DNA

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the ?!!!” Baekhyun complained as soon as he stepped off the elevator and into his childhood home.

“Baekhyun!” Rau scolded, “Watch your tongue.”

“Urgh I’m 26 years old Rau, I do swear you know?” He told the family butler

Rau still looked displeased but was glad to see the youngest son of the Lee Estate. Baek would bring some much-needed relief to the tense mood. “What have you done to your hair!!!!!” Rau pointed.

“What?!! What’s wrong?!!” Baekhyun turned to a mirror in the hall, “Jeez Rau, nothing is wrong with my hair.”

“It…it’s white…” Rau had also turned a couple of shades whiter. “Your mother, The President is going to kill someone when she sees you.”

“I’ll have you know that I’m getting great reviews online.” Baekhyun ran hands through his new white mop, “Now where are my loser siblings?”

“Ah ye,” Rau cleared his throat, “It’s a little complicated.”

“Rau I just flew 12 hours. Can you spare me complicated and just give me the Cliffs Notes’ version?”

“Arran and Sehun live on the Song Estate and Kaiah has all but moved in with Lilly Kim.”

“For s Sake!”

“Lee Baekhyun!”

***

Lilly opened the door expecting Kai. He was obviously nervous about tonight. “Song Gaelin,” Lilly remembered to bow. She was still not sure what to call Kai’s mother.

“Call me President.” Gaelin smiled and nodded at September, who held out a beautiful bouquet of roses, “These are from my mother’s garden.”

“Oh Kai’s grandmother!” Lilly immediately accepted them, “Please come in.” Gaelin entered the apartment a little disappointed that it was so well decorated, “You have a lovely home.”
“Thank you…President.” Lilly hesitated, “We can sit in the lounge?”m

“Where is the kitchen?” September asked, “If you permit, I will make tea.”

What was with these people and their tea, “Sure,” she directed September then took Kai’s mother into the lounge.

“So this is where my son has been staying…” Gaelin turned full circle before meeting Lilly’s eyes.

Lilly held her gaze, it’s your fault he left home. Was what she wanted to say, but she didn’t. Not yet, “Please sit.”

Both were relieved when September entered with the tray of tea. When everyone had a cup in hand Gaelin nodded. September pulled out the invite from her inner pocket.

“Frangipani?” Lilly read the name of the famous fashion brand.

“Do you know it?” Gaelin asked. Lilly nodded, “I thought you might. It’s a wonderful brand. I received this invitation to the opening of the designers first branch in Korea. I have three tickets. I would like you to come with me. And Kaiah can come too if you like”

“You want to take me?” Lilly asked uncertainly.

“Of course! You are marrying my son. We should get along. Spend time together. Arran will also be there. It’s the perfect opportunity. Don’t you think?”

“Yes of course. I’ll be there. And Kai too.”

It was only once they left the apartment and were in the car heading back to Oracle did Gaelin let her cool slide, “That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter