Stranger on a Trip

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung didn't have the heart to end the life inside her and Sehun was more than happy when Sooyoung informed that she was going to keep their child.

Sehun looked at her with a satisfying smile and embraced her lovingly.

" Thank you...", He kissed her softly.

She loved her career but she also loved Sehun more than that. She cried out holding him and Sehun promised himself to never let go of his precious Sooyoung.

The couple decided to keep the news a secret for a while. Sooyoung was not ready to face the media yet. They chose to announce the wedding news  first.

Apart from the Park family, Kim family and Sooyoung's family doctor and her manager no one knew about the pregnancy.

 

" Side-effects of falling in love....", Kai teased Sehun for two continuous weeks and Sehun was really embarrassed. 

Irene can't believe that she was going to be an aunt soon. One of her Quads was going to be a parent, and the most depressing part was that she was still single.



 

       

 

Shindong and Sunkyu were worried about Wendy's return in few weeks because they feared Wendy's relationship with Chanyeol.

"I sent Wendy far so that she would forget him. But both are still in contact", Shindong was angry.

" After coming back she will go after him again. Chanyeol this... Chanyeol that... I can't take that", He crushed the paper in his hand.

"Honey, Let us talk to her when she comes back", His wife tired to calm him down.

"You think our daughter would listen? She will get more stubborn. And what if she wants to marry that man!?!", Shindong snapped at his wife.

"Ohh god!... We can't let that happen. Our status is completely different", Sunkyu exclaimed.

"I'm going to talk to Chanyeol ", Shindong made a plan.


 

 
 

Chanyeol received a call from Wendy's father one day that he would like to meet him. At first he was surprised but couldn't deny his request. He went to Mr. Son's main office.

They purposely made him wait for two hours. Chanyeol waited patiently and finally he was called into Shindong's room.

"Hello sir", Chanyeol politely bowed.

CEO Shindong didn't smile, " Take a seat", It seemed like an order.

Chanyeol quietly sat down with a growing discomfort in his heart.

"I am a straight forward person. So I'm getting to the point Mr. Chanyeol. Do you love my daughter Wendy?", Shindong questioned.

Chanyeol was completely shocked and his eyes went wide.

" Yes sir. I do love her ", Chanyeol confessed.

"I'm sorry to say this Mr. Chanyeol but I want you to stay away from my daughter", Shindong's tone was serious.

"W-Why? I mean...Wendy loves me too", Chanyeol stuttered.

" That's the very reason why I wanted to talk to you. I don't approve your relationship. So don't even think about dating or marrying my daughter", Shindong gave him an robotic look.

Chanyeol was furious at the old man's words. He didn't confess his love yet but he didn't expect that her father would protest.

" I truly love her and I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I don't understand why you dislike me", Chanyeol was still confused.

" Isn't it obvious? Think about your status . I know about men like you. You trapped my daughter in the name of love and want to marry her so that you can get hold of our wealth ", He glared at Chanyeol accusingly.

Chanyeol boiled with rage and closed his fists. He wanted to punch him right in the face.

" I don't want your stupid money. I love Wendy not her money nor properties ", Chanyeol raised his voice.

" Let's just assume that what you say is true. But love is not enough to live Chanyeol", Shindong snapped.

"Wendy is a daughter of a millionaire. What about you? You are a son of a mere government employee".

Chanyeol stared into his eyes.

" Don't get me wrong. I did some background check on your family. Your father is a respected man and you do belong to a decent upper class family. But can you match with us, millionaries ?" Shindong mocked again.

"And you are just a prosecutor!? My daily income is equal to your monthly income".

Chanyeol was furious but he stayed calm because whatever Shindong spoke was true.

"Wendy would never think like that. She is not a money person. I respect her for that".

" That is a bad quality of my daughter. But back to the discussion, when Wendy comes back tell her that you don't want to be with her anymore", Shindong ordered.

Chanyeol was furious," I really love Wendy and I don't need your permission".

" Chanyeol just think about it. I'm capable of doing a lot of things...Your respectable father might get arrested for corruption. Your detective brother might not return home one night and your reporter brother might be removed from his job for reporting false news and that sickly sister of yours , who just became a doctor might kill her patient by administering a wrong medication. And your mother...-", Shindong was still talking when Chanyeol fumed up and banged his fists on the table.

"Enough!!... Stop it", He yelled.

" Those are only few possibilities and assumptions. If you do not agree to what I say, those things might happen for real. So don't make me the bad guy Chanyeol. I'm leaving it to you", Shindong gave a proud and evil grin.

"You bastard...", Chanyeol held Shindong's collar.
"Well...a public prosecutor might be sacked from his job for manipulation of a case. I can make it happen. Don't underestimate me ", He backed away from Chanyeol's hand.

"Don't you dare touch my family", He shouted.

" No need to get so worked up. We can always make a deal... I won't do anything to your family, if you agree to what I say."

Chanyeol already know what he would choose. He loved Wendy but her father is threatening to destroy his entire family. He couldn't let that happen.

 I'm so sorry Wendy,  tears rolled in his eyes.

Chanyeol tightly closed his eyes and after a long sigh he spoke out.

"Fine. I will stay away from Wendy. So don't touch my family".

"That's good to hear. And I don't want you to tell Wendy about our little talk session", Shindong warned.

"I won't"

"When she meets you don't give her any positive hopes. Remember my warnings".

Chanyeol nodded and stromed out of his office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was in pain as he have to let Wendy go. He decided to give up because he treasured his family the most.

Junmyeon and Eunji worked hard to make a happy living and all of his siblings studied with all their might to settle well.

After meeting Shindong, Chanyeol was devastated.
He wanted to forget the pain in his heart but he couldn't go home. Not in that state. He was angry at himself and wanted his alone time.

He drove his car around the city not knowing where he was going. He saw a bar and stepped into it. Alcohol was the best solution, Chanyeol opted.

He drank and drank and his body was out of control. He got calls from his mother and father as it was past the midnight. But he didn't pick up.
And after few more shots, Chanyeol passed out.

The waiter took his ringing phone and informed his family about their location.

Sehun and Kai immediately went to the bar and brought Chanyeol back home.

When Chanyeol woke up that next morning he was in a hangover. His head was heavy and it ached alot. His family were in his room and he regretted wasting away that previous night.

" I haven't seen you drink like this...", Eunji nuzzled his ear.

" What happened son?" Junmyeon gently placed a hand on his forehead.

" Due to work stress. My work has lot of pressure than expected", Chanyeol had to lie.

" Is it really just that??" Eunji knew there was more to it.

Chanyeol nodded.

" Then take leave for two days. Spend time with me", Eunji held his hand and he agreed.He was in no state to work anyway.

Kai was skeptical about this.

Last night when he tucked Chanyeol to bed, he heard the elder mumble  I'm sooorry and Kai might have heard Wendy's name too!. He was not sure but he chose not to tell anyone. Maybe it was not because of Wendy.





 

After a three day rest, Chanyeol was back to normal. He thought he acted well.

Eunji observed that Chanyeol smiled like the usual, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes.

In fact, all the Quadruplets felt that Chanyeol was a bit off, though they were not been able to pinpoint why.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter