Chapter 7

Reading Writing Romance

Junho

While Chansung unpacked the groceries and got the kitchen ready to make the pizza, Jay showed Junho around their apartment. Even though he'd been there just last night, the apartment felt different, more alive, with Jay there.

"And this is my room, Lee-sunsengnim." Jay flipped on the light and ran inside to jump on his bed.

Where the rest of the house was neat as a pin, Jay's room looked like a tornado hit it. Dinosaur and dragon figurines were strewn all over the floor, along with tiny Lego bricks, a dangerous-looking gauntlet for a bare-footed adult to run in the middle of the night "This is a great room, Jay."

The little boy nodded and bounced off the bed "Daddy says when we buy our own house I can paint my room any color I want."

Junho looked around at the boring white-washed brick walls. Jay more than made up for not being able to paint his room by hanging colorful posters. There were a couple of T-Rex posters along with a poster of a basket filled with different colored lab puppies. Junho would hazard to guess that Jay would be getting a puppy of his own when the time came for the Hwangs to buy a house.

His heart pinched in his chest while he offered a silent prayer that all of Chansung's dreams for his future with his son would come true. One of the things he wanted to talk to Chansung about when Jay went to bed was where things stood with the custody situation. He knew Chansung was supposed to go see his parents today to explain the situation to them.

"Okay guys! Who's ready to make pizza?" Chansung called from the kitchen.

"I am!" Jay yelled and sprinted out of his room.

Junho hauled himself up from the floor and headed toward the kitchen. He could hear the Hwang men laughing together. When he rounded the corner he saw why. Jay and Chansung were wearing oversized white chef hats "Well hey there, Chef Boyardee and Chef Man-ardee!" Junho burst out laughing and reached into his back pocket for his phone to take a couple quick snaps of father and son together.

"Funny!" Chansung laughed along with him "I wish we had a hat for you, Junho."

"Next time." he wished the same thing. Being here with Chansung and Jay felt right, like this is where he was meant to be. 

"Did everyone wash their hands?" Chansung the faucet and grabbed the bottle of hand soap.

"Nope!" Jay crowed, sticking his hands under the water.

"That would be a no for me too." Junho wetted his hands, watching as Chansung squirted a dollop of soap into Jay's hands, rubbing them over with his own to get them soapy. He held his hands open for Chansung to give him a squirt of the vanilla scented soap.

Chansung grinned at Junho across the sink while he scrubbed Junho's hands.

A bolt of electricity shot through Junho's body as Chansung continued to wash his already clean hands. He couldn't help staring at Chansung's large hands as they continued to glide over his own. A shiver tore through his already hyper-aroused body. If this is what it felt like to feel Chansung touch him, he never wanted this feeling to stop.

"Boy, you must be really dirty, Lee-sunsengnim." Jay grinned as he wiped his hands on a dish towel.

Chansung snorted and dropped Junho's hands.

Junho cleared his throat while his brain scrambled for what to say "Well, I held Spot the leopard gecko and I wanted my hands to be extra clean." he blushed when Chansung winked at him over Jay's head "How do we start, Jay?" 

"You never made pizza before?" Jay looked stunned.

"Nope!" Junho laughed, using one of Jay's favorite words.

"Well..." Jay said, sounding confident "...the first step is to stretch the pizza dough." the little boy made a stretching motion, pulling both hands apart.

"Can you show me how to do it?" Junho grinned at Chansung.

Jay nodded and Chansung handed him the dough.

Junho's eyes darted back and forth between Jay and Chansung who wore a proud look on his face.

"We were watching a kid's cooking show on the Food Network last year. One of the contestants made pizza and Jay asked if we could do it too." Chansung smiled at his son "After that first night, making pizza together is one of our favorite things to do as a family."

Junho could see the emotions flashing past in Chansung's brown eyes. He knew exactly what his friend was thinking, that this could very well be one of the last times he and Jay would ever make pizza together "I'm honored that you invited me to join you."

"I'm glad you're here, Lee-sunsengnim." Jay grinned, handing the dough back to his father who started twirling it around on his finger "I've got lots of questions to ask you." 

Chansung burst out laughing and set the stretched dough down on the pizza pan "Junho, why don't you spread the dough out to fit the pan?"

"Really?" Junho's eyes grew wide "That sounds like a really important job. Jay, can you show me what I need to do?" Junho stepped up to the counter and pushed his sleeves up.

"Sure. All you gotta do is spread out the dough so it covers the whole pan, but'cha can't go over the sides."

"Okay, that sounds simple enough." Junho followed Jay's instructions, spreading the dough out and rolling the edges over a bit to make a crust "How did I do?"

"You did awesome!" Jay held up his hand for a high-five.

Junho smacked their palms together and did the same with Chansung, who wrapped his fingers around Junho's and gave his hand a brief squeeze before letting him go. He could feel his whole hand tingle from Chansung's touch.

"Time for the sauce, Daddy?" Jay bent over the pizza, an eager look on his face.

"Sure is!" Chansung dumped a bit of sauce in the center of the dough and handed Jay a wide spoon. 

Junho watched the little boy spread out the sauce. Jay's tongue moved across his lips as he moved his arm around in a circular motion, coating the entire surface of the pizza.

"Time for the best part, Lee-sunsengnim!" Jay handed the spoon back to his father and clapped his hands.

"Oh, it's time to go in the oven?" Junho winked at Chansung.

"Noooo!" Jay whined, putting his little face in his hands "Toppings!"

Chansung burst out laughing and pulled open the zip-lock top of the cheese bag before he handed it to Jay who upended the entire bag of cheese into the center of the pizza.

"Why did you do that buddy? I thought you liked to spread the cheese around in a circle." Chansung looked confused.

"Yeah, but now we all can spread the cheese. Right, Lee-sunsengnim?" the look on Jay's face was pure adoration.

 

svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg

 

Chansung

The pizza had been absolutely delicious. Junho had raved over it all through dinner. Chansung couldn't help smiling when Jay told him that the reason it tasted so yummy was because he'd made it with his own two hands. He had told Jay the exact same thing the first time they'd made pizza together. 

All through making and then eating the pizza, Chansung hadn't been able to shake the feeling that the three of them together made a perfect family. He'd allowed his mind to wander over that very topic as Jay and Junho told him about their day at school.

As usual, Jay was full of enthusiasm about what Junho had taught the class, but listening to Junho's bubbly level of excitement was contagious as he told the counter-point to Jay's tale of the day.

Instead of feeling jealous when Jay gushed over his teacher, Chansung's chest filled with a warm feeling. It was obvious that both Jay and Junho were crazy about each other. Junho provided Jay with things Chansung couldn't give him, just like a parent would, like Jae should, if she weren't such a selfish .

Shaking his head, Chansung pulled the covers of Jay's bed up to his chin, just like his son loved. He'd bet his bottom won that Jae didn't know, or worse, didn't care how Jay liked to fall asleep. With Junho out in the living room waiting for him, he didn't want to sour his mood with thoughts of his ex-wife and her plans to take his son half the globe away from him.

"What are you and Lee-sunsengnim gonna do? Play with my dinosaurs?" Jay asked on a yawn.

Chansung snorted "No, buddy. We're gonna make some tea and talk about grown up things for a while."

"Boring!" Jay yawned again, looking like a baby lion cub.

"Well, then it's a good thing it's your bed time then." Chansung bent low to press a kiss to Jay's forehead "Love you, little Rex."

"Love you more, dinosaur." Jay said on another yawn, as he snuggled deeper into his covers.

Chansung kissed his son again and stepped carefully around the minefield that was Jay's bedroom floor. He closed the door half-way and took a deep breath. Junho was waiting for him and he was anxious to get back to his guest.

He walked down the hall toward the living room and noticed instantly that Junho wasn't sitting on the sofa where Chansung had left him. Had he snuck out while Chansung was tucking his son into bed?

"Oh, hey." Junho said, a blush staining his cheeks. He was sitting in Chansung's reading chair across the living room with an open picture album on his lap "I should have asked if it was okay to look at this. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snoop."

Chansung shook his head. He'd never met another man before who was as interested in his son as Junho was. All of the men he'd dated or thought about getting serious about treated Jay like a nuisance, all of them with the exception of Junho. The album he was holding was the one that covered the first few months of Jay's life "Don't apologize." 

Nash nodded and went back to looking at the album "This picture is my favorite so far." Junho turned the album around to show Chansung.

Chansung crossed his arms over his broad chest and smiled. It was one of his favorite pictures too. He was sitting in the rocking chair in Jay's nursery with his infant son tucked into the crook of his arm. In his other hand was a battered copy of Goodnight Moon "That book was mine from when I was a little boy." Chansung crossed the room to sit down on the ottoman in front of Junho "At Jea's baby shower, my mother had a gift for me."

"Books?" Junho asked, seeming to read Chansung's mind.

"Yeah. Most of them were brand new copies, but Goodnight Moon was an heirloom of sorts." Chansung shrugged, not sure he wanted Junho to see the more sentimental side of him. He wasn't opposed to Junho seeing the side of him, but he'd hold back on the emotional side of things for a while longer.

"You're an amazing father, Chansung. All of these pictures show it, live and in living color. There's no way that any judge in the world could take Jay away from you based on these pictures alone. It's a shame though, for Jay's sake, that you took out all of the pics of Jae." Junho wore a sad look.

"I didn't. There aren't any pictures of Jae and Jay. At least not many. She never wanted to be a mother." Chansung got up and walked away from Junho. This wasn't exactly how he pictured their night alone going.

Junho hummed under his breath "So then why is she hell-bent on taking him away from you?"

"Revenge." Chansung said simply "Getting pregnant ruined her life and her ability to become a journalist like Diane Sawyer. She always blamed me for that. Then lump in the fact that I'm gay and used her to cover that fact up..." if Chansung didn't want to talk about Jae's lack of motherly instincts, he sure as didn't want to talk about the role he played in that situation.

From behind him, Chansung heard Junho set the album down and get up from the chair. A moment later, he felt Junho's hands curling around the back of his arms "No matter what happened in your past, you're one hell of a man, Hwang Chansung."

Chansung could feel Junho's soft, warm breath against the back of his neck. He took half a step backwards, brining his back into contact with Junho's stacked chest "You're one hell of a man too, Lee Junho."

Junho chuckled under his breath while dropping his hands away from Chansung's warm skin.

Chansung instantly missed the contact between them. He wanted Junho's magical hands back on his skin, but didn't want to beg for it and sound needy. He didn't have long to wait. While he was sulking in his head, Junho had stepped around him so they were now facing each other.

Not wanting to waste another second, Chansung shoved his hands into the front pockets of Junho's dark jeans and pulled the other man flush against him. He could feel the heat of Junho's chest bleeding into his own.

Junho locked eyes with Chansung, a slight smile quirking his full lips "You gonna kiss me or what?" his voice was low and husky with apparent need.

Chansung fisted his hands tighter in the fabric lining of Junho's jeans and his lips.

Junho wrapped his arms around Chansung's broad shoulders and mimicked his movements, his tongue slowly sliding over his own lips.

Chansung was sure he was going to die if he didn't taste Junho in the next few seconds, but he couldn't help enjoying the long, slow build-up. His was waking up in his pants as Junho continued to stare at him like he was a bronzed god.

Seeming content to wait Chansung out, Junho carded a hand through the silky blond strands of hair at the nape of Chansung's neck, his lips curving into a smile when Chansung shivered under his touch.

Bending his head forward, Chansung could feel Junho's breath whispering across his lips. His entire body was screaming for him to just kiss Junho already. Pressing forward, his lips glided over Junho's memorizing the feel of his lips instantly. Both men moaned in concert.

Junho twined his arms more tightly around Chansung's neck, but pulled their lips apart "Finally." he whispered before kissing Chansung himself. 

Finally indeed... Kissing Junho was overwhelming his senses. Chansung could smell the spicy aftershave that he must have used that morning. Junho tasted like heaven and oregano from the pizza. He grinned against his friend's lips. 

"What's so funny? Junho asked breathlessly.

"You taste like oregano." Chansung could feel a blush blooming over his face. 

"Is that good or bad?" Junho asked uncertainly. 

"It's good. Everything about you is good." Chansung meant it. He'd fantasized for weeks now about what it would feel like to taste Junho and now that he knew, Chansung never wanted to stop kissing him.