Miracles in December Part 1 - (Flashback)

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Hi Everyone, I thought to write some Christmas themed stories. They are based at various times of the character's lives and linked to the current plot in GQ3. The stories might provide some background info on the characters and cute moments not included in the main storyline.

Stories are told from multiple POVs

Hope you enjoy them. 

Christmas at Oakland - FLASHBACK

Christmas was Haneul's favourite time of year. What’s not to love? The decorations, warm chocolaty drinks, Christmas buffets, snuggling up to the fireplace with a good romance novel…oh and the snow! She loved it all, but most of all, she loved the feeling that anything was possible.

Her parents fell in love in December and she would never admit this out loud but she'd always wanted to fall in love too! To kiss a boy in the snow…like the final scene of He Was Cool, when the heroine runs out of her final exams and…

“Yah! Park Haneul!” The math teacher whacked his stick across her desk.

*

Haneul came out of her daydream with a yelp.

A group of girls snickered, others looked bored, some were happy for the interruption and turned to each other to chat.

When the bell rang, she was off her chair, stuffing her books into her bag.

“Hey freak, why do you carry that stupid bag around? The aliens aren’t going to steal your precious drawings.” Areum was with her usual group of lackeys. Three girls who couldn’t let a day go by without saying something ugly.

Haneul ignored them. She finished packing and turned to leave. As she did, Yoona stuck out her foot and Haneul landed with a thud on her knees.

“Yah!” Arran rushed over, “Come off it, Cha Areum.

“How can you stand this nerd with her big- glasses and big hair,” Areum squealed, “We have a reputation to uphold at this school Lee Arran! Just because you can afford the fees doesn't mean you belong here.” Areum nudged Haneul with her foot. 

Arran squared her shoulders, “You know that the SBC has a zero-tolerance for bullying,” she poked a manicured nail into Areum’s chest, “Unless you want me to file a complaint with the President, you remember Lee Jongin, the President of the Student Body Council and my brother? Kojo”

Areum turned red and stalked off.

“I’m sorry about them.” Arran knelt beside her and picked the big-framed glasses off the floor, “I like these. They’re very you,” Haneul held her breath when Arran slid the glasses back into place, “My brother rates you, so that’s all that counts. If you meet Sehunah’s high standards, then you must be special.” Arran beamed. Haneul just stared. Arran giggled, “You’re cute.”

“Arran!” Arran looked over her shoulder. “We have English across the quad!” Jung Minah tapped her watch, “Pali.”

“Sorry,” Arran hopped up and straightened her skirt, “See you around,”

Haneul nodded in a bit of a daze. Had Lee Arran, the queen of Oakland, President of the Alphas, the most prestigious girls club, just spoken to her?

She glanced at her phone, “, she was going to be late for Art.

***

“Could Park Haneul please report to the Principal’s office.” The announcement came over the school intercom.

The art teacher nodded. Haneul packed her things and hurried from the class. It would take her at least five minutes to get to the Admin Block located on the opposite side of the school. 

“There you are!” Lee Sehun grabbed her bag the moment she arrived at the Head Secretary's Office, "They're waiting for us." he slung her bag easily over his shoulder and used his free hand to guide her to the closed double doors. 

“Sunbae, what’s this about?” was she in trouble again? “This is not about the chandelier business is it?” she’d stolen the school’s power to feed the old chandelier. The Principal had not been impressed but Sunbae had found and recruited her into the Keepers Club. Sunbae was her saviour in many ways. He’d taken her pent-up frustration and need to create and focused it on energy-related projects. The Keepers Clubhouse offered a safe haven, away from the pettiness of her classmates. 

Principal Rose'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter