Baek's Missing

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had been through all off Hyeran’s notes in her study and decided to donate her books to a community centre. The rest of her notes he thought to hand over to the university she studied at. Maybe they would find it useful in their lecturing.

“Don’t give that one away,”

He screamed, falling over a box and landing on his . Hyeran sat on the sideboard, her legs dangling over the edge, “You know it’s my favourite.”

“It does look pretty well-read.” Kris agreed. He picked up the book in question and flipped through it.

“Yah Lee Baekhyun are you so eager to be single? Do you have someone you want to move in here?”

Baekhyun covered his ears and shut his eyes. After counting to a hundred, he opened his eyes cautiously. The room was empty. He leapt up. That was ing it. He grabbed a bag and started throwing clothes into it. He left the apartment in a haste and bumped into Namjoon on his way to the elevator. “I was just coming to check if you wanted to join your parents for dinner.”

“No thank you!” Baekhyun pressed the button for the elevator.
“Baek!” Namjoon was alarmed, “You can’t leave!”

“Watch me!” Baekhyun got onto the elevator. He felt much better when the doors closed.

***

Sehun hesitated when the call from his mother came through, “Nae Omma?”

“your brother is missing…” his mother sounded uncharacteristically panicked.

“Is it Kai?” Sehun sounded hopeful

“Yaaaahh...” her voice was shaky, “please darling. His phone is off and the cameras in the building and surrounding area lose him somewhere by the park...The drivers are out checking his favourite spots and your father went to the Lee Estate in case he’s there.”

Sehun crossed to the window and looked out at the lawns of the Woo Estate. Gaelin tried to catch her breath, “Normally, I wouldn’t care. He’s a grown man but his wife just died and…” his mother trailed off.

“Leave it to me.” Sehun said quietly, “Omma?”

“Yes…”

“Don’t worry anymore.”

“Thank you, darling.” She sounded a little better already. Sehun sat on the windowsill while he phoned Kyungsoo. He held up a finger for September to be quiet and took a deep breath and held it, “Hyung!” he breathed out fast when Kyungsoo answered, “Hyung -you…” he was out of breath now. 

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo was immediately concerned and expected the worst.

“It’s Baek…he’s missing. No one knows where he is. I’m checking his favourite spots…” 

“I’ll also help.” Kyungsoo offered.

Sehun sighed with relief, “Hyung spent some time with Baek recently. Did he mention anything? Is there something he was interested in…I’m trying to think of everything?”

“I’ll let you know if I find him first.” Kyungsoo hung up.

Sehun shrugged and continued to look out the window. He watched Baekhyun run across the lawns of the Woo Estate. Baekhyun has on Kris’ favourite robe and had two bottles of champ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter