Epilogue

Reading Writing Romance

Christmas Day…

Junho had been awake in his bed for an hour listening to Chansung softly snore. He was wrapped around his lover from behind, his face resting against Chansung's shoulder.

After the late night they'd had putting Jay's toys together and then making love beside the Christmas tree, he knew his lover needed all the sleep he could get.

Over the last two months or so since the custody hearing, Chansung and Jay had been spending a lot of time at Junho's two bedroom house. Over the Thanksgiving break, Junho and Jay had redecorated the spare bedroom into a dinosaur haven.

He and Jay painted the walls a sage green color and then added T-Rex vinyl decals to the wall next to Jay's new bed. There was a giant Triceratops decal on the opposite wall with some smaller dinosaurs alongside him. 

The final touch to Jay's new room was a small desk with a terrarium housing a leopard gecko of his own. Jay had predictably named the little lizard Rex.

Junho felt Chansung shift beside him and knew his lover was starting to wake up. Part of the reason he couldn't sleep was that he had two really big presents under the Christmas tree, one for Jay and one for Chansung that were more important than the rest of the wrapped gifts under the tree.

The gifts had been a no-brainer really, something he should have given to the Hwang men a long time ago.

"Merry Christmas." Chansung whispered sleepily.

Junho wrapped his left arm tighter around Chansung's torso, snaking his hand up Chansung's chest "Merry Christmas, handsome."

"It would be a lot more merry if your hand was traveling south..."

Junho burst out laughing before obeying Chansung's suggestion. He wanted today to be as merry as possible.

"Are you two kissing in there?" Jay's outraged voice shouted from the other side of the bedroom door.

"No!" Junho shouted. 

"Yes!" Chansung yelled right back.

Jay opened the door "It's opening presents time. You can have kissing time later. Ick, kissing!" Jay climbed up on the bed dressed in a pair of T-Rex pajamas that Junho had let him open last night when they'd gotten back from a Christmas Eve party at Chansung's parents' house.

"Do you think it's opening presents time?" Chansung turned to Junho.

Junho shrugged "I don't know. Jay didn't even wish us a Merry Christmas."

Jay rolled his eyes "Merry Christmas Daddy and Junho. Now let's go see if Santa came!" Jay grabbed one of Chansung and Junho's hands and pulled hard.

"Okay." Junho agreed, pulling Jay forward until the little boy landed between them "But I want kisses first."

"No!" Jay shouted, trying to pull away. He was already starting to laugh.

Junho peppered the little boy's head with kisses while Jay howled with laughter "There, now we can go see if Santa came."

Both men got out of bed and grabbed for their shirts. An old Red Sox tee for Junho and a shirt that read, Librarians Do It By The Book, for Chansung.

Jay ran ahead of them down the hall, stopping short when he got to the living room "Holy macaroni! Santa came! He came!" Running back down the hall, Jay grabbed their hands and started tugging both men along "Guys, you gotta see this."

Junho started laughing and let Jay drag him down the hall. He looked over at Chansung who dropped him a y wink "Wow!" Junho's mouth dropped open when he saw all the presents stacked around the Christmas tree. It looked exactly like it had last night when he and Chansung had gone to bed, but he wanted it to be magical for Jay "Santa really did come!"

"Did you think he wouldn't?" Chansung asked with a smirk "I thought you were exceptionally good last night." Chansung waggled his eyebrows.

"You gotta be good for more than one day, Daddy!" Jay rolled his eyes "Look, Junho! Santa ate our cookies!" Jay raced to the table where all that was left of the Christmas M&M cookies he'd left for Santa were crumbs.

Junho had never been much of a baker, but he and Jay had given it a shot yesterday morning while Chansung worked a shortened Christmas Eve shift at the library. For the most part, the cookies had come out perfectly. The exception being the batch Junho forgot to time. He and Jay had been so busy making homemade Christmas cards to hand out at the party, that they'd forgotten the cookies until the smell of burned sugar filled the kitchen.

"He sure did, buddy." Chansung ruffled a hand through Jay's bed head. Chansung picked up a square present wrapped with snowman paper with a card attached to it "This is a very special present. Why don't you open this one first?"

Jay took the box from Chansung and shook it before sitting down on the floor in front of the tree.

"Hold everything!" Junho wailed, running into the kitchen for his phone "We can't start Christmas until we get a family picture." Junho sat down on the other side of Chansung, in front of the brightly lit tree, with Jay between them "Say, 'Merry Christmas!'" Junho held the phone up high to capture them and the huge stack of presents under the tree.

"Merry Christmas!" Jay and Chansung shouted together.

"Okay, now Jay can open his special present." Junho turned around to snap pictures of Jay with the gift.

"Who does the tag say it's from?" Chansung grinned at Junho.

"It says, 'To Jay, from Mommy! It's from Mommy!" Jay's smile lit up the room. He snatched the card off the wrapping paper and tore into it. 

Junho had been pleasantly surprised when Jea had gone to rehab the week after the custody hearing. Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul had been true to his word and had been able to get her a spot in the residential treatment facility in Texas.

What had surprised Junho more was how well she was doing there. Jea wrote Jay emails several times a week and had started sending him cards and drawings through the mail when she learned how much he loved getting mail. They had even started Skyping once a week on Sunday nights.

"Look its Mommy on the beach!" Jay turned around the picture card to show Junho and Chansung "Can we hang it on the 'friderator?"

"We sure can!" Junho took the picture from Jay. It was Jea standing knee-deep in the bright blue water. She was smiling and looked like she'd gained a bit of weight. Before she'd left for Texas, she was way too thin and gaunt. She looked like the picture of health now.

Jay ripped the paper off the present to find a remote control T-Rex "WOW!" Jay held up the present with a huge smile on his face while Junho kept snapping pictures.

"We'll have to write your Mom a nice thank you letter, huh?" Chansung hugged his little boy.

"I miss her." Jay said with a sad smile. 

It still amazed Junho that the little boy had such a big heart, while Junho, on the other hand, didn't forgive Jea for letting her ex-fiancé hurt Jay. He didn't know if he ever would "I know you do, but we'll see her soon." Junho had no idea when they'd see Jea again, but Jay always seemed pacified when he used the word "soon".

"We'll take this out of the box later and figure out how it works, okay?" Chansung set the dino on the coffee table.

"Okay. I love my Rex."

Junho laughed and reached for his two special presents. He had originally wanted to save those presents until last, but now his excitement was getting the best of him "Jay, why don't you and Daddy open these presents together?" he handed each of them a small box. Thankfully Narsha had two Alex and Ani bracelet boxes to give him when he told her his plan. His presents fit perfectly inside each box.

Jay shook the box, his eyes lighting up when he heard something shaking around inside "Ready? Go!" he shouted, tearing off the paper "An Alex and Andy box! Oh, man..."

Junho couldn't help laughing. Jay was hilarious. He turned to Chansung who was wearing an equally stunned look on his face "They're just boxes. I didn't get you bracelets. Open them up!"

Jay pulled the black box top off and squealed at the plastic T-Rex inside "Daddy look!" Jay held up the dinosaur seemingly oblivious to what was attached to it.

Chansung on the other hand was sitting with a hand over his mouth. He was holding a Patriots key chain with a shiny silver key dangling from it "Is this what I think it is?" Chansung asked breathlessly.

This was the exact reaction he'd hoped to get "What do you think it is?"

"It's the key to your house."

Junho shook his head "Wrong, it's the key to our house."

"Our house?" Chansung looked stunned.

"I want you and Jay to move in with me so we can be a family all the time." Junho held his breath. He knew Chansung would leap at the opportunity to get out of that tiny apartment with no on-street parking and uneven floorboards.

"What do you think, Jay? Do you think we should move in with Junho?"

"Yup!" Jay crowed, throwing himself into Junho's lap, the T-Rex keychain clutched tightly in his hand "Can we give Junho my special present now?" Jay was nodding his head so hard, his hair was flying around his head. 

Chansung smiled and twisted around, grabbing a rectangular present wrapped in a foil paper with holly on it. He handed it to Jay who was still sitting in Junho's lap.

Jay looked up at Junho "This is a very special present. The most specialist one ever!" Jay's eyes glowed with happiness.

Junho shot Chansung a curious look.

"Don't look at me! Open it up!" Chansung was all smiles.

"Okay!" Junho tore off the paper to find a white dress shirt box "WOW! I always wanted a white box!"

Jay shook his head laughing "No, Junho, the present is IN the box!"

"Oh, right! In the box." Junho pulled the lid off and pushed aside the white tissue paper to find a black t-shirt with white lettering that read, Bestest Daddy Ever. Beneath the lettering were small lime green handprints he assumed were Jay's "I- Chansung, what?" Junho's head was spinning.

"Will you be my Daddy, Junho?" Jay looked like he was about to bounce out of his skin.

"And my husband?" in Chansung's hand was a black velvet ring box, opened to reveal a shiny platinum band. 

"I'm blown away." Junho's hand fluttered against his chest. The man he loved more than his next breath wanted him to be his husband, while Jay wanted him to be his Daddy. It was too much.

"I didn't hear Junho say yes. Did you Daddy?" Jay swiveled his head back and forth between Junho and Chansung.

"I didn't hear him say yes either, buddy." Chansung leaned forward to brush a kiss against Junho's lips "Marry me, Junho."

"Marry us, Junho!" Jay chimed in "Pleeease!"

A swell of love burst over Junho. He'd known for a while now that he was part of Chansung and Jay's family, but this took things to an entirely different level. He figured the first step was for them all to live together, but apparently Chansung had another, bigger step in mind "Yes! I'll marry both of you!"

Jay watched patiently while Chansung slipped the ring out of the box and onto Junho's finger.

"Perfect fit." Chansung grinned at his husband-to-be "Is it okay if I kiss him now, Jay?"

Jay sighed dramatically, hopping out of Junho's lap "Okay, but hurry it up, we've got presents to unwrap."

When Chansung's lips met his, Junho knew in his heart he'd gotten the bestest present of all: a family of his own.

 

The End?