Chapter 9

What a Woman!

A.N.: After this double update, there is only two or three more chapters left. Thank you so much for your patience and wonderful comments, you are the best. :)


 

 

Chorong dials Bomi's number for the third time. Her stomach drops when it rings five times then goes straight to voicemail. "Bomi, please, I implore you to call me back," she says into the receiver, voice shaky. "We need to talk about this, Bomi. I know you saw the letter and I know I should have told you but I didn't want to worry you about it until I made a decision. Please don't shut me out, Bomi. Just call me back. I love you."

When she came out of her shower earlier she found her bed empty. The rarely seen, cynical side of herself instantly assumed –just as she thought about the brunette before their relationship began— that Bomi had gotten what she wanted and didn't even bother to stay for breakfast. She thought they were over. But upon stepping further into the room and even over to Bomi's side of the bed as she began to rip the bed sheets from her bed, she found a crumpled up piece of paper on the floor. Chorong didn't even have to pick the paper up and smooth the wrinkles out to read to know what it was; what made Bomi leave.

She hangs up the phone, eyes squeezing tightly shut as she feels tears threatening to fall. She didn't think it would be this bad. And what hurts her most is that what she ultimately decides about that letter has the potential of hurting Bomi.


 

Bomi listens to Chorong's voicemail three times before turning her phone off and sliding it under her pillow, a tear slipping down her cheek.

Part of her wants to call Chorong back, but another part of her just wants to be angry because she loves Chorong and spent so much time just trying to be with her and for Chorong to throw it all away like their relationship means nothing hurts more than she'd ever allow herself to say.

She gets out and bed and stalks across the living room to the kitchen. Hayoung stares at the TV with interest, reluctantly moving her eyes toward Bomi. She gives the brunette a once over. "Who killed your dog?"

Bomi shakes her head adamantly as she makes a beeline for the freezer. "No. I don't need this right now. I don't need it ever."

Hayoung pulls herself from the couch to follow her roommate to the kitchen. Bomi whips around in a surge of brunette hair, glaring at her friend. "I'm serious, Hayoung. I got enough on my plate right now."

"What's going on with you?" She leans back against a nearby counter to put some distance between herself and the brunette, recognizing the trapped animal look she's sporting at the moment.

"Nothing."

Bomi's hand wraps tightly around a carton of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream before dragging it out of the freezer. She shuts the door with a little more force than necessary, sighing loudly in frustration before turning around to face Hayoung. And for the first time Hayoung notices the brunette's puffy eyes and cloudy expression. Something is really wrong. "Are you okay? Is it Chorong? "

She cracks a small smile at her friend. "You don't have to worry about me and Chorong anymore."

Hayoung's face morphs into something that Bomi could venture to call sympathy. "You and Chorong broken up?"

"I –I think so."

"It's either a yes or no, Bbom. And those hickies on your neck don't say yes."

She colours slightly as she shakes her head. "I don't know."

Hayoung nods slowly. She looks down at the ice cream in Bomi's hand with a scowl. This isn't the Yoon Bomi she knows. "So what? You're just going to sit in your room all day and eat your large weight in ice cream?"

Bomi ignores the jab at her weight. "I don't feel like doing anything today."

"Well I do." She snatches the container of ice cream from her friends grip to place it back in the freezer. "Come on. We're going shopping for the party tomorrow night that you're going to whether you feel like it or not."


 

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong yet?" Hayoung fishes through a rack of clothes, looking for a top to go with a skirt she just bought. "Shopping usually makes you feel better but you're still shuffling around like your dog died or some ."

Bomi searches through the other rack, not really looking for anything but knowing that if she sits idly by that Hayoung will have something to say about it. "I'm fine."

"Yeah, and I'm Satan."

She hesitates, biting the inside of her lip to keep from commenting. Hayoung growls at the unspoken implication. "Whatever. I'm just misunderstood."

Bomi laughs a little and Hayoung mentally pats herself on the back. "Well, you are capable of expressing positive emotions today. Great job, Bomi," she says, voice dripping with sarcasm.

She sobers up, plucking a shirt from the rack and handing it to Hayoung. "That's ugly and I'm judging you for your poor fashion choice. That's something your girlfriend would choose."

At the mention of Chorong, Bomi's split second good mood takes a nose dive. She sighs heavily, chest heaving at the sudden heaviness on her heart. "She's moving."

Hayoung frowns at yet another ugly shirt before fishing her phone out of her purse to call Naeun. Surely she'd have better fashion taste than Bomi. She just hopes the girl isn't too mad at her still. "Where? To a different dorm?"

"To New York," Bomi chokes out.

Hayoung turns to her. Bomi meets her with weary eyes and a miserable expression on her face.

"Well, ," Hayoung mutters.


 

She doesn't even cry when she gets Bomi's voicemail for the sixth time, having used all of her tears on every other call. Her hands run through her hair out of aggravation because she's sick of having conversations with her girlfriend's voicemail. Voice low and hoarse, she clears before speaking into the receiver. "Bomi, please call. This is the sixth voicemail I've left you. I –I love you and I just want to talk. Please call me back."

About an hour ago she found herself at the brunette's apartment. She knocked a total of ten times before stopping and opting to just wait outside the door when neighbouring doors opened to glare at her for the insistent knocking. Twenty minutes later she had tear stained cheeks as she accepted defeat and walked back to her place with her head hung.

She ends the call and her lips nervously before dialling Eunji's number. "Hi, Eunji," she says shakily. "Can you please come over? And invite Namjoo. Thank you."


 

"Naeun should be here in ten minutes," Hayoung says as she slides a hotdog in Bomi's direction. "Eat. You haven't had anything all day so I'm sure you're starving."

She accepts the hotdog, having not realized that she's gone the whole day without eating. If Chorong had known she would have instantly scolded Bomi on the physical and mental dangers of anorexia and the devastating effects it can have on her body.

They sit in companionable silence, Bomi because she doesn't feel like opening up and Hayoung because, although she wants to help, she knows not to push the issue until Bomi is ready.

A sense of betrayal starts to build up inside of her as she continues to think about Chorong and the letter she read in her apartment. The only emotion surpassing how betrayed she feels is how hurt she feels.

"I feel like I don't mean anything to her," she whispers candidly. Hayoung's eyes wash over Bomi's face and the rare moment of weakness she's allowed to bear witness to causes her chest to constrict. She doesn't say anything and she doesn't have to because in a flash of golden hair Naeun is by Bomi's side and has her wrapped into a warm hug.

"Hayoung told me everything over the phone," she whispers as she rubs Bomi's back soothingly. "I'm so sorry, Bomi."

A tear slides down Bomi's cheek and Hayoung quickly gathers the brunette's things before pulling her and Naeun towards the exit. "Not here, Bomi. Have some dignity." Her voice is warm despite her verbal jab and Bomi just nods as Naeun wipes a tear off her cheek.


 

Chorong furiously paces her room, her hands tightly clasped together behind her back as Eunji and Namjoo weigh in on her situation with Bomi.

"Really Rong, what were you thinking?"

"Seriously, why wouldn't you tell her? Chorong, the girl is in love with you. She had a right to know."

Her brow furrows as she continues to listen to them.

"What are you going to do?"

"Are you going to move to New York to try your luck in the big leagues? Or are you going to stay here with Bomi?"

Chorong sighs heavily as she comes to stop in front of the two of them. That's undoubtedly the question Bomi's wondering herself.

About a week ago Chorong received a letter in the mail from her father, Jihoon. In the letter Jihoon gushed about how grown up Chorong must be and how proud he is of her. He went on to talk about how a letter was the only way to reach her because Chorong can't block or ignore an old fashioned correspondence. Jihoon made known to her that he's willing to pay a drama scholarship for her in New York. Or so the letter said. Chorong's been tossing the idea around in her head for days. Whether to drop everything and fly to New York or stay where she is and be with Bomi who loves her.

"I don't know…" She wails piteously. "I don't know anything. I'm in love with Bomi, I truly am. But I'm not a child anymore." She looks at them both with wide, confused eyes. "There's a real chance for me now to go overseas and try to fit into their scene and learn. The only reason I take that business class is because my mom told me to get a degree in something I can fall back on in case theatre doesn't work out."

She takes a much needed breath before slumping back onto the bed. She curls up against Eunji and rests her head against her thigh. "I love acting. And it's not all about it. That's my father out there. I can finally get the chance to have him in my life permanently."

"You gotta make a decision, Chorong," Eunji says gently as she soothingly her hair. "None of these things are going to wait forever. Not Bomi, not that acting scholarship, and I hate to say it but, not even your own father. And you know that."

Chorong nods, her vision becoming blurry with unshed tears. "Which one do I choose?" she asks around a sob.

"We can't be the ones to tell you that, honey," Namjoo says from somewhere above her. "But my guess would be to find out which scenario you find yourself wanting just a little more than the other."

"I want them both equally," she sniffles.

"Then which one can't you live without?"

She inhales a shuddery breath, her head shaking back and forth as if to dispel that thought from her mind. She doesn't want to have to choose and wishes that she can just have both.

"Life's pretty unfair, huh?" she asks with a watery laugh.

Namjoo kisses her on the forehead as Eunji continues to stoke her hair. "Understatement of the century."


 

She smoothes out her dress in the hallway mirror as her eyes glare daggers at the purple dots all over her neck. She steps closer, fingers ghosting gently over her bruised flesh as she reluctantly recalls how amazing it felt to make love to Chorong. How fast her heart was beating, how her sweat mingled with Chorong's, the tears she saw in the corner of Chorong's eyes as she came. She inhales deeply.

"You okay there, captain?"

"I'm fine." Her shoulders roll back as her neck elongates until her nose touches the sky. Hayoung nods, feeling assured at having the old Bomi back.

She turns toward Hayoung. "You look pretty Hayoung-ah."

"I look hot."

Rolling her eyes playfully, she walks back into the living room towards her bedroom. "Do you still have my purple scarf?"

"I'll tell Naeun to bring it."

Bomi emerges from her room with a smile. "Let's party then."

Hayoung's eyes pinch in worry at the brunette's fake, well-practiced smile but she ignores it. Bomi needs a good party and so does she.

She follows the brunette out of the apartment and down the stairs.


 

Chorong sighs as she snuggles further into the bed, Eunji and Namjoo on either side of her. They're curled up on Chorong's queen sized bed watching a movie. This is the most content she's felt in the past two days since waking up and finding her bed empty and a crumpled up letter on the floor by Bomi's side of the bed. Her sense of comfort is shattered as her thoughts stray to the brunette once again. She hasn't talked to her in over a day and she's more than a little worried.

"I wonder what she's doing," she mumbles.

"She who?" Eunji asks around a mouthful of popcorn. She hands it to Chorong and she frowns before passing it to Namjoo.

"Bomi. The girl I've been talking about all day."

Namjoo chases her popcorn down with a swig of soda before shushing Chorong. "This is the good part. Besides, she's probably at that party tonight."

"Party?" Her eyes widen at the mere thought. Bomi at a party living it up while she's in her bed sulking like a girlfriend is supposed to do when they fight with their significant other. "How could she possibly be at a party at this very sensitive time in our relationship while I'm here curled up on my bed watching a sad movie and missing her?"

Namjoo offers Chorong a sympathetic smile. "Well, she kind of has to go. It's a party in celebration of her team making nationals. I'm sure if she wasn't expected to make an appearance then she'd be at home crying her eyes out just like you are."

"I'm not crying my eyes out."

"Yeah, sure. That's why your voice is so nasally. From not crying your eyes out."

Chorong flings the covers from her body with finality as she crawls off the bed. If Bomi thinks she's going to party at this time while she's Park Chorong's girlfriend then she has another thing coming.

"…What's going on?" Eunji asks, a little afraid by the determined glint in her eye.

She breezes toward her closet in search of something to wear. "What does one wear to these college frat type parties?"

Namjoo claps her hands giddily as she lifts from the bed. "You sit. I'll pick out your outfit. Let's see, we're going for slightly badass, pissed off lipstick lesbian girlfriend…"


 

Bomi stands awkwardly beside a potted plant, watching Hayoung down her fifth shot as she hands one to Naeun.

"I wanna make a toast. Gather 'round, es!" Hayoung yells to the sea of bodies in the room. "To Bomi! My best friend." Her eyes start welling up and Bomi bites her lip to keep from laughing. She accepts the entire bottle of vodka Hayoung hands to her. "You're the best friend I've ever had. And you're a damn good captain! And I'm sorry for being a all the time."

She starts to blubber uncontrollably and Bomi wraps an arm around her, shushing her quietly. "I know, I know."

"I just love you, okay?"

"I love you, too."

Hayoung continues to cry into Bomi's side as the brunette looks to Naeun with a withering gaze. Nodding in understanding, Naeun walks over to gently pry Hayoung away. "It's okay, Hayoungie."

"Naeunnie, I love you."

She smiles softly. "I love you, too. Now, come on. Let's go so Bomi can have some alone time."

"I love you so much." She looks into Naeun's eyes with sincerity. "And I'm so sorry, Naeun. I'm just so scared."

Naeun rubs her eyes tiredly. "I know you're scared."

Hayoung nods against her shoulder as her arms wrap around Naeun.

Bomi watches them walk away, trying to fight off the sense of jealousy she feels building. No matter how many times Hayoung pushes Naeun away, she will always be there. And she hasn't pushed Chorong away once yet she'll still lose her in the end. She walks off in search of the kitchen, feeling the need to open the bottle of vodka and down as much as it takes to get a certain someone off her mind. She's spent the past couple of days crying her eyes out and as she walks through the crowd of her peers that look up to her, envy her, and even want to be her, she can't help but feel numb.

A large hand grabs her wrist and she jumps at the contact. "Whoa, what's up? Why so tense?"

Her shoulders pull tight in frustration as she turns around to face Taejoon with a stony expression.

"I was just gonna ask if you wanted to dance," he mumbles.

"No," she says forcefully. "And I'm sorry. I don't mean to get all in your face. I just have a lot going on right now."

His grip on her slackens and she uses it as an attempt to slip away from him towards the kitchen. She rummages through a drawer of utensils diligently as a figure slips through the doorway.

"Bomi, I've been looking all over for you."

She tips her head back as she takes her first large sip. It slides smoothly down with a quiet swallow and a bitter after taste that's less alcohol and more her. She turns around to face her guest before taking another sip. "Joohyun. I didn't know you'd be coming."

She smiles slyly at the brunette as she stalks toward her. "I hope to be coming all night long."


 

It isn't until an hour later that Chorong enters the party. Eunji had to run back to her place to change her attire and Namjoo had to grab a pair of ' me' heels, hoping she'd get lucky. She enters the room with uncertainty and immediately has to sidestep a cloud of smoke that smells questionable at best. "Where's Bomi?" she asks Namjoo, voice loudly competing against the music.

Namjoo shrugs unhelpfully. "Once your eyes get used to the smoke and darkness you should be able to see a little better."

Chorong scowls at their predicament before deciding to take matters into her own hands. "Just stay by the door and keep an eye on Eunji. I'll find Bomi." She manages to power walk through the crowd with determination that only belongs to Park Chorong.

She catches sight of Hayoung and Naeun dancing in what she can only call an obscene manner. She figures they must be drunk, because last she heard from Bomi; they weren't on the best of terms. "Have you seen Bomi?" Neither girl pays Chorong any attention, too focused on each other to even notice she's there. Chorong clears loudly before huffing silently as Hayoung's hands trail down to Naeun's and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"Excuse me," Chorong interrupts around Naeun's giggle. "Have either of you seen Bomi?"

Hayoung's lazy smile turns into a scowl as she finally registers Chorong's presence. "What'd I tell you about breaking my friend's heart, Chorong?" She untangles herself from Naeun's long limbs to loom over Chorong threateningly.

Chorong sighs quietly, not having anticipated this. "Hayoung, it's a little more complicated than that. Though I did give you my word and failed to comply," she concedes. "I'm sorry. And I –I want to apologize to Bomi so can you please tell me where she is?"

"I don't know where she is. But good luck when you find her because trust me when I say Bomi is an angry drunk." She shrugs flippantly before turning back to Naeun and Chorong nods her head, eyes welling with tears as she continues on her search for Bomi.

"Naeunie, what are you doing?" Hayoung cries out as Naeun pries herself away from her and folds her arms. "That was mean, Hayoung."

"I honestly don't know where she is, Naeun. But even if I did I still wouldn't tell Chorong."

Naeun continues to frown and Hayoung tries to change her tactics quickly. "I'm sorry?" she offers weakly.

Naeun smiles down at the girl before wrapping her long arms around Hayoung's neck. "If Bomi and Chorong don't work this out by tomorrow, Hayoung, you won't be getting any."

A petulant groan leaves and Hayoung's now quietly hoping that Chorong actually does find Bomi.

Chorong finds her way to the kitchen, having stumbled over and been shouldered past by just about everyone in the party to get there. Her shirt is wet and clinging to her from one guy accidently spilling his drink all over her. He instantly offered to clean it up and made a beeline for her s but she shooed him away and vehemently declined.

She wipes her eyes of residual tears from her incident with Hayoung to find the brunette standing in the kitchen with a half empty vodka bottle in her hand. Her heart drops to her stomach as she watches some girl hanging all over her. Her hand curled around Bomi's slender waist possessively as she nurses her own bottle.

Chorong's lips press into a firm line as she watches the girl tip her head back and laugh every few seconds while Bomi just looks at her with a smirk. That same sultry smirk that Chorong's come to know and love. When the girl beside Bomi gets a little too handsy for Chorong's taste she walks further into the kitchen. Bomi's eyes find hers and they look so cloudy that Chorong can barely recognize them. "Hello, Bomi," she says evenly, trying to gauge the situation. She bites her lip to keep from chastising the brunette about her underage drinking, something she can do when she's sober and the situation has been handled and decides to address the black-haired girl wrapped around her. "I don't believe we've met. However, that is my girlfriend you're currently throwing yourself at."

"She was mine before she was yours. Isn't that right, baby?" she coos as she grabs Bomi's jaw and turns the brunette to face her.

Chorong's shoulders slump at the sight, her heart aching and her chest constricting as she forces deep breaths through her nose. She watches there distance lessen and she chokes out a sob at the sight. "Bomi, if you kiss her I'm walking out of this party and we're through." Her voice is rough and shaky and she curses herself for how weak she sounds.

Bomi's eyes slide away from Joohyun's before she looks back at Chorong. It's a little dark but there's no way she can miss the telltale signs of Chorong's tears. "Are you leaving me?" she asks flatly.

The tone of Bomi's voice takes her by surprise because in the time she's known the brunette she's gotten to see many different sides of her. From arrogant and annoying, to humble and tolerable, to kind and loving, to goofy and playful. But Chorong's never seen the brunette be so aloof and shut off like she is. She doesn't know how to handle it and she's suddenly unsure if their relationship will last through the rest of the night.

"If you kiss her, then yes. Yes, I will."

"You know what I mean," Bomi snaps. She disentangles herself from the girl to take a step towards Chorong. "I thought you loved me."

"I do love you," Chorong assures her as the brunette continues to walk toward her.

"Then why would you –Why would leaving even be a question? Why wouldn't you even tell me?" They ignore Joohyun as she shoulders past them both and out of the kitchen.

Chorong grabs the brunette's hand and gives it a gentle tug, coaxing her reluctant girlfriend into a hug. "Can we please just go home? I promise I'll talk to you. I'll tell you everything. Let's just leave, Bomi, please."

Bomi pulls back suddenly, wrenching her body away from Chorong's. "You're not really going to New York, are you?'

"I –I don't know, Bomi," she says quietly.

Bomi's face hardens as she stares at Chorong, her eyes narrowing slightly as she walks past her. "Then find me when you do know. Otherwise, leave me the hell alone."

Her vision gets bleary from unshed tears as she watches the brunette walk away from her. She walks back into the living room to find Namjoo at the doorway. Namjoo doesn't say anything, just wraps her arms around Chorong. "I'm just going to go home," she whispers brokenly.


 

Chorong shuffles quietly into her apartment, haphazardly tossing her keys into the general direction of her kitchen table.

She peels off her now dry shirt, the stench of alcohol permeating the air and reminding her of Bomi's clouded eyes and how expressionless the brunette was. She flips the shirt over and dabs her eyes of unshed tears, new ones falling in their place.

Deciding to call it a night, she changes into her pyjamas quickly and slides under her sheets, burrowing under them and curling into a ball to find comfort. Her phone rings and she quickly s along her nightstand to find it, hoping it's Bomi and that the brunette will at least tell her she's safe. She sighs quietly upon realizing it's her mother, Jieun, before answering her phone.

"Hi, mom," she whispers tiredly into the phone. She laughs softly at her uncanny ability to pick up on her distress within the first two words of her speaking. "I'm fine, mom, honestly. I'm simply exhausted and–"

She doesn't even allow her to finish her story before calling her bluff. "Bomi and I are fighting," she tells her. She tries to fight back the same tears that she's tried to be too strong to cry all night but her mother has always had a way of allowing her to be comfortable enough to break down. "And I –she's at this party with some girl and she was about to kiss her. And I told her not to and to just come home with me but she told me no," she continues to cry.

She sobs uncontrollably into the phone as her mother gently shushes her with kind words. It's times like this that Chorong can see that all of her years with dealing with hysterical patients at the hospital she works at has taught her how to easily coax Chorong back down to earth. Just like Bomi has been able to do since the very beginning. Her breathing slows down into hiccupping breaths as the worst of her crying is over. Her thoughts keep flying to Bomi and wondering what she's doing and if she's safe and she mentally berates herself for even leaving in the first place. Who would be there for Bomi? Hayoung and Naeun are drunk and Chorong's sure that Eunji and Namjoo are drunk by now as well.

Her mother continues to talk to her, having already guessed the cause of her fight with Bomi. The day Chorong received the letter she had called her mother to get advice from her. Joongi, her mother's husband, had been on the fence about her not only flying out to a completely different coast but also about her meeting her father for the first time. A man, whom in his opinion, selfishly gave Chorong up for his own benefit. Jieun thought that the situation had the potential to end very well or very badly but that it was all Chorong's decision and that she would respect it and be there for her one hundred percent. Joongi eventually agreed with reluctance, giving Chorong his blessing. But one thing that they both agreed on from the very beginning was that Bomi should be informed about the letter and Chorong's dilemma as soon as possible.

"I know, mom," Chorong sniffles into the receiver, cradling the phone with both hands as if it were a lifeline. "I know I should have told her, but I didn't want her to worry. I didn't want to fight with her like we're doing now. I just want her to come home."

She's silent for a moment, salty tears from her lips as she listens intently to her mother. "Yes, mom, she knows I love her. I'm sure she does. Why wouldn't she?"

Her shoulders slump as she's gently reprimanded for how she handled the entire situation. "I understand," she grumbles. "I'm still young and immature no matter how much I try to tell myself otherwise. I made a mistake and I understand that now. I just wish she would have left the party with me."

More tears streak down her face as she imagines what Bomi could possibly doing right now. Wondering whether the brunette has drank herself into a stupor, passed out on some bed in the presence of a questionable individual, or if she's currently hooking up with another woman.

"Do you think she's okay?"

A loud knock startles her and she turns toward her door with wide eyes. "Someone's here, mom," she whispers. "I have to go."

She tells her to stay on the line with her to make sure she's safe and she places her phone on her desk as she walks to the door. Standing on the tips of her toes she peers through the peephole and sighs in relief before quickly unlocking her door and swinging it open.

Her body goes on auto-pilot and before she thinks twice of it she flings herself into Bomi's arms. She inhales deeply, the scent of alcohol and strawberry shampoo swirling together into one. Neither of them say a word and Chorong's arms tighten around Bomi's neck when the brunette loosely returns her hug.

She quickly ushers Bomi into the room before closing the door and running back to her phone. "Mom? It was Bomi at the door. Yes. Yes, that's right. I'll call you tomorrow and thank you for everything. I love you and tell Joongi I love him too."

The conversation ends and she turns towards Bomi to see the brunette perched on the foot of her bed, staring back at her. "You've been crying," she says quietly.

Chorong nods as she tries to wipe away the remainder of her tears. "I was really worried about you," she says softly. "Did you walk all the way here by yourself?"

"Yeah."

"Bomi, something could have happened to you," Chorong gently admonishes as she walks over to the bed to sit beside her. Bomi shrugs carelessly and Chorong can sense that there's no way she can reach the brunette in her current mood or state of mind.

She pulls her in for another hug, trying and failing not to feel hurt when Bomi doesn't respond. Hopping off the bed, she walks over to her armoire and retrieves a spare set of pyjamas for her.

Bomi grabs them from Chorong's outstretched hand and walks into the bathroom to change. Chorong's heart hurts even more at the fact that something as simple as changing clothes has to be done behind closed doors as if Bomi doesn't trust her anymore.

She fights back more tears, refusing to cry anymore for the night before crawling into bed. Bomi walks back in a moment later, sparing Chorong a quick glance before placing her neatly folded dress on Chorong's chair.

Chorong watches her movements, seemingly mechanic and robotic for Bomi, even more so considering the amount of alcohol in her system. She her lips nervously, gathering the courage to voice the question that's been on her mind since she left the party. "Bomi, did you and that girl–"

Bomi spins around and gives Chorong a cold look, instantly shutting her up. Her lips press firmly together as she walks over to the bed and slides under the sheets. She situates herself before turning on her side away from Chorong.

"Bomi, we really need to talk about this. All of it. My letter, tonight, the status of our relationship. Everything," Chorong pleads. She reaches out to lightly touch her shoulder and Bomi curls further into herself before inhaling a shuddering breath. "We can talk about it tomorrow."

"Will you be here?"

"Will you?"

Chorong takes the jab in stride, taking a deep breath and swallowing the lump of tension from the air. "I'll be here," she says softly.

"Then so will I."

She nods jerkily before cautiously wrapping her arm around Bomi's waist. "I love you, Bomi."

Bomi doesn't respond but Chorong doesn't miss the way her body relaxes into her. She tightens her hold further and scoots closer to the brunette, attempting to either reassure herself or Bomi, she isn't sure. That night can easily constitute as Chorong's most restless night of sleep, but she's comforted by the fact that no matter what happens tomorrow for now, she can at least say she has Bomi.