Found You

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The best thing about being in Venice was the sun filtering through the white curtains and the breeze that ruffled the bed covers, teasing him out of bed. Opening his eyes, he felt blessed. That was how he chose to enter each day. Knowing he had what no one else did and that he was chosen, destined to do great things. Even though his brothers were trying to steal his birthright, he would defeat them all.                Yifeng turned his head. The woman, someone he’d brought home from the party was already an eyesore.

He pulled on the service rope, “Get rid of it.” Jumping out of bed and disappearing into the bathroom to get ready for another day. What would he do today? Maybe have lunch with the guys? No, he’d done that yesterday and the way they tried to please him, agreeing with everything he said was actually ing annoying. His mood turned.

The staff saw it and tried to keep out of his way. Good, he wasn’t in the mood to deal with anyone now.

“Is she gone?”

The butler nodded and placed a cup of coffee and that day's mail on the side table, “Will you be having breakfast young Master?”

“I never have breakfast. How many times do I need to tell you this?!!! I'm on a cleanse” he sighed heavily, “Leave me alone!” He picked up the coffee and stared at the beautiful view. In truth, he was bored with it. He should go home. Remind his wife that he was alive, but he’d avoided home since she was taken from him. He threw the cup against the wall. Thinking of his prized butler out there somewhere, serving someone else... “Leave it!” he warned the butler who rushed to clear the mess.

It was why he needed her back…she’d been true, guided him and fought the battles he couldn’t. Made things happen for him. His lucky charm. September, I’ll find you and kill the bastard who stole you from me. Then we’ll defeat my brothers together.

He noticed the letters under the saucer and flipped through a letter from his mother, so old fashioned, some bills and… “South Korea?” he saw the postage stamp and opened the letter with interest. His hands trembled as he scanned the photos. It was her, his precious butler. September and…Yifeng's eyes flared with anger as he studied the man. It had to be him. The thief. On the back of one of the photos was a name - Lee Sehun. 

“I’m leaving.” He leapt up from his seat, “I need a flight. Close the house. Don’t worry about my things…inform my wife I’m coming home!”  

Found you!”

***

September avoided the kick and rolled across the grass, stopped just before she reached the cliff. Out of breath, she was on her feet. Forcing herself on. To her left was a forest and to her right was more forest. Behind her was a gorge that would lead to death should she jump and in front of her an adversary she’d beat before but not today.

“Come on,” the voice taunted, “I expected more.”

September took a deep breath and ran full-on but the enemy was ready and faster than her. More alert and anticipating her every more. September groaned as she hit the ground hard and the weight of her attacker pinned her in place.

“Okay, that’s enough.”

September closed her eyes at the disappointment she heard in the Director’s voice. The session was over. September carried on breathing, ignoring th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter