Chapter 1

Untouchable Face

Her gaze falls for the third time on the brunette who is currently sitting alone in the corner of the bar. Bomi has been subtly watching her since she entered the club and every so often, she will give the brunette her full attention, in an attempt to figure her out. The woman had walked in and immediately hovered by the door, waiting several minutes before heading towards the bar and ordering a drink. Bomi watched as other people brushed past her in an attempt to get served first and the woman never seemed bothered, she just let it happen and patiently waited to get served.

Bomi admired her for that. If that had been her, she would have quickly lost her temper with the people surrounding her.

After being served, the brunette had walked over to a table in the darkest corner of the bar and took a seat. She didn't speak to anybody in passing and once she placed her drink on the table, her gaze didn't waver from the glass before her.

Yet she never drank from it once.

She still hasn't drunk anything.

Bomi frowns with curiosity at the brunette, cocking her head to the side in interest.

Something about her captivates Bomi.

Maybe it's the way her hair is haphazardly thrown up in a messy bun, strands of loose hair falling around her face; the fact that she's not dressed for a night out, sitting there in a hoodie and jeans.

Maybe it's the way she looks at the drink as it’s poison and one sip will harm her. Or maybe it's because she looks as though she's about to start crying any minute on.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Bomi shakes herself out of her reverie and turns her head away from the mysterious brunette to come face to face with a glowering blonde. The woman, whose name she thinks is Jinah—but she could be wrong—, is rather pretty and Bomi knew immediately that she would be easy to get into bed, despite the wedding ring that sits on her left ring finger; Bomi knew that a few compliments and a faked interest shown in her life would make her putty in her hands.

She has always wanted the girl she couldn't have, be it the straight girl, the innocent girl, the girl in a relationship or the girl somebody else likes.

Bomi likes the challenge that comes with them.

So when she saw Jinah dancing with her friends, she had to approach her. After all, it's been a long time since she has left a club without somebody in tow.

"Of course I'm listening to you," Bomi lies and the frown directed her way tells her that the other woman doesn't believe her. Not that she should, it's obvious that she hadn't listened to anything Jinah said. Within five minutes of meeting her, Bomi learnt that Jinah liked to talk and Bomi's not really interested in that. She doesn't understand the necessity to have conversations that involve sharing pointless information that neither person really cares about or would remember in the morning.

She's trying to sleep with Jinah; it doesn't matter to her where she works or the fact that she's out tonight to celebrate her friend's birthday.

But Bomi nods along every time somebody informs her of these details and plasters an attentive smile on her face because there's no harm in pretending to listen.

"What did I just say?"

Bomi sighs; frustrated that Jinah won't let the subject drop. "It's hard to hear what you're saying over the music."

"Well,” Jinah purrs into Bomi's ear, “why don't we leave and go somewhere a bit more private? Besides, I can think of better things to do than talk," She knows it's meant to be seductive but, if anything, it irritates her for some reason. "My place or yours?"

Usually, the answer would be ‘yours’; Bomi never takes her one-night stands back to her apartment. She never has.

The other woman her lips before brushing some of Bomi's blonde hair behind her ear. Bomi stares at the woman before her and finds herself struggling to give Jinah the answer she's looking for. She’s unable to shake the brunette off her mind. She feels drawn to her, almost as if the brunette has a gravitational pull surrounding her and Bomi's helpless to it.

All she can do is surrender to it. Bomi doesn't want to leave without meeting the brunette.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

The words come out of before she can stop them and Jinah’s mouth opens in shock. The rejection surprises Bomi too, she can't remember the last time she actively turned somebody down.

"You've been hitting on me all night and now I'm saying yes, you're saying no?"

"I'm just not feeling it anymore," Bomi replies truthfully. "It's not you."

The tall blonde's eyes widen and she finishes her drink in one fluid motion, slamming the empty glass against the bar. "Your loss," she spits before storming off towards the toilets.

Bomi sighs heavily, grateful that Jinah didn't turn that into an argument, before glancing over her shoulder at the brunette. She's still sitting alone, deep in thought, her drink untouched. Bomi remains still for several minutes, observing the other woman silently. She's hesitant to interrupt her as she looks upset and troubled, but just as the blonde pushes herself off the bar she quickly leans back against it because somebody walks over to the brunette and takes a seat opposite her.

She watches their interactions with avid interest; the way the brunette doesn't even raise her head to see who has sat in front of her, the way the man continues talking despite getting no response, the way the brunette slowly lifts her head and says something that Bomi cannot make out and how the man suddenly stands and walks away from her.

His ego probably bruised at the rejection.

Finishing her drink, she places the empty glass on the bar and strides confidently over to where the brunette is sitting. "Can I buy you a drink?"

She rolls her eyes and mentally berates herself for asking a stupid question, the drink in front of the other woman is untouched so the probability of her wanting another one is incredibly low, but it's the line Bomi usually leads with.

It's not too presumptuous and she finds that most people won't turn down a free drink.

The brunette stiffens at the new voice, although the fact that it's a woman causes her to look up quickly to see who has interrupted her, before she drops her gaze back to her drink. "I already have one."

Bomi's stomach flutters at the sight of the brunette's face up close. She's beautiful and Bomi rakes her eyes over the brunette, subconsciously her lips. Her heart constricts a little at the sight of bloodshot eyes, glistening with tears and her tear stained cheeks.

"Another one then?"

The other woman circles the top of her glass with her finger. "Does this usually work for you?" She ask, genuine curiosity painting her face. "Do you buy somebody a drink in the hope they'll drop their for you later on?" She removes her finger from the glass and brings her hands together, dropping them into her lap. "Or are you the classy type who sleeps with somebody in the bathroom of the bar?"

They say that within seven seconds of first meeting somebody, you develop your first impression of them. You judge them on their clothes, their appearance or the way they speak. Bomi has a feeling the brunette's first impression of her isn't a good one so she feels a need to correct her.

She doesn't want the other woman to think badly of her.

"I buy somebody a drink to be nice."

"I think you and I may have different definitions of the word nice."

"Okay, you know what, since clearly all you think I want is , why don't I play by your rules,” Bomi takes a seat opposite the brunette, half expecting the other woman to tell her to go away, “the drink option doesn't seem to be working, so would you rather I use a chat-up line instead? I prefer not to use them as I find them too cliché but I do have an arsenal of them."

The brunette simply tilts her head to the side in fascination and waits for Bomi to continue. "Shall we start with a funny one? Was your dad a boxer? Because damn, you’re a knockout!” The brunette doesn't crack a smile but that doesn't deter the blonde. "Maybe you'd prefer cheesy, is your name Google? Because you have everything I’ve been searching for." The corners of the brunette's mouth curl upwards ever so slightly. "Or my personal favourite," she lowers her voice to a sultry whisper, just low enough for only the brunette to hear, "If you are what you eat, I could be you by morning."

It's surprising, considering the volume of the music in the club, that when the brunette snorts with laugher, it's all Bomi can hear…and she is quite taken aback by the sound. The laugh is much louder than her speaking voice—Bomi finds it cute when the brunette collects herself, a rosy tint decorating her cheeks.

She's still blushing when she speaks. "That's awful."

"It made you laugh though."

The brunette shakes her head slowly before fixating her eyes directly on Bomi's. Bomi inhales sharply at the sudden action, feeling nervous under the intense gaze. "I'm not going to sleep with you."

"That's twice you've assumed that all I want is and I don't recall ever saying that. You can't count that chat-up line because that was just a joke. You're the one who assumed that I was, as you so eloquently put it, trying to get you to drop your for me."

"I know your type."

Bomi places her hand against her chest feigning shock. "Am I that transparent?"

The other woman smiles shyly before releasing a heavy sigh. "I don't drink."

"Okay then I'll buy you a soft drink," Bomi states, not seeing a problem with this situation.

The brunette shakes her head and grabs hold of her glass, swilling the liquid around, careful not to spill any. "This is a vodka and coke," she explains. "I bought it with every intention of drinking it; why else would somebody purchase a beverage? But I can't bring myself to drink it because I don't drink, I haven't in years."

"Recovering alcoholic?" Bomi probes gently but she receives a quiet no in return. "Don't like the taste?"

"Bad experience with drinking alcohol."

"Then why did you buy one today?"

"People always tell me that alcohol is useful in making you forget and I needed something to help me forget about my day."

"You know it's just a temporary solution?" Bomi replies. "It may work tonight but in the morning, whatever you want to forget, it's still going to be there. You're going to remember it."

"Temporary is better than nothing," the brunette retorts. "Have you ever had a day were you just wanted to drink your troubles away?"

"Try months," Bomi jokes.

"That's how I feel right now and even if I remember tomorrow, at least for tonight, I can forget."

"What was wrong with your day?" Bomi asks softly. The brunette remains silent and Bomi realises that she's not going to receive an answer. The blonde takes a sip of her drink whilst observing the girl opposite curiously. "It's not going to work unless you actually drink it. And until you drink it, I can't buy you another one and I would really like to."

The brunette contemplates the other girl's statement before taking a large gulp of her drink, followed by another gulp and continuing in that fashion until she had finished the drink.

Bomi's eyes widen. "I didn't have you down as the kind of girl who does what people tell her to do?"

"Normally I'm not but maybe it's time for a change. I think it's about time I started doing things I wouldn't normally do."

The blonde smiles widely, becoming more and more impressed with the brunette as their conversation progresses. "Does this mean I can buy you that drink now?"

"I guess what they say is right, third time really is the charm."

Bomi bobs her head before standing and heading towards the bar. She quickly orders two more drinks, constantly keeping an eye on her acquaintance, just in case she decides to leave. Bomi wouldn't stop her if she did but she desperately wants her to stay. The blonde pays the bartender, telling him he can keep the change before heading back towards the brunette.

"I'm Bomi by the way," she tells her, placing the drink in front of her and extending her hand.

"Lea."

When Lea takes her hand, Bomi stiffens as the sensation which fills her palm at the touch.

"Pretty name."

She retracts her hand slowly and ducks her head to look at her drink.

"Why did you leave that woman over there?" Lea asks inquisitively. "You'd been talking to her all night and then suddenly you were standing beside me. Did you decide she wasn't worth the chase? Or did you finally notice the wedding ring ergo realise that she wouldn't have slept with you?"

"Ergo?"

"It's a synonym for therefore, one of many, like consequently or hence."

"I know what it means."

The right side of Lea’s mouth curls upwards as she takes a sip of her drink. "Is that all you got from what I just said?"

Bomi shakes her head. "Of course not, I also got that you've been watching me all night."

"Don't flatter yourself," Lea says. "I like to watch people, I find it interesting and my eyes happened to fall on you and the other woman. Nothing more than that, sorry to deflate your big ego."

"Shame."

"You never answered my question."

"Let's just say that someone else took my interest."

It's only faint, but Bomi's sure that Lea’s cheeks are tinged deep pink. "I guess that because you sat down opposite me, I'm that somebody?"

It's Bomi's turn to smile. "Now who's got the big ego?"

Lea conceals a laugh and takes a sip of her drink, feeling the alcohol slide down the back of . The taste is rather disgusting and she realises that she hasn't been missing out all these years. Still, it doesn't prevent her from taking another sip whilst Bomi does the same.

"I knew Jinah was married," Bomi explains. "The woman I was talking to. You asked me if I finally saw the ring, I saw it straight away; it was pretty hard to miss."

Lea blows some of the hair of her bangs out of her eyes and the blonde observes that every movement the other woman makes, no matter how small, is with a mixture of trepidation and bewilderment. "Even though she was married, you still would have slept with her?"

Bomi holds her hands up. "I'm not claiming to be a saint."

"It's immoral."

"All the good things are."

"Do you not even care?"

Bomi takes a sip of her drink, not liking the direction this conversation is heading. She doesn't want to have to explain her actions to this woman who she barely knows.

"The partner is their problem, not mine," Bomi states. "Besides, I don't do anything they don't want themselves. People can say no you know? It's their choice to sleep with me as much as it is mine."

"So if I told you I was in a relationship, it wouldn't deter you?"

"Are you?"

Lea quirks her eyebrow. "It doesn't matter to you either way right?"

"Not really, the only question is whether it matters to you."

"You've just proved me right."

Bomi frowns. "Right about what?"

"When I said I knew your type, you've just proved me right."

The blonde leans back against her chair with a chuckle. "This should be fun. Why don't you enlighten me?"

" is a game to you; it's nothing more than a bit of fun. You pride yourself on how many women you can sleep with, in fact you probably keep a tally and I'm guessing that you sleep with people in relationships because you like the thrill of it, you enjoy the challenge. Do you want to know what else I think?" Bomi nods. "I think you do it because you're trying to fill a void. Did someone break your heart?" She asks quietly and Bomi swallows nervously. "That flicker in your eyes just then tells me they did. Someone broke your heart, probably your first love and to get over that, you sleep with random women because it's safer that way. You can't possibly get hurt if you don't put your heart on the line. I'm tempted to say you have a bad relationship with your parents but I think that's too cliché, in fact you probably have a brilliant relationship with them."

"Are you done?"

"Not quite," Lea states. "When you asked me about why my day was bad, your voice held sincerity and that tells me that deep down you are a nice person, you just hide behind this bravado, maybe because you feel more comfortable that way and I'm guessing that you only let a few people see the real you, somebody you've known forever perhaps."

Bomi swallows again, feeling considerably unnerved at how accurate Lea’s description of her is. She plasters a fake smile on her face and places her elbows on the table, resting her chin in her right hand. "Finished?" The brunette nods, before taking a sip of her drink. "I'm glad."

"You asked," Lea whispers quietly. "Can I ask you something?"

In spite of everything, Bomi finds herself nodding.

"Did I get anything wrong?"

The question lingers in the air like a bad smell and before Bomi can utter something back, Lea's phone vibrates against the table. The noise appears to shock Lea and her hands grasp blindly for the phone, diverting the call. She places her hands back in her lap and almost immediately afterwards, her phone starts to vibrate once more.

This time she's quicker to divert the call.

"Sounds like someone wants to get in touch with you."

"They'll have to wait."

The third time her phone vibrates seems to be the final straw and Lea diverts the call before switching her phone off and throwing it into her bag.

"Maybe you should ring them back, it could be important." Bomi takes a sip of her drink as she watches the brunette scowl at her.

"Why are you acting like you care?" Lea spits harshly. "You and I both know you only sat with me because you were hoping you could have with me. You don't need to act concerned when we both know you're not."

Bomi can't stop the surprise filling her face at the venom which suddenly laces Lea’s voice. The gentle tone she had earlier has disappeared and Bomi can't understand why.

"Where did that come from?" Bomi questions. "I thought we were having a nice time."

"Our different definitions of nice come into play again."

The blonde furrows her eyebrows but the other woman won't catch her gaze. Feeling frustrated with Lea, she taps her hands against the table, standing up, "Since you analysed me, I think it's only fair I do the same. You're beautiful." Lea finally catches her gaze at the compliment. "But you're not aware of it. I think you know you're attractive but the way you blushed earlier when you realised I was interested in you, indicates that you don't realise just how stunning you really are. You have morals, which was obvious from your reaction about me and Jinah, so that leads me to guess that you come from a wholesome family and that's what you want in life: the happy, faithful marriage. You also seem rather innocent which makes me think you're not very experienced when it comes to relationships and . I wouldn't be surprised if you're still dating your high school sweetheart," Bomi states. "You didn't tell me to go away the minute I sat down like you did with the guy before me, which makes me believe you wanted somebody to talk to and that you enjoyed my company…and you know what?" Bomi lowers her voice, "I enjoyed yours too."

She's walking away from the table when she hears a faint whisper.

"I'm not dating my high school sweetheart."

Bomi turns around just for a second.

"I don't keep a tally of the number of the people I've slept with," the blonde replies lightly. "I guess we both got something wrong."

 


 

The cold October wind whips through her as she stands against the wall, cigarette in hand. Her hair blows furiously in front of her face and she's given up trying to keep it under control. She brings the cigarette to and inhales, feeling the rush seep through her body. The blonde blows the smoke away from her but the wind only blows it back towards her.

She turns her head as the door to the bar opens, smirking at the person stumbling out of the door. "Leaving without saying goodbye?"

Lea’s head snaps to the left at Bomi's voice. She smiles drunkenly at her before staggering towards the blonde. Bomi places her free hand on Lea’s waist, steadying her.

"I guess you got a taste for alcohol after I left?"

"I may have consumed more alcoholic beverages than I should have," Lea mumbles. "But drunk I am not."

"I can see that," Bomi replies playfully and the brunette smacks her in the arm, harder than she was expecting. Lea must have noticed because she runs her hand up and down Bomi's arm, apologising quietly. The touch is comforting and Bomi doesn't want it to end.

"Can I have a bit?" Lea asks, gesturing to the cigarette in her hands. Bomi hands it over straight away and chuckles as the brunette splutters and coughs after inhaling the cigarette.

"You don't smoke?" Bomi asks gently and receives a shake of the head. "Why ask for a bit then?"

"Doing things I don't normally do."

"You're just full of surprises aren't you?" Bomi smiles softly at Lea, who’s swaying slightly on the spot. The blonde drops the cigarette to the ground, squashing it with her foot and wraps her hand completely around the other woman's waist, pulling her into her body.

"So…were you just going to leave without saying goodbye?"

"I thought you'd left."

"So you looked for me?" Bomi grins. "I'm touched."

"I wanted to apologise," Lea murmurs. "I shouldn't have spoken to you like that, it was rude of me. You were only trying to be nice, even if you did have an ulterior motive."

"My version of nice or yours?"

The brunette scrunches up her nose, mouth opening and closing as she forgets what she wanted to say. In the end she shrugs her shoulders with a chuckle.

"It's okay, I have been given the brush off quite a few times believe it or not," Bomi says quietly before giving the brunette a confident smirk. "Besides, I love it when people play hard to get," she flirts, revelling in the smile Lea gives her. The brunette's eyes open and close before she forces them open, attempting to make them stay that way.

Bomi shivers as the freezing cold wind hits her once more. Although she was surprised by the woman’s choice of clothing, she now envied her for it. Lea was probably lovely and toasty right now whilst she was currently losing feeling in her hands.

"Do you want to get out of here before I freeze?"

Lea pushes gently herself away from Bomi but the blonde maintains a slight hold on her, just in case the brunette decides to stumble and fall over.

"I told you, I'm not going to sleep with you."

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much."

"You can't keep trying to get me into bed. It's not fair." Lea admonishes and Bomi finds it adorable when she pouts and stomps her foot.

"Why is it not fair?"

"Because you're hot," Lea shouts before mumbling incoherently under her breath.

Bomi feels heat rising in her cheeks; she never blushes at compliments. She takes a step closer to the brunette, brushing some of her hair behind her ear. "Then why can't we have some fun." Bomi drops her gaze from Lea’s eyes to her lips. She leans forward slightly, hearing the brunette’s breath hitch at the movement. She waits for the other woman to close the gap, wanting it to be Lea’s choice. Lea subconsciously her lips, leaning forward until her lips meet Bomi's.

They meld together like pieces of a puzzle and their lips slide against each other perfectly. Bomi trails her tongue against Lea’s lower lips and the brunette parts them just enough for Bomi's tongue to sneak in, its counterpart. Bomi grabs Lea's waist and squeezes her hips before pushing her against the wall, Lea's hands flying up to grab locks of Bomi's hair. The blonde smiles into the kiss and places her thigh in between Lea's legs, evoking a gasp from the brunette while Bomi focus her attention on Lea's neck. She on her pulse point lightly, careful not to leave a mark. She moves her thigh again into Lea's centre, trailing her hands down the brunette's side, sneaking them underneath her top. Lea gasps as cold hands touch her warm stomach before she releases a guttural moan as the feeling of Bomi kissing her neck finally overtakes her, completely forgetting about the cold hands.

Everything about the brunette is turning her on right now.

The laboured breathing, the sudden moans of pleasure she emits, the mumbled 'Bomi' every now and then, the way her hands are still passionately at her hair.

"Come back to mine," Bomi whispers in her ear and Lea nods her head furiously. The blonde leans back to observe the brunette; she doesn't seem to be having any trouble staying awake anymore. Her lips are bruised and her cheeks are flushed. Her eyes are wandering hungrily over Bomi's body and her bottom lip is tugged between her teeth. The sight causes Bomi to crash her lips against Lea's once more, unable to contain herself.

She feels a compelling need to touch the brunette constantly.

"Are you sure about this?" Bomi asks softly as she pulls away. Lea bites down on her lower lip again and the blonde feels her knees buckle a little at the sight.

"Yes."

Bomi looks hesitant but Lea entwines her fingers with Bomi's, jerking her closer to her. "Let's go."

The blonde nods eagerly and pecks the brunette's lips once more before pecking her nose. "Let’s hail a cab."