bowl of tofu soup in my other hand. I saw them holding hands and laughing at the T.V screen together. It made me jealous. I wished that could be me and Hanbin but he won’t ask me that damn question!! Is he perhaps avoiding it? What if he doesn’t like me? I shook my head trying to get the negative thoughts out. I knocked on the door and entered the room.

 

“Chicken for you and soup for you.” I said and handed them the tray. 

 

“Where’s Hanbin?” Jisoo asked. Ughh don’t even remind me about him.! 

 

“He went to visit Nayeon. Turns out she’s on the 4th floor..” I answered. 

 

“What a coincidence.” Bobby said sarcastically. 

 

“Shut up.” Jisoo said. Yeah.. what a coincidence. I shrugged my shoulders and sat on one of the chairs. 

 

“You’re not eating?” Jisoo asked.

 

“I ate ramen already.” I answered. 

 

“Well since you’re not doing anything... could you pretty please! Get me more chicken?” Jisoo begged. I looked at her plate which was filled with 4 empty bones of chicken. 

 

“You finished it already?!” I said in disbelief.

 

“Bring me some too!” Bobby added

 

“Don’t judge my love for chicken.” Jisoo argued. 

 

“What about your love for me?” Bobby asked. I fake gagged at their little lovey dovey moment. 

 

“Alright I’m going, only because I can’t handle this.” I said and walked out. 

 

~~~~~

 

I entered the elevator and you would not believe who’s in here.. it was Nayeon! She smiled at me. I just entered and nodded my head at her.

 

“Which floor?” She asked. 

 

“1st floor.” I answered. I watched as she clicked the button and eyed her. 

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked. 

 

“Just visiting Bobby.” I said. She turned around to face me. 

 

“What? Is he okay?!” She sounded worried. Well I guess she’s friends with him since her and Hanbin dated... 

 

“Yeah he’s doing fine I’m actually getting him some more food.” I replied. 

 

“That’s a relief.. what is he here for?” 

Why is she talking to me? 

 

“He’s sick.” I lied. 

 

“Ahh... does Hanbin know about this?” She said bitting her lip.

 

“Yeah.. May I ask why you’re in here?” She looks completely fine?? 

 

“Oh I hurt my leg, I’m getting surgery tomorrow.” She smiled widely. What the ? Shouldn’t she be scared? 

 

“And you’re happy about that?” I let out a little chuckle. 

 

“Huh? Oh nooo. I’m happy because Hanbin is going to be here for me when I go into surgery and when I come out.” Well that stung... the elevator door finally stopped on the first floor and I walked out. 

 

“It was nice talking to you.” Nayeon smiled.

 

“Same.” I replied and faked a smile until the doors closed.

 

My phone vibrated, receiving a text message from Hanbin, speaking of that idiot. I rolled my eyes and unlocked my phone. 

 

H: What are our wearing to the Masquerade party? 

 

J: Something hot. 

 

Something very very hot. I was annoyed at the fact that Hanbin was going to see his EX girlfriend go into surgery. What was their relationship anyways? Does he still love her? 

 

H: you better not! 😒

 

J: why not? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend. 🤧

 

Maybe that was a little too much?.. I mean, it’s true though. He shouldn’t act like this if he’s not going to ask me out!. 

 

H: Ahh... right. Carry on then. 

 

He’s not going to fight it? Guess not.. I locked my phone and slipped it into my pocket. 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

*The Next Day*

 

“Next outfit!” The staff shouted. I put my coffee down and hurried towards Seunghoon handing him the outfit 

 

“Thank you.” He smiled warmly and walked into the changing room. What the heck was that? Who cares. I made my way back to the table and sat down. I received 3 messages from Hanbin 20 minutes ago but refused to answer. 

 

“Hey, do you want to go grab some ramen?” Taeyong asked. Ugh that sounds so good right now! I haven’t eaten all morning and could really use some food to stop my cranky mood.. 

 

“Yes please.” I answered. He smiled at me and signaled me to follow him. We left the room and entered the elevator. 

 

“You didn’t eat this morning?” Taeyong asked. 

 

“Nope so I’ve been sipping on coffee.” I replied. 

 

“I noticed. You were holding your stomach the whole time. I swear I even heard it growl.” He chuckled. , are you serious?! That’s embarrassing. My cheeks got hot. 

 

“I-it did?” I laughed nervously. The elevator stopped at our floor and he signaled me to get out first. Wow, what a Gentleman. I smiled before walking out. 

 

“Ramen is on me.”  He said and pulled out his wallet. 

 

“No it’s fine.” I denied. 

 

“#4 and #1 please.” Taeyong ordered. 

 

~~~~~

 

We sat at the table across from each other. I was tempted to answer Hanbin’s text but forced myself not to do it.

 

“Just do it.” Taeyong said. 

 

“Huh?” I replied.

 

“Why are you holding back? You can play on your phone. It’s just me and you.” He smiled. 

 

“Ahh...” I smiled back and picked my phone up. 

 

H: Goodmorning.

H: you’re awake right?

H: are you working? 

 

I can’t ignore him forever. I gave up in defeat and began typing. 

 

“Yeah I’m working. Hbu?” I clicked send and immediately received a reply back. Which shocked me. 

 

H: At the hospital with Bobby and Hanbyul. 

 

Is he lying to me right now? Shouldn’t he be with Nayeon? 

 

 

“Here you go” The waiter said. I locked my phone and placed it on the table. 

 

“Woah! This soup is no j..joke!” Taeyong said while coughing. I chuckled and was reminded of Hanbin when he ate the spicy bowl of ramen for me. What an idiot, he thought he could finish it. A smile formed on my face remembering it. 

 

“What are you so happy about? Do you like seeing me suffer?” Taeyong teased and sipped the cup of water. 

 

“N-no! I was just reminded of someone.” I replied. 

 

“The soup caught me off guard.” He chuckled.

 

“I can tell. You look like you’re crying. Are you okay?” I chuckled. 

 

“Y-yeah I’m fine.” His face was turning red from embarrassment. I noticed his face expression and he didn’t seem happy. 

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked. 

 

“Nothing.” He forced a smile but it was obvious he was lying. I sat my chopsticks down and folded my hands together.

 

“You don’t have to hide if you’re feeling angry or something.” I explained. 

 

“You caught me. I’m just mad at myself.” He admitted. 

 

“Why?” 

 

He let out a sigh before speaking. “I messed up Seunghoon’s project and I’m expecting to get scolded once we get back.” 

 

“Don’t be so hard on yourself. We’re all stressing out so it’s okay to make a mistake.” I said showing my gummy smile. 

 

“Trust me, I really messed up this time..” he said. Why was he so afraid? 

 

“Seunghoon has a short temper but you’re his cousin so I’m sure he’ll go easy on you.” I comforted. 

 

“Yeah, cousin.” He said and continued eating. 

 

~~~~~~

 

“What the hell?!!!!? You messed up the project?! I hired you for a reason!” Seunghoon yelled. I was only gone for 5 minutes and something happened? I walked towards the set and saw how frightened the staffs were. 

 

Taeyong on the other hand was on his knees. 

 

“I-I’m Sorry Seunghoon...” Taeyong said. Seunghoon ruffled his hair in frustration and grabbed Taeyong by the collar. I marched my way over there and pushed Seunghoon away from Taeyong. Everyone in the room gasped. Yeah that’s right, I pushed your precious Oppa!. 

 

I looked at Taeyong and all I could see was fear in his eyes. Then I looked back at Seunghoon who was shocked but seemed to be enjoying this. 

 

“Is this how you treat your cousin?!” I snapped. Everyone began gossiping. 

 

“Cousin?!” 

 

“No way?!” 

 

The staffs said. 

 

“When working he’s my manager, outside of work he’s my cousin.” Seunghoon explained. 

 

“Are you serious? You shouldn’t treat him this way! Regardless of what relationship you two hold!” I argued. Wow.. who would’ve thought Seunghoon, the top model of South Korea was such an ? 

 

He was slowly walking towards me until a figure stepped in front of me. 

 

“I’m sorry, it won’t happen again. I promise but please don’t fire Jennie she was just standing up for what she thought was right.” Taeyong explained. 

 

“Of course I won’t fire her. She’s the best stylist I ever had.” Seunghoon smirked. God I want to slap that off his face. 

 

“Get back to work! Taeyong shouted at the staff and faced me. 

 

“Thank you but I didn’t need that.” He said.

 

“You’re going to let him step all over you?” I scoffed 

 

“When working, I want to be treated as a manager. Outside of work is when he could treat me like his cousin. I’m a very professional guy.” Taeyong explained and walked away. So I basically just made myself look stupid? That’s what I get for trying to be nice. 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Hanbin entered Nayeon’s room with Hanbyul besides him. 

 

“She’s still on the medication so please don’t let her eat.” The Doctor explained and left. 

 

“Ohhh! Hi! My beautiful Hanbyul!” Nayeon said while giggling. 

 

“Oppa why is she talking like that?” Hanbyul asked.

 

“It’s the medicine.” Hanbin answered. 

 

“Hanbin?..” tears began rolling down her eyes. Hanbin answered his vibrating phone. 

 

“Hey.” Jennie said.

 

“I didn’t expect you to call, you never answered me back.” Hanbin said. 

 

“I know I was a little busy and a little mad..” Jennie admitted. 

 

“Mad why?” Hanbin asked. 

 

“Well Seung-“ 

 

“I love you Hanbin!” Nayeon said in the background. 

 

Jennie felt her heart ache at those words. The joy from her heart disappeared. She felt betrayed and failed. Tears filled up her eyes and slowly rolled down her face. With that, she hung up the phone. 

 

“Jennie? Jennie?” Hanbin asked. He turned around to see Nayeon crying. 

 

“I love you Hanbin... I always have.” Nayeon said. 

 

“It’s just the medicine.” Hanbin explained. 

 

“No it’s not. I’m serious... I still love you. The day I broke up with you... I couldn’t stop thinking about you, I couldn’t stop crying but I felt as if I had no right to feel this way.” Nayeon explained. Hanbin didn’t know what to say. He was too shocked to even answer her but he was worried about Jennie. He knew she must’ve heard Nayeon. 

 

“Calm down Nayeon. You need to sleep.” Hanbin said covering her with the blanket. 

 

~~~~~

 

“Do you want to go drink with me?” Jennie asked. Taeyong eyes widened.

 

“Uh sure?” He could use some alcohol to ease the stress. 

 

“Great. Let’s go then.” Jennie smiled. 

 

~~~~

 

Jennie was on her 10th shot, pouring another drink. Taeyong has only drank 5 out of the 10. He was worried about Jennie so decided to stop. 

 

“Don’t you think you’ve past your limit?” Taeyong asked. Jennie smiled at him. For some reason he felt flustered at the moment and his heart was beating fast. 

 

“Not even close!” Jennie said and downed the shot she poured. Taeyong chuckled at her cuteness. He smiled at her. He never really had anyone who thought of him as someone important.. what Jennie did earlier made him feel special and he wanted to thank her for it. 

 

“I love this song! Ahjumma! Can you make it louder!?” Jennie asked. The ahjumma chuckled and made the speakers louder. 

 

Taeyong reached over the table and grabbed the bottle of Soju from Jennie’s hands. 

 

“I think that’s enough for tonight.” Taeyong said. 

 

 

“No way!” Jennie got up from the table leaning towards the ground. Taeyong quickly got up and used his arm to grabbed her from falling. Jennie smiled and began bopping her head to the music. She added some sloppy footwork that made Taeyong burst out in laughter. 

 

“SEE U LATER BOY.. SEE YOU LATER LATER!” Jennie shouted at the top of her lungs, slurring the words. 

 

“Hey, I think we should get going.” Taeyong chuckled. 

 

“Nope!” Jennie said and sat back down at the table. She poured herself another drink and downed it.

 

“If you like someone you should ask them out!... Hanbi-.... I mean people! Are sooo d-dumb!” Jennie stated. 

 

“Some people don’t have the courage to.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Who cares?! You like them.. then you like them..!” Jennie shouted before banging her head against the table.

 

“J-Jennie!” Taeyong reached his hand over the table tapping on her. “Wake up.” He added but she didn’t respond. Her phone was ringing. 

 

Taeyong picked it up and the caller ID was labeled “cardboard chest” causing him to chuckle. 

 

“Woah you’re creative with clothing and names.” Taeyong said before answering the phone.

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Who’s this?” Hanbin asked in a cold tone. 

 

“Taeyong.” 

 

“What are you doing with her? Where is she?” Hanbin’s temper began rising. How could she be out with another guy?! At this time?? 

 

“Well, she’s kind of sleeping. I could send you the address and you could pick her up. She’s really drunk.” Taeyong explained. 

 

“Send it.” Hanbin said before hanging up.

 

~~~~~

 

 

Hanbin rushed into the restaurant and saw Taeyong waving his hand up. He quickly made his way towards their table and saw Jennie. There was 2 empty bottles of Soju and a cup that was still filled up. Hanbin wrapped her arm around his shoulders and pulled her up. 

 

“Do you need help?” Taeyong offered. 

 

“I can do it myself.” Hanbin said and carried Jennie, bridal style. 

 

~~~~~

 

Hanbin carefully placed Jennie in the passenger seat. Not wanting to hit her head. He buckled her seat belt and closed the door. 

 

Finally, he entered the car and started the engine. Before driving he took a glance at Jennie. Her face was flushed and her hair was a bit messy but Hanbin still found her beautiful. 

 

“Yah, how dare you go get drunk with another man.” Hanbin scolded. Jennie began moving around in the seat. 

 

“Taeyong! Do you hear Hanbin? Or is it just me? Tell that bastard to go away!” Jennie cursed. Hanbin looked at her in disbelief.

 

“B-bastard?!?” Hanbin said. 

 

“Tell him to go away... if he’s just gonna hurt me!” Jennie said before falling back to sleep. 

 

“Hurt you? Jennie I would never-“ Hanbin ruffled his hair in frustration when he remembered what Nayeon said. He turned up the heat to keep Jennie warm and continued driving. Is that why she drank so much? Damn it Jennie.. Hanbin thought. 

 

~~~~~

 

Hanbin closed the door behind him and it automatically locked. He carried Jennie in his arms and went into his room. Since the hideout was still a mess and Hanbin didn’t know the code to their dorm he brought Jennie to his house. 

 

Gently, Hanbin laid Jennie on his bed and took off her shoes. He covered her body with the blankets and folded some strains of hair behind her ear. Revealing her beautiful face. Hanbin caressed her face and felt her dumpling like cheek. Which caused him to chuckle.

 

“Mandu.” He smiled and leaned in closer giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

 

~~~~~