Lee Household

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone - just to explain that I took a hiatus for this story and have decided to re-work it (new plot). Hope you will enjoy and continue to support me. Thank you 

This is a story about five families that have known each other for centuries. They have always tried to work for each other, even though sometimes people's greed and jealousy get in the way.

Lee Soo-hyuk married Song Gaelin and they had four very different and very talented children. They lived in a three-storey apartment, which was a wedding present that Soo-hyuk bought for Gaelin. In this house, they shared happy and sad moments. 

The apartment was massive. The library, dining and morning room was located on the ground floor. On the second floor were the quarters of the House Master, Taemin, the head butler Rau and their cousins Taehyung and Jungkook.

On the third floor were the private quarters of the Lee family. Their four children enjoy large luxury suites and Sehun even had a home laboratory adjoining his rooms, even though newly married Baekhyun had moved into his own apartment on the 7th floor. The newly married couple needed their own space but Baek couldn't stand the thought of being too far from his family. 

That morning, something put everyone on edge. The family were gathered in the morning room for breakfast as they usually did. Normally their favourite time of the day but not today: 

 Lee Household Morning Room
 

Gaelin read the morning newspaper and tore it in two when she saw the engagement announcement of her eldest son. Her husband, Lee Soo-hyuk and head of the household, kept his eyes fixed on the yoghurt in front of him, and for the first time was happy to eat it…anything but face the glare from across the table. An unhappy Gaelin meant trouble for everyone. 

To Soo-hyuk’s left and right sat Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung, their respective cousins who had visited one day and never left. That was more than thirty years ago. They too wished they could be anywhere but here. 

Taemin, the Lee House Master, knew better than to say anything even though Sehun, the second son of Gaelin and Soo-hyuk kept shooting him pointed looks. He, in turn, shook his head stiffly. He would rather drink copious amounts of coffee and think about how he needed the bathroom than say anything.

This was, of course, all Lee Jongin’s fault, the papers announced his engagement to the Singaporean model Lilly Kim and his mother was furious for a number of reasons that would become obvious right about…now...

“Morning everyone,” Jongin sauntered into the breakfast room and immediately all eyes were on him, accusing, worried, warning him. Kai hid a smile and sat between his uncle Jungkook and mother. “Omma, is beautiful as usual…” he leant over to kiss her cheek, but she turned her face and he was forced to straighten and pretend he hadn't just been rejected by his own mother. “Where is Arran?” Kai looked for his younger sister.

“I’ll look for her,” Taehyung half stood but Soo-hyuk shot him a warning look which forced back into his chair. He had no choice but to stuff his mouth with bread. Jungkook hid a snicker, his partner ate when he was stressed. 

Kai felt his mother's penetrating glare but tried to buy some time. “I’ll have a kimchi omelette,” Kai ordered from the hovering butler. He took a sip of his piping hot coffee and looked around the table. They were all staring, waiting for him to say something. “I didn’t make the announcement and I don’t think Lilly did either, but now that it’s out there…” he trailed off when he saw the horror on everyone's faces. 

Gaelin inhaled sharply before she finally turned his way, “My son is thinking of getting married and the first I hear about it is on the evening news and in the entertainment sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter