next five hours

Istanbul Atatürk Airport
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina is lying down, taking up a few seats at the front row, wrapped in Sehun’s grey wool jacket to keep her warm. Her sweater is placed on her lap. She is too tired now and is almost falling into deep slumber. In the meanwhile, Sehun browses through the Internet on his MacBook while sitting on the floor next to her.

 

When Mina was told about their cancelled flight, she went into a panic state, heart heavy and an obvious worry displayed on her face. She looked like a scared little girl, lost and searching for her mom. Sehun did what he had to do, he rubbed her back slowly to calm her down and even murmured soothing words. They resorted to wait at the seating area.

 

It’s been close to an hour since the news. They’re waiting for an email about the cancellation and further actions needed to be taken.

 

Sehun receives a mail, freshly arrived with the title:

 

TURKISH AIRLINES: Cancellation for TK1725

 

Sehun skims through the letter while sighing. The mail is as follows:

 

 

Flight cancellation

 

Dear Mr. Oh,

 

We are contacting you to let you know that your flight TK1725 from Istanbul Ataturk (IST) to Berlin Tegel (TXL) on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 3:20 P.M. has been cancelled. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

 

We are doing what we can to rectify the situation and will send you an update soon.

 

 

Sehun glances at the sleeping figure next to him, her face soft and angelic. He feels bad having to tell her this. They have to keep waiting and he doesn’t know how long this will take. He decides to let her sleep for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun wakes her up 10 minutes later after receiving another email. It says that there will be a flight taking them to Berlin 27 Hours later. Passengers of TK1725 will be accommodated at the airport hotel. Sehun and Mina are then taken to the hotel along with other passengers by bus. A staff informs that their checked in luggages are safe and will be transferred to their next flight.

 

Right now, they are both in the same hotel room of a single queen bed. How did they end up in one room? Well, when they were on their way to the hotel, Mina fought her hesitation and shyness to tell Sehun about the fact that she can't sleep alone.

 

She sleeps in her parents’ room, believe it or not. Even until today. She has her own room but doesn’t sleep in it at night. She would always need a company, especially on those rainy, stormy nights. She is afraid of the dark and thunder. Sehun was perplexed for a second after hearing the information, having to register it in his brain. Then, he thought to himself, how much more adorable can she get? while at the same time respecting her. He doesn’t judge. So, Sehun informed the staff and everything was arranged so that they could be in one room.

 

Mina takes off her purple hoodie and then sits at the edge of the bed. Sehun steals a glance. She is in a black long-sleeved jumpsuit that accentuates her body well, which is what he didn’t notice earlier. She scratches her arms. “I think I need to shower.”

 

“Sure, I’ll wait here.. And maybe get some food.” he replies while looking at his phone, trying to connect to the wifi. In his mind, he thinks that they seem to be comfortable with each other already. He hopes he doesn’t scare her off. Sehun adds when he sees her nodding, “What do you want to have?”

 

“Do they have spaghetti bolognese? I’m craving.”

 

Sehun opens the menu on the desk and sees that it’s written there. “Yup. You can go shower, I’ll make the call.”

 

She smiles. “Thank you.”

 

Mina finishes her 30 minutes shower and is in nothing but a towel. Her heart is pounding, nervous that she has no other choice but to wear the hotel bathrobe because her hair is still wet and her body not fully dried. She can’t possibly wear her jumpsuit again right? Maybe when they leave for their flight later, yes but not now when they have some hours to spend in this hotel. She doesn’t like the feeling of wearing the same clothes again especially after taking a shower.

 

She waits for a few minutes more until her hair is dry and decides not to wear both her bra because yucks! Who would wear them again? Especially the . Then, she leaves the bathroom wearing the bathrobe, of course. Mina prays to god it’s the right thing to do because it’s not her to be doing all this when a man is around.

 

Mina sees the brunette man munching on his carbonara pasta, judging from its colour. She clears before muttering, “I’m sorry I took so long.”

 

Sehun snaps his eyes up to look at her. She has got to be the most beautiful girl he has ever seen, especially with that bare face. “Um, it’s fine. Our food had just arrived. Yours is still warm.”

 

The girl takes a seat on the chair next to Sehun comfortably, then, she unwraps the plastic from the plate and takes the fork. Before digging in, she mutters, “Thank you for the food.”

 

Sehun smiles at her with his eyes. “Dig in.”

 

They both eat in a comfortable silence. The silence then reminds him that they are actually not saying anything but just munching on their food. He sees her hand reaching out for her drink but not knowing which glass to take, the glass of plain water or the orange juice. Sehun quickly informs, “They’re both yours, don’t worry. I ordered both because I wasn’t sure about what you’d like to drin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter