Chapter 11

What a Woman!

Ever since her reunion with Chorong, things between the couple had been going smoothly. It had been about a month since the incident had occurred and Bomi and Chorong were able to slip seamlessly back into their relationship.

Just thinking about Chorong brings a smile to Bomi's face which is why she's currently scowling at her own reflection. She isn't thinking about Chorong. She's thinking about her ponytail and wondering if she can get it any higher on her head.

Momentarily content with its position, Bomi reaches to her right to grab her curling iron. Hayoung breezes through her room to grab her favourite bottle of Bomi's lotion. A bottle of lotion that Bomi's told her many times in the past to just buy her own bottle of. Hayoung would just scoff and tell her that part of the fun of getting the lotion was knowing it pissed Bomi off when she used it.

It's the day of nationals. And not only that, it's the day that Chorong gets to meet Bomi's parents. Her girlfriend had been nagging for weeks to get the chance to meet Bomi's parents and the brunette had been putting it off for as long as she possibly could. But with nationals happening today, her father called her a few days ago to inform her that he and her mother would be flying in to watch her compete. And although Bomi called to have them visit in order to fulfill Chorong's wish of meeting them, she was still instantly filled with dread.

With a flick of her wrist, she places one last spiral curl in her hair before gliding over to her closet, rummaging for her uniform. She hears a knock at the door and a reflexive smile graces her features. "Can you get the door? I think it's Chorong."

Weeks ago Bomi would have been tripping over herself to get to the door before Hayoung for fear that her best friend would kill her girlfriend. But now it seems that the two girls in her life have managed to form some sort of truce and acquaintanceship. She rips her uniform off the hangers, quickly sliding her shorts up slender thighs before zipping it and working on her top, eager to see Chorong.

"Greetings, Hayoung," Chorong says as she walks into the apartment, taking a seat on the sofa.

"Hey. Bomi is getting ready so she'll be out in a minute. Unless you want to join her. In which case I'll have to demand the two of you to keep it down," she snickers as she sits down beside Chorong on the couch. Chorong colours slightly. "That's alright. I'll wait for her out here."

Hayoung shrugs before kicking up her feet on the coffee table and flipping on the TV. "Heard you're meeting Bbom's parents," she begins conversationally. "Hope they like you. Doubt it though."

Chorong stiffens at Hayoung's side. "You don't think I'll make a good impression?"

"I'm sure you'll put on the charms and manners and whatnot. But if the Yoons don't even like their own daughter then what makes you think they'll like you?"

"They like me just fine," Bomi gripes as she steps into the living room. "Stop talking ."

Hayoung grumbles out a "Whatever" as Chorong simply stares at Bomi, captivated. She mentally ticks off every time Bomi's called her skirts too short and arrives to the conclusion that the brunette has no right to talk. Her short barely covers her and as Bomi does a spin to ask her if she looks presentable, Chorong catches a glimpse of the purple spanks under her equally purple uniform. A thousand words come to mind about Bomi's appearance, all of them being slightly more obscene than simply presentable.

"You look great," Chorong chokes out. Hayoung smirks as she side eyes the shorter girl. "Yeah, Bomi," she agrees. "You look hot."

Chorong glares coldly at her as Hayoung's eyes rake down Bomi's body. She folds her arms tightly across her chest. "Hayoung, I must kindly ask you to stop ogling my girlfriend."

Bomi smiles at Chorong as she crosses the room to deliver a kiss to her lips as a balm to her rarely displayed possessive side. "Leave her alone, Hayoung-ah."

She hops off the couch as Bomi leans down again to kiss Chorong again. "I'm not staying to watch this. I'm going to see if Naeun needs help. Later, losers."

Bomi pulls back from Chorong to run back to her room. "You can come back here if you want, Rong. I just have to finish my makeup."

Chorong follows the brunette to her room, the sudden spike in her arousal because her girlfriend's appearance worn off, giving way to feelings of trepidation at meeting her parents. At first she was excited when Bomi told her that her parents were coming to watch her compete. She'd been dying to meet the brunette's parents just like any interested girlfriend would. But after hearing what Bomi's been telling her for months about her own parents, coupled with Hayoung's warning in the living room, Chorong's more than a little nervous.

She watches as Bomi busies herself in front of the mirror, carefully applying her eye liner. Her hands unconsciously fidget with the hem of her maroon skirt as her eyes find the brunette's carpeted floor. "You don't think your parents will like me? I –is that why you've been so adamant about me not meeting them?" she asks quietly.

She kind of wants her question to go unnoticed but Bomi's head whips around so fast that her ponytail narrowly misses slapping her in the face and Chorong thinks she's given her whiplash. "Why would you think that?"

Her fidgeting increases as Bomi comes closer to her. She kneels before Chorong and takes her shaky hands in her own. "It's hard for anyone not to love you, Chorong," she says sincerely.

"Then why have you been putting this off for so long? You don't want me to meet them and then Hayoung just said—"

"Hayoung's an ," Bomi drawls. "She's just mad that my parents don't like her. And for good reason."

She finishes with a laugh that isn't at all reassuring to Chorong. Bomi sighs quietly as her right hand reaches out to gently lift Chorong's chin up to lock eyes. "The reason I don't want you to meet my parents has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them. They're not accepting of this." She gestures between herself and Chorong and their intimate contact in hopes of getting her point across. "But," she continues, "I called my father this morning and told him that after nationals we're all going to dinner because I have someone I want him to meet."

"Someone?" Chorong asks with a sceptical eyebrow.

"I couldn't say girlfriend." At Chorong's frown she elaborates. "I couldn't just call him up and say 'Hey dad. Your gay daughter is even gayer, complete with a girlfriend that I want you to meet over dinner.' He would have backed out of the whole thing. I'm trying, Chorong."

"I know. I'm sorry." She leans forward to wrap her arms around Bomi's neck. "Thank you," she whispers. "I know you don't want to do this."

"No, I don't," Bomi admits as she wraps her arms around Chorong's waist. "But this is important to you."

Chorong presses a kiss to Bomi's cheek as she pulls back to finish applying her makeup. Chorong's stomach still has knots of anticipation and nervousness but she plans on putting her best foot forward and leaving a lasting, positive impression on Bomi's parents.


 

The crowd cheers loudly as the competition dwindles between Bomi's team and another team with green uniforms that Chorong was unable to get the name of. She watches through the slits of her hands covering her eyes as Bomi throws herself carelessly into the air chasing after the ball.

"This is barbaric," she grumbles, heart leaping out of her chest every time her girlfriend puts her entire body on the line for the sake of a good performance.

"Lighten up!" Eunji says from beside her. "She knows what she's doing."

She sighs as she takes her eyes off the gruesome display in front of her to scan the crowd. Even though it's highly unlikely, she keeps wondering if she'd be able to see Bomi's parents from where she's sitting. Although she has no idea what either of them look like. Bomi doesn't exactly have their photos framed and hung in various places around her apartment like Chorong does of her parents' photos. The brunette had offered to point them out to her before she went out to play so that Chorong could sit beside them but Chorong had turned down the offer, opting to meet and greet them while Bomi was present, if only for the comfort the brunette could provide.

Her eyes focus again as the audience around her lift from their seats, loudly cheering and chanting phrases of joy.  She watches as Hayoung instantly scoops Naeun up in her arms and Naeun's legs wrap around her as the blonde twirls around. They've won. Bomi just celebrates with a tight group hug with her teammates, peering out at the crowd to find her and Chorong smiles back proudly. The team runs off the field, behind the scenes. Chorong can't wait to see her girlfriend.

Bomi laughs as she watches her teammates happily taking photos and videos. She quickly runs back to their locker room, wanting to shower and gather her things to leave.

Her shower is quick, lathering her body up with soap and quickly rinsing off as opposed to allowing the water to cascade over her body and loosen her muscles. There'll be time for that later. She opens her locker to gather her things, pulling on a pair of sweat pants and a beige tank top as Hayoung slinks up beside her, resting her shoulder against a nearby locker. "You did good, Bomi-ah."

She runs the back of her hand over her forehead, partly to wipe away excess moisture from her shower but mostly to make sure she isn't feverish from the hot weather and exertion and hallucinating this situation. "Did Oh Hayoung just compliment me?" She takes a swig of her water before shoving the bottle in her bag. "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah." She spins on her heel to walk back over to Naeun. "Just don't think for a second that I won't try out for captain again."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Bomi challenges. She tugs her bag onto her shoulder and jogs out of the room. She runs through the crowd aimlessly before she's able to spot Eunji and Namjoo. She makes a bee line towards them until Chorong finally comes into view. Suddenly finding herself with an arm full of pale limbs and dark hair, and she staggers back before regaining her balance. "Congratulations!" Chorong yells loudly and Bomi swears she's just busted an ear drum. "You were fantastic."

"Thank you, baby." She hugs Chorong back just as tightly, completely ignoring Eunji and Namjoo's presence. Her hands run through Chorong's dark hair, tangling in it as she tugs Chorong away from her shoulder.

Their lips crash together fiercely, Bomi's hand leaving Chorong's hair and sliding under her to help support her weight. She lets Chorong lead the kiss, panting into as a teasing tongue slides in.

"We're just gonna…meet you back on campus, Rong," Namjoo says awkwardly as Eunji purposefully evades the sight before her. Chorong doesn't even respond, too caught up in Bomi's soft lips, hot mouth, and damp hair to respond to them.

"Bomi…it's nice to see you again."

The stern voice makes Bomi's blood run cold. Her lips quickly part from Chorong's and she carefully lowers the black-haired girl to her feet. "Hello, father," she says evenly as she turns around to face him. He stands proudly in a pair of black slacks, a collar shirt, and a tie. Her mother beside him in a floppy hat and a sun dress. "It's good so see you, Bomi," she supplies in the awkward silence.

"You too." She reaches behind her to grab Chorong's hand and pulls the somewhat shaky girl forward. "This is Chorong. My girlfriend."

Chorong offers a kind smile as she grips Bomi's hand tightly. Bomi winces behind her but doesn't say a word.

"I see." Jaehyun's eyes are just as piercing as Bomi's in a way that alerts Chorong to who Bomi got her aloof and calculating side from. "It's nice to meet you, Chorong-ssi." His words don't sound sincere in the slightest but if he wants to play nice then Chorong can certainly play along. "The pleasure is mine, Sir." She steps forward and offers her hand. It's quickly taken in his grip for a firm shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ma'am."

"Oh, call me Hyesun, sweetie." She reaches out to wrap Chorong in a loose hug that the black-haired girl wasn't expecting but nevertheless returns. She's left wide eyed and feeling a little out of place.

"Bomi, a word." Jaehyun smiles tightly at the group before taking a few steps back for privacy. Bomi swallows thickly with nerves but follows, her hand brushing reassuringly against Chorong's as she passes her.

They walk off and Chorong sighs as a little off the tension leaves the area. She looks over to Bomi to see her brow furrowed and her lip pressed tightly in a firm line. Her hands clench and unclench just like her jaw and Chorong really wants to know what's being said.

"What was that out there?" her father asks quietly as the two stand near each other for a private conversation.

Bomi shrugs. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't get coy with me," he snaps. "I came to watch you play. I did not come here to meet your…your—"

She throws her hands up in exasperation. "You can't even say the word. She's my girlfriend!"

"Keep your voice down," he hisses.

"Why? Because you don't want anyone to know I'm gay?"

His jaw tightens at her words. "This place has changed you," he says gravely. "Did you just have me come here so you can embarrass me in front of this crowd of people?"

"No, father. I didn't ask you to come because I had this elaborate scheme planned to have everyone point and laugh at you as I got on the microphone and told everyone I'm gay. I invited you because Chorong wanted to meet you."

"Mind your manners, Yoon Bomi."

It's silent for a moment and Chorong's in awe as the two Yoons meet in a battle of wills. Both of their arms are folded tightly across their chests, same posture, same scowls on their faces, same glares tossed back and forth. She briefly looks over to Hyesun who looks mildly worried but keeps her distance.

Her father's quiet for a moment, mouth twisted in contempt. "She does seem like a nice girl," he allows.

"She is. All she wanted to do was meet you so can you do me a favour and just have dinner with us? Then you can leave if you want, I won't stop you," she promises.

He considers the proposition for a moment, the business man in him coming out to play. "Hyesun," he says in a well-practiced, loving voice. "Let's take Bomi and her…girlfriend out to eat, shall we? We can celebrate our youngest daughter's victory."

Bomi grabs Chorong's hand and gives her a tight lipped smile. "We're going back to my place first, father. I have to change so I can look presentable."

He nods curtly in agreement and Bomi offers a grumbled goodbye as she pulls Chorong along with her.


 

"Okay, what was that?"

It's the first words uttered between them after the initial shock of Chorong meeting Bomi's parents. She was surprisingly silent in the car the entire drive back to campus and Bomi wasn't any better, not wanting to engage in any kind of conversation because of how on edge she'd felt.

"That was my family," she mumbles, stripping her sweats and tank top as she effortlessly slips her dress up her svelte body.

Chorong's momentarily caught off guard at how comfortable Bomi always seems to be in her own body. Undressing and dressing in front of Chorong without seemingly a care in the world. She clears her thoughts before looking back up to meet Bomi's eyes. "You know what I mean. You and your father. Have the two of you always been like that?"

"No." She rummages through her closet for her favourite pair of brown boots and sits beside Chorong to put them on.

"Oh." She bites her lip to think of something to say as Bomi stands to grab her keys. "Your mother seems very nice."

Bomi nods noncommittally as they leave.


 

"Can I get you anything?"

The waitress stands patiently as Chorong and Bomi search through their menus. Bomi looks up just as her father's eyes subtly rake over the waitress approvingly and twists in disgust before lowering her gaze to her menu once more. "Four steaks," he says confidently.

Bomi closes her menu with a sigh, obviously not getting a say in what she's going to have for dinner. "And may I have a salad too, please," Bomi pipes up quietly, watching Chorong with a worried frown.

Chorong's head lowers as she takes deep breaths. She's not used to feeling so much tension at family gatherings. Bomi's eyes soften as she takes in Chorong's slumped shoulders and concentrated face. She doesn't even have it in her to say 'I told you so' because meeting her parents isn't something she'd wish on anyone.

"So, Chorong. How long have you been seeing my daughter?"

Chorong's head perks up at Jaehyun's question and Bomi is quick to answer for her, knowing by the intense look in her father's eyes that he's picked out who he thinks is the weaker of the two to single out. "Four months," Bomi says evenly.

"Hmm. And you think you're in love?"

"I know I am." Chorong can feel Bomi's leg shaking against her own under the table and she reaches out to grab the clenched fist on the brunette's thigh. She patiently pries Bomi's hand open before interlocking their fingers tightly.

Jaehyun smirks at his youngest daughter and her tone of voice, knowing that it never took much to rile Bomi up. He turns his attention to Chorong, smiling at her. Chorong returns the smile politely and he turns back to Bomi. "What are your plans when you get out of college? Oh, that's right. You want your own business. A young go getter like your old man." He offers a rare, fond smile before turning to Chorong once more. "And what about you, young lady? What do you want to do?"

"Well, right now I'm studying acting. But once I graduate school I want teach drama here in Seoul."

Hyesun smiles kindly at Chorong while Jaehyun looks unconvinced. "I see."

Dinner comes and the four of them spend their time eating in tense silence. Hyesun orders three strawberry daiquiris and insists that Chorong takes one. Bomi smiles a little at the exchange. Chorong holding her hand up in protest but ultimately accepting the drink. It's one of those rare moments that Bomi realises with a frown that she is in fact younger than Chorong. And as if reading her thoughts, Chorong turns to her with a teasing smirk as she hands Bomi the cherry like a mother would do to her child when said child begs for a sip of the drink.

Bomi begrudgingly takes it and Chorong laughs as the brunette eats it with a good natured scowl on her face. Hyesun watches the exchange with a smile, never having seen her daughter look so happy and carefree with anyone, including herself and her husband.

As dinner draws to a close Bomi and Chorong slip out of the booth, followed by Hyesun and Jaehyun after paying. They walk outside into the warm night and Jaehyun speaks to the valet before walking over to the three women. "Chorong, would you mind if I steal your…girlfriend away for a brief chat?"

Chorong looks a little hesitant at the brunette's cloudy expression but nods her consent anyway. Bomi and Jaehyun walk away and she watches worriedly as her girlfriend's posture seems to tense further with each step.

She turns to Bomi's mother to strike up a conversation in an attempt to put her mind at ease. "Thank you for dinner tonight Ma'am. It was lovely. And a pleasure to meet you."

Hyesun smiles languidly at her and Chorong can see through her eyes that the alcohol is hard at work. "Oh, don't mention it dear. It was wonderful meeting you." She wraps an arm around Chorong's shoulder and looks down at her with sparkling eyes. They almost sparkle like Bomi's, Chorong thinks as her head tilts to the side. But Bomi's are brighter. "To tell you the truth dear, you're great for Bomi. I've never seen her happier than when she's with you. And as a mother, all I've ever wanted is for my daughters to be happy. Happiness came for my oldest a little easier than it's come for Bomi. But it's so good to see her smiling."

"I hope to always make her happy."

"You're good for her."

"She's good for me," Chorong says emotionally as Hyesun pulls her into a tight hug. "Take care of my baby for me," she whispers.

"As long as she'll have me, I'll be here for her," Chorong promises.

They hear shouting at the end of the block and Chorong pries herself from Hyesun's arms at the sound of Bomi's distressed voice. The two women walk swiftly down the block to see what the problem is.

"You won't take that tone of voice with me, young lady," Jaehyun says gravely, his eyes cold. Chorong's breath hitches in when she catches sight of the tears streaming down the brunette's face.

"Why can't you just accept me and Chorong? It's not like I'm some delinquent that spent her youth in and out of jail. I'm your daughter!" she says loudly as she approaches him. "Gay or straight I'm your daughter and you need to accept me for who I am! And accept the fact that I'm in love with her!"

"I accept that just fine," he tells her.

"You don't! You judge us, I know you do!"

Chorong takes a step forward and Hyesun's hand on her wrist stops her. She shakes her head minutely back and forth but Chorong will not be deterred. She walks over to Bomi and places a gentle hand on her shoulder. Bomi spins around with a wild look in her eyes that Chorong's never seen before.

"Bomi, you need to calm down," she pleads quietly. Her hand is violently shaken off as Bomi steps back.

"Don't tell me what I need to do!" she shouts back, the weight of the evening, her father's subtle jabs at both her and Chorong finally getting to her.

"I'm not telling you what to do," Chorong says calmly. Bomi's looking at her like she's a complete stranger and yelling in her face when all she wants to do is help. "I just think you need to calm down. Everyone is speaking calmly and you're causing a scene by yelling the way you are."

She steps forward quickly until she's in Chorong's face, towering above her with angry and sorrowful eyes that Chorong hasn't seen since the night the brunette was drunk and thought that Chorong was leaving her. "I'm standing here trying to defend you, us, and all you can say is that I'm causing a scene? Am I embarrassing you? Hmm? Are you just as embarrassed by me as my father is?" She extends her arm quickly, one finger extended. Her lower lip trembles as more tears cascade down her face. "Then leave. If I'm that much of an embarrassment for all of you then just leave!"

Her wild eyes dart from Chorong to her mother then back around to her father to notice none of them moving. "Fine. Then I'll leave," she spits out before walking off down the sidewalk.

Chorong blinks rapidly as she watches the brunette's quick feet hit the pavement. She makes a move after her but Hyesun stops her. "Bomi says a lot of things she doesn't mean when she's upset," Hyesun says with past hurt haunting her eyes. "Just go home, Chorong. I'll send her to you once she's calmed down."

She nods numbly, unsure of how this whole situation has made her feel but hurt comes to mind rather quickly. Hyesun hugs her again. "She's changed. I know tonight may not seem like it but Bomi always regresses a little when forced back into old situations. That's why Seoul is good for her. We're not here." She inhales a shaky breath before pulling back. "Take care, Chorong."

She takes off in the direction of her daughter, not having to look far before finding her with her back against a brick wall beside the restaurant they were eating at, her arms folded defensively across her chest.

Hyesun walks over to her slowly. "Bomi…"

She's surprised when the brunette practically leaps into her arms, tears of despair falling from her eyes. Hyesun rubs her back soothingly, cursing both her husband and her daughter for them both being stuck in their ways. She pulls back to look her in the face, heart breaking at the sight of her beautiful daughter crying.

"Bomi, you need to let this go, honey," her mother tells her softly, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Bomi's hands ball into fists at her sides. "I'm not. He's going to accept me for who I am—"

"He's not," she counters. "Bomi, do you know where Chorong is right now? She's gone."

Her head whips around and she squints her eyes down the block to find that her girlfriend is in fact missing. Her brow furrows as she looks to the road, wondering if she'd catch a glimpse of her. "She left right after you yelled at her and told her to leave."

Bomi runs a hand through her hair as her heart drops. She knows just how sensitive Chorong is and she's sure she hurt her feelings.

"You have a good person on your hands, Bomi. Not someone that I would have chosen for you," she reminds her. "But someone that I can tell loves you and makes you a better person. Don't chase her out of your life just because you're so busy chasing after your father's approval."

She sighs tiredly, nodding her head at her mother's words. It hurts that she can't have her father's approval. But she knows that losing Chorong would hurt more.

"You won't get it," Hyesun tells her sadly. "I know you want it, honey, but just let it go. You're not a child anymore, that's what you've been telling me since you were thirteen." She smiles a little at Bomi's small chuckle. "So be the adult you are and carry on with your life with the woman you love."

Hyesun wraps her in a tight hug, rubbing Bomi's back gently as the brunette cries silent tears on her shoulder. "I love you, mom," she says softly.

"I love you too, honey. I just want you to be happy."

"I am," she promises. "She makes me so happy."

She pulls back with a saucy grin aimed at Bomi. "Then who gives a damn what your father thinks?" she says with a wink. Bomi offers a weak laugh before hugging he mother once more. "Tell daddy I love him," she whispers. "And you know…my sister."

"I will. Tell Chorong that it was lovely meeting her, and to never be a stranger. And for goodness sakes, Bomi, apologise for your impolite behaviour."

"Yes ma'am."

She offers to drive her parents to their hotel to spend more time with them before they leave in the morning, but Hyesun declines, wanting her to get to Chorong as fast as possible. They exchange goodbyes once more before Bomi's in her car to drive back to campus, her phone clutched tightly in her hand as she stops at a light.

Are you in your room?

Chorong doesn't reply for another ten minutes and she's left waiting on pins and needles as she winds her car through the semi-busy streets before stopping at another light.

Yes.

She sighs in relief that her girlfriend at least isn't roaming the streets this late at night, though that hardly seems Chorong's style. She texts her back.

Are you angry with me?

The reply is instant.

I'm more hurt than anything to be perfectly honest.

Bomi's heart clenches as she reads the next. Hurting Chorong is the one thing above all else that in return hurts her as well. She reclines in the seat cushions as the light turns green. Then she pulls off, suspecting the silent treatment will greet her when she gets to Chorong's apartment.


 

Bomi trudges up the stairs to Chorong's apartment with less enthusiasm than usual. She's always happy to see her girlfriend and on the one hand, she wants to work out the tension between them so that they can move past it, but on the other hand, she's never been one to swallow her pride. She's never had to. But as she takes a deep breath to knock on Chorong's door, she makes a conscious decision to try her best to leave her pride at the threshold.

She raises her hand to knock again just as Chorong opens the door. Bomi's fist opens slowly, waving her now open palm nervously. Chorong's face is crestfallen but it immediately hardens as she walks away from the brunette. "Hello, Bomi." She walks to her bedroom and Bomi is hot on her heels, sliding beside her on the bed as Chorong cuddles under her blankets and continues to read her book.

She fidgets nervously with her hands. "Look, I'm sorry," she starts as she scoots closer to Chorong. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. It wasn't fair to you and you were only trying to help."

Chorong continues to read her book but Bomi can tell she isn't really concentrating. She gently pries the book from her hands and lays it on the night stand beside her. It's silent for a moment and Bomi doesn't say anything because she knows Chorong's gathering her thoughts for her own chance to speak.

"I'm sorry."

It was so soft that Bomi barely heard it. Her eyes narrow in confusion. "Chorong, you have nothing to be sorry for. I was the one that screamed in your face and told you to get lost."

"I'm the one that put you in that situation," Chorong says calmly. She meets Bomi's eyes for the first time since Bomi walked into her apartment and the remorse Bomi sees pouring out towards her is suffocating. It's bordering on pity and Bomi's not sure she take anyone, let alone Chorong, pitying her. "You've been telling me about your father for months now and I insisted on meeting him anyway. I'm sure this entire day has been stressful for you; nationals, your parents visiting, me meeting them, dinner, after dinner. None of this would have happened if I hadn't been so stubborn."

Bomi offers a lopsided smile. "It's only natural to want to meet your girlfriend's parents, Rong. I just wish mine weren't so difficult. And I turned the whole disaster into…" she searches for what to say, "an even bigger disaster by lashing out at everyone. Including you. So I'm sorry. And my mother was right. I'm not going to get his approval so I should just stop trying."

Chorong frowns sadly at Bomi's forlorn expression. She reaches out to cup the brunette's cheeks in her hands to bring them face to face. "Well I don't care what your father says or how he feels. I love you and I approve of your love for me." She flashes a shy smile that Bomi returns before kissing those tempting lips she's been dying to kiss all night. "Besides, your mother was lovely."

Bomi rolls her eyes playfully. "The two of you even talk the same way. She said the same about you."

"It is a perfectly acceptable compliment to one's personality," Chorong scoffs. She folds her arms tightly against her chest and Bomi loosens them before placing Chorong's arms around her waist. She loops an arm around her girlfriend's shoulders and sinks further into the bed as Chorong's head rests against her shoulder.

"I love you," Chorong whispers against her skin as she places a kiss on the side of Bomi's neck. Bomi hums contentedly. "I love you too." Her right hand through long, dark curls before tracing the side of Chorong's face. "We've been through a lot these past few months," she mumbles.

Chorong nods against her collarbone. "And yet you're still here," she says softly.

"We're still here," Bomi assures as she pulls Chorong to her tightly. She snuggles further into Bomi's warm body with a quiet sigh. "Honestly, I don't know how you put up with me."

"We put up with each other." She leans up to place a kiss to Bomi's lips. "Though I admit you are a hand full."

"Says the high maintenance one in the relationship."

Chorong scoffs lightly before pinching Bomi's sides. The brunette squirms before erupting in laughter. "Are you staying the night?" Chorong asks softly.

"If you want me to."

She smiles. "I want you to."

Bomi sinks further into Chorong's bed. She twirls a lock of dark hair around her fingers as Chorong presses chaste kisses everywhere her lips can reach. "Would you sing for me?" Bomi whispers.

She hums lightly against before pulling back to rest her head against Bomi's shoulder once more. "What would you like to hear?"

She shrugs. "Whatever comes to mind."

Chorong's silent for a moment. Her hands gently glide along Bomi's sides as a song comes to mind. Her lips part gently as the lyrics softly fall from .

Hello world, hope you're listening

Forgive me if I'm young. For speaking out of turn.

There's someone I've been missing.

I think that they could be the better half of me.

Bomi's heart constricts at both the beauty of the lyrics and Chorong's voice. She's never heard her sing before and all she can think is that Chorong sounds like an angel. Her heart swells and she listens on with rapt attention.

Come home. Come home.

'Cause I've been waiting for you

For so long, for so long.

And right now there's a war between the vanities

But all I see is you and me

The fight for you is all I've ever known.

So come home…

It's silent for a moment as Bomi gathers her bearings. Chorong hears quiet sniffles above her and she twists around to face the brunette. She's always thought that Bomi is most beautiful when she cries. She reaches up to gently wipe the single tear away. "I –is that how you see…us?" Bomi asks quietly.

She nods with a warm smile. "This song always reminds me of you. Of us. Whenever we fight and I find myself at home and you're not here beside me I always hope that you'll find your way back."

"I'll always come back," Bomi whispers. She leans forward to press her lips firmly against Chorong's as if to seal the promise between them. They both recognise the weight of the promise. This isn't the first time that this conversation has been brought up and Bomi feels nervous and excited, scared and so in love.

"Let's go to bed." Chorong rises onto her knees to undress her girlfriend before they slide under her warm sheets. Bomi's arm slides around Chorong's waist and tugs her closer before her eyes slip shut. Safe and content to fall asleep at home.